• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Just had a look on YouTube and there are people who have put videos up of the 4090 being benchmarked in games? Can these actually be trusted? It looks like a 50-60% frame increase over the 3090ti expect for one game watch dogs legion that was 25% uplift.

There seem to be quite a few where it is 30%. Still, not bad though. 30-60% is a good result.

Just had a look on YouTube and there are people who have put videos up of the 4090 being benchmarked in games? Can these actually be trusted? It looks like a 50-60% frame increase over the 3090ti expect for one game watch dogs legion that was 25% uplift.

Probably fake crap to get views

There seem to be quite a few where it is 30%. Still, not bad though. 30-60% is a good result.
Yeah, those are fake. That channel does those with every GPU a week or two before they are released, and if you look back historically at past videos you'll see these fakes always come well under the actual performance of the new cards. It's not only faked, but faked to start some sort of controversy and get likes and subscribers. Some people, eh?

I would trust the leak from wccftech as they do due diligence.

Fake

Fake

Fake

First of all, if any random member of the public has a 4090 right now they can't even use it because Nvidia has not released the drivers, so it's a paperweight. OC UK already has 4090 cards in stock, even they won't be able to play with them cause they have no drivers.

At this stage, the only people who have the drivers to make the 4090 work is AIBs who manufactured the cards and official reviewers and there is no chance in hell a reviewer is going to be posting benchmarks on some no name youtube channel, there is no benefit for them and they risk getting sued into bankruptcy

And lastly just look at the numbers, clearly BS it shows the "4090" running 30c hotter than any actual leaks from AIB workers, also shows the 3090 and 3090ti running hotter than those cards generally run and it shows all 3 cards with the exact same temps lmao

Last edited:
Looks like a stock 4080 16gb, has appeared in 3D Mark Timespy

Scored 64% higher than 3080 and 45% higher than 3090

Pulling 330w, maxing out at 60c

Prob same guy who put up the the Timespy Extreme one yesterday

Last edited:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 spotted reaching 3.0 GHz and 616 Watts with GPU stress tool​

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...ng-3-0-ghz-and-616-watts-with-gpu-stress-tool

Apparently the temperature it ran at was a red tomato ?! :cry:

Rough translation

drop drop drop base
What's the temperature?

2022-10-06 16:28Reply

big hardware player
UP
Because of the compressor I use, there is no reference to the temperature, so I deliberately blocked it.
2022-10-06 16:291Reply

DIY channelReply to @hardware big player : ah, is this split cold head out?

Last edited:
I wonder how many people here will buy one these aib cards and then , when it pitches up, realise it won't actually fit in their case? Then theres the psu issue with not only needing a nuclear reactor to run it, but, if they've got one of the more power hungry versions, trying to run it without having a psu with a "smart" connector to monitor power draw. Probs won't happen for folks here due to being enthusiasts, knowledgeable, common sense, etc but might be a problem for others.

So Seasonic are giving away the new power connector to the higher spec PSU model owners for free whilst Corsair wants £20 a pop. Classic Corsair.

I expect Phanteks to give them out free too like they did with the 30 aeries founders cards.

interesting that the 600w corsair cable runs off 2 PSU side connectors, whereas i was intending to use 4 independent 8 pins and try and hide the rats nest of pig tails and the adapter.

interesting that the 600w corsair cable runs off 2 PSU side connectors, whereas i was intending to use 4 independent 8 pins and try and hide the rats nest of pig tails and the adapter.
Yeah, I'm somewhat confused by this too. It's the equivalent of running a 3090 FE off one PCIe cable. Perhaps someone more up on power loads can explain how that works.

Uses the PSU outputs directly that support over 300W each.

Same outputs as 8 pin CPU EPS12V so 4x12v pins rated at ~10 amps each and 4 grounds per connector

Edit: When I say support over 300 watts I just mean the physical connection can, including the metal pins and wires. Obviously the PSU has to be able to supply that amount too which is why they say 1200 watt + for full 600 watt output.
My AX1500i should do 125 amps on the 12V rail and you can set OCP to 40 amps per output if you like. So hopefully no issues using the 7 or so year old PSU :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom