• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I spent £30,000 on a projector last year (will still be paying for that for a few years), and only £800 on my car. Most people would have that the other way around but it's what makes me happy that's important.

Exactly, lets see Gibbo's silly Ferrari transmit Cyberpunk in crisp 4K onto a bedroom wall

Jokes aside, if you set out with the aim of saving up for something specific and you meet that target then nobody can tell you not to buy whatever it is you want. Aside from partying I don't have any other non-essential expenditures so naturally I **** away money on technology lol

That’s the thing man, I recently lost someone close to me and they always begrudged spending, now they gone they can’t take what they had with them. If you can afford it do what makes you happy.

I didn’t even know you could get projectors that expensive. I think the only purchase I made this year that I regret was I spent £2,000 on some IEMs and I’m too scared to use them incase I break them lol.
Did you make sure your ethernet cables were 200 quid top spec made of platinum gold too?

LOL

I am just as guilty though, moved to a 5800X from 5600X. But I had cooling problems with the 5600X.

I didn’t even know you could get projectors that expensive.
They're five grand cheaper now if you want to snag one. :D

(Don't banhammer me please OC, you don't sell these)

So I've got a 10900k with Z490 MB that is PCI gen 3. Would I be likely to be leaving performance on the table over PCI gen 4?

think it's dependent on the game but I've seen figures from 1-5% for a 3090 PCIE 3 vs 4. I'm in a SFF case with a PCIE 3 extender atm. You'll still be net positive with an upgrade though

Seems to me that we really need a " but will it fit" range of videos in different cases. Or do you think they aren't allowed to even show that?

Some people like jay and kyle from bitwit have shown the cards in cases, seems to be they could do that but i doubt they have tons of cases laying around to test as they take up a lot of space vs regular components.

:cry: This Forum does make me laugh at times , let people spend their money on what they want rather than trying to offer financial advice to someone you don't personally know.... why buy a supercar when a Fiesta will happily get you from A to B ... why buy a 4090 when a 3000 series will happily play games etc , some people just want the best there is :eek::cry:

Just in case anyone has an O11 XL - I found a thread on reddit where someone linked to a 3D printed panel riser thing

Pic of case
3D majig

:cry: This Forum does make me laugh at times , let people spend their money on what they want rather than trying to offer financial advice to someone you don't personally know.... why buy a supercar when a Fiesta will happily get you from A to B ... why buy a 4090 when a 3000 series will happily play games etc , some people just want the best there is :eek::cry:
Buying a Ferrari doesn't have the knock on effect of pushing up the price of a fiesta. With Gpus though it also pushes up prices for those in the mid and lower end where people are not so flush so you can understand why people get a bit fed up.

Last edited:
Sorry for another stupid question, maybe I can return the favour with a topic I know something about one day!

How much clearance do you need for a GPU. I am looking at the options for my case, as it looks to very close in terms of size - might maybe only a few mm between the end of the card and my front case fans - is this going to be an issue?

Getting a new case is fine if needed, but don't want to do that if not needed as I like my present case.

Sorry for another stupid question, maybe I can return the favour with a topic I know something about one day!

How much clearance do you need for a GPU. I am looking at the options for my case, as it looks to very close in terms of size - might maybe only a few mm between the end of the card and my front case fans - is this going to be an issue?

Getting a new case is fine if needed, but don't want to do that if not needed as I like my present case.

Not at all.

Buying a Ferrari doesn't have the knock on effect of pushing up the price of a fiesta. With Gpus though it also pushes up prices for those in the mid and lower end where people are not so flush so you can understand why people get a bit fed up.
Problem is why the prices are expensive even if you can comfortably afford it there is not much we can do about it apart from vote with your own wallet and even if every single member on this forum didn't buy a 40 series the prices will keep on going up each generation as will performance . I do think the price of the 4080 is a **** take for sure as much as i think the price of the AIB are a **** take which is why im not entertaining that greed and paying £600 over msrp but i personally do want an upgrade and will get the FE card at MSRP . Lets Hope AMD can supply cards that are a decent upgrade but also at a decent price as there is room to improve on what Nvidia have done with the 80 series for sure . Going forward though prices are just going to be more expensive .... house prices up **** loads in the last 20 years , car prices ever increasing as are petrol prices and the things we love GPU yep they are going up as well :cry:

Back
Top Bottom