• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I am not sure the 4090 is a Ferrari, its more like a Bugatti Chiron going through a 40mph speed camera (console port locked at 60fps) on a Welsh mountain road (unreal engine 4) stuck behind a slow moving, broken caravan (cyberpunk development team).

Some people will always pay and that is the way I see it. Look at the people who pay £500 for trainers. Pay £1500 each year for the new I-phone. There is enough people willing to make the companies get away with it (although I know in the case of trainers it is scalpers, but the same is true) . They don't have to supply and keep happy the masses, just enough to make it worth their while.

I have a 6 year old mobile, works fine for me. I don't need anymore, but nobody really needs the latest I-phone.

Trainers, I have some Adidas Sambas I've had for years. I don't need anymore, but some people want exclusive items and status symbols - these people are a lot more common these day I feel, with social media etc. and what we seem to be becoming as society. Having the latest thing to show off is far more important I think now that if it is a good idea, or if you can afford it. For me is like people who smoke and drink heavily, they always seem to have money for that ( I know I am generalising, but is what I have seen overall)

Is all about choices I guess, many will be responsible and live within their means and needs. Others may borrow to give them what they want, not what they need.
Why did Nvidia cut the price of the 3090Ti by almost half?

"According to the ONS, in 2021 the average UK salary was £38,131 for a full-time role"
~£3,178 monthly

so how much do you need to live on determines how many 4090's you can buy per month

I assume because they had made too many and wanted to shift them. Making some profit is better than none, but they made plenty from those who bought at the earlier price.

Is just business, sell for as much money as you can seems the modern motto. No longer have fixed margins, just push it as much as you can.

Because demand dropped, the perfect storm came to an end mining died , covid ended , only so much will pay excessive amount

I'll never pay above what I paid for 3080fe at £650

Probably a silly question but will all the 4090s come with the pcie adapter?

I have an evga 1200W P2 and no way am I swapping already.

Also, do we know yet which cards have the full 600W available if needed?

I have my eye on the msi Suprim X as I have the 3090 and really like how it performs, a pretty damn cool and quiet card.

Last edited:
"According to the ONS, in 2021 the average UK salary was £38,131 for a full-time role"
~£3,178 monthly

so how much do you need to live on determines how many 4090's you can buy per month
The full break down is quite interesting for anyone who is curious

Yeah the FE will be difficult to get as seems a lot are going to be after it , lets hope they have been stocking up :cry: Price wise the FE with a stock EK block is coming in at £1856 or £1966 with the Active backplate .... both quite a bit cheaper than some the AIB prices going round :D I will just hold out till i get an FE at msrp , im not paying over the odds just to get my hands on one as i don't need it that badly :o

Will be some random small chips and the back of the die but the main cooling of the die and memory is all done by the front section , the active back plate on these will do like 5% of total cooling imo BUT it does look a lot better for sure:D
There'll be import duty and carrier handling charge on the ek block as well

I assume because they had made too many and wanted to shift them. Making some profit is better than none, but they made plenty from those who bought at the earlier price.

Is just business, sell for as much money as you can seems the modern motto. No longer have fixed margins, just push it as much as you can.
So there wasn't "enough buyers" for that product at that price.

It isn't automatic that there is always "enough" buyers of high-end tech at any price.

That’s the thing man, I recently lost someone close to me and they always begrudged spending, now they gone they can’t take what they had with them. If you can afford it do what makes you happy.

I didn’t even know you could get projectors that expensive. I think the only purchase I made this year that I regret was I spent £2,000 on some IEMs and I’m too scared to use them incase I break them lol.
UM MEST?

Just had a thought. Anybody know with the 4090FE that if you take the shroud off, is it the same 16 pin power connector? I seem to remember with the 3000 series FE that once you removed the shroud it was normal 8pin pcie power connectors underneath?

Back
Top Bottom