• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Didn't MLID also say Arc is cancelled? You'd think that's a career-defining mistake, like Adored's "Zen 2 will boost to 5ghz". Yet he soldiers on like he never got anything wrong. At least Adored has die analysis besides leaks. MLID has... interviews?

TBF lots of them said Arc was dead. I sometimes find him hard work, he isn't the worst out there for style though. He works off leaks he gets from industry insiders and like journalists sometimes they get bad info from their sources. He and others seem to get bad info as well and report it.

Last edited:
the rumours are coming from an assumption that the AMD cards will have less shaders but they run approx x1.4 faster than nv cuda cores in raster. therefore, like for like someone has assumed that the AMD cards will be running at just under 4ghz with 12288 shaders.
ah no i was suggesting that its a lot of stuff for a die size of 350mm2 .. its too powerful if true, it should beat nvidia hands down if thats what amd is going to provide on a 350m2 die
theres a big difference between nvidias cuda cores and amd shader count.. cuda cores are highly specialized dumb units that take up much smaller area compared to an amd shader which is typically designed as a multifunction ALU

Wait seriously? I just got a new P2 1600W so the max I can pull is 475W? Do you have a source on this?

Edit: Looks like the P2 1600 does 120W so that would be 555W max with 4 8 Pins.

Edit 2: It says the 12V rail can do the full 1600 Watts so I don't think this is an issue
220-P2-1600-X1_EN.jpg
its the ampacity of the slot and the cables/connectors people are worried about.. more like if you have 12v doing 300w implies current inrush of 25A.. so, if your connectors or cables are not specced for 25A current draw they would overheat to the point of being a potential fire hazard.. thats broadly the discussion

Last edited:
its the ampacity of the slot and the cables/connectors people are worried about.. more like if you have 12v doing 300w implies current inrush of 25A.. so, if your connectors or cables are not specced for 25A current draw they would overheat to the point of being a potential fire hazard.. thats broadly the discussion
No the guy I quoted said “First gen leadex only has 100w output per slot” which I think they were saying each 8 pin connected to the PSU would only be able to pull 100W which is not correct at all

Where is this power-per-PSU-slot info coming from? I have never noticed this info in any review.
its not a feature of the PSU but rather the device pulling power through it, dont know if they have per-slot circuit breakers, but perhaps there hadnt been a need to find this out before

No the guy I quoted said “First gen leadex only has 100w output per slot” which I think they were saying each 8 pin connected to the PSU would only be able to pull 100W which is not correct at all
maybe thats true, as i said we dont know if every slot has a redundant circuit breaker, but if your components (wires, connectors) etc. are rated at 8A its practically 100W before the thing starts to melt and starts a small fire.. though i know for sure the atx standard requires that 6/8-pins be specced for 150W power draw

Last edited:
its not a feature of the PSU but rather the device pulling power through it, dont know if they have per-slot circuit breakers, but perhaps there hadnt been a need to find this out before

maybe thats true, as i said we dont know if every slot has a redundant circuit breaker, but if your components (wires, connectors) etc. are rated at 8A its practically 100W before the thing starts to melt and starts a small fire.. though i know for sure the atx standard requires that 6/8-pins be specced for 150W power draw
I'm just asking about the numbers. 100w, 120w, 150w.....how do we know what a given PSU can handle per "slot"?

Last edited:
Last edited:
TBF lots of them said Arc was dead. I sometimes find him hard work, he isn't the worst out there for style though. He works off leaks he gets from industry insiders and like journalists sometimes they get bad info from their sources. He and others seem to get bad info as well and report it.

Every single one of his videos is just ego masturbation and him sniffing his own farts, complete egoist.

Back
Top Bottom