• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Think I've talked myself into buying one so that's good news. Hopefully holds true for the founders edition.
I was all like "Can't justify it and definitely will not buy this overpriced corpo milking machine!", then my wife just today "I heard new super fast GPU is coming but cost close to £2k? I think you should buy it, you like toys like that and it's not a problem for us. :)" - women... Now my mind is struggling to stick to my convictions! xD

Didn't MLID also say Arc is cancelled? You'd think that's a career-defining mistake, like Adored's "Zen 2 will boost to 5ghz". Yet he soldiers on like he never got anything wrong. At least Adored has die analysis besides leaks. MLID has... interviews?
Adored has leaks, analysis and some guessing. He never claimed to be always right and never was always right but at least often was close enough for it to make sense. That said, leaks are confusing as a lot of people leaking info do not actually have access to the full thing in the corporation, so they likely make up some things too, whilst leaking some real stuff - to make it sound more important I reckon.

I was all like "Can't justify it and definitely will not buy this overpriced corpo milking machine!", then my wife just today "I heard new super fast GPU is coming but cost close to £2k? I think you should buy it, you like toys like that and it's not a problem for us. :)" - women... Now my mind is struggling to stick to my convictions! xD

Amazing!

I say buy it :D

Lucky b****** :D

Especially if the leaks about a 2% performance increase for the OC AIB cards are true as there wouldn’t be much incentive to go for a higher cost AIB
Considering all the info we already have about FE cooler (including new GN vid with interview with one of the engineers who designed the cooling), it's quite overbuilt as is and should be very efficient and silent - possibly actually doing better job than AIB bigger coolers.

Nvidia will sell the founders at MSRP so AIBs will either have to sell at that price or they will stay on shelves.
There's a lot of people who do not care about money as much as they care about looks, RGB, brand etc. - they will buy their fav AIB irrelevant of the price. I mean, it's around £2k - people shopping in that bracket often do not care for 10% up or down anymore. That said, if I had to choose one, it would be FE - smaller and way cheaper than most AIBs, cooler shapes up to be really good for it (even with OC) and silent, and it's aimed at more mature sense of aesthetics than teen-like blingy stuff. :)

Last edited:
There's a lot of people who do not care about money as much as they care about looks, RGB, brand etc. - they will buy their fav AIB irrelevant of the price. I mean, it's around £2k - people shopping in that bracket often do not care for 10% up or down anymore. That said, if I had to choose one, it would be FE - smaller and way cheaper than most AIBs, cooler shapes up to be really good for it (even with OC) and silent, and it's aimed at more mature sense of aesthetics than teen-like blingy stuff. :)

Definitely right. Pretty much how Der8auer summed it up in his shark fin video.
I'll be going FE if I can get one come Wed afternoon.

An extra £350 (i.e. 20% more, not just 10%) for just RGB and brand seems strange, I'm sure **some** would pay that, as there are some that buy the £1000 Apple monitor stand, but for most games that value their money even when they buy high-end products, if FE comes at £1679 then there's very little value paying an extra £350 just for nothing.

Usually when people are prepared to pay that much extra, they're going for custom liquid cooling, which will still be cheaper than the £350 for a waterblock, pump/reservoir and rad.

MSRP starts at 1679 (supposedly)but most cards around 2k mark. We know the actual prices on Wednesday

4090-Price.jpg

Looks like £1679 is confirmed.

The cynic in me would just be asking what it is she's wanting to buy for a few grand :p

But still, nice!

There was some uncertainty whether they'd change the price due to the falling value of the pound.

Thankfully the price shown at the Beyond Expensive event hasn't gone higher than it already is.

Nvidia, like previous generations, very likely hedged their currency risk on the day of the announcement for the entirely of the product's sales period. Nobody was expecting Nvidia to increase prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom