• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Nobody was expecting Nvidia to increase prices.

im-looking-at-you-turning-my-head-to-you.gif

I was all like "Can't justify it and definitely will not buy this overpriced corpo milking machine!", then my wife just today "I heard new super fast GPU is coming but cost close to £2k? I think you should buy it, you like toys like that and it's not a problem for us. :)" - women... Now my mind is struggling to stick to my convictions! xD
It's the opposite way round in my house...

I was all like "Can't justify it and definitely will not buy this overpriced corpo milking machine!", then my wife just today "I heard new super fast GPU is coming but cost close to £2k? I think you should buy it, you like toys like that and it's not a problem for us. :)" - women... Now my mind is struggling to stick to my convictions! xD
My wife said it sounds like a waste of money and then proceeded to tell me that she wants a Porsche Cayenne.

So sorry to hear of your wife's affair. :(

Less than 4 days to go now so what’s the first thing people are going to use them with? I’m gonna see how it holds up in Cyberpunk then will try out VR with it. I never did complete half life alyx so this is a good opportunity to finish it off and put the 4090 through its paces

This may be useful for prospective 4090 buyers;

850W RMx here so happy :)

edit - Not surprising really, even my RM650x coped fine with a 12700k+3080 inc overclocks all round, I changed to an 850w to give me a little more headroom for the 6900XT (still ran on the 650w btw) and 3090. Glad I did now, should be ok with a 4090 if I go for one.

Last edited:
Less than 4 days to go now so what’s the first thing people are going to use them with? I’m gonna see how it holds up in Cyberpunk then will try out VR with it. I never did complete half life alyx so this is a good opportunity to finish it off and put the 4090 through its paces
Assetto Corsa Competizione - want to see it running full details on the super wide :)

There's a lot of people who do not care about money as much as they care about looks, RGB, brand etc. - they will buy their fav AIB irrelevant of the price. I mean, it's around £2k - people shopping in that bracket often do not care for 10% up or down anymore. That said, if I had to choose one, it would be FE - smaller and way cheaper than most AIBs, cooler shapes up to be really good for it (even with OC) and silent, and it's aimed at more mature sense of aesthetics than teen-like blingy stuff. :)

Silent? Where did you get that from?

It's got 0DB at idle, sure. We don't know how loud it'll be yet, until reviews are out. Nvidia's last attempt to cool the 450W 3090ti was a loud mess. They've improved the cooler significantly for the 4090FE, but it's still much smaller than some of the AIB models. Even if it's engineered extremely well, I doubt it can make up for the lack of mass and surface area, and a third fan.

I'm so confused about the PSU daisy chain business. I thought it was ok if of the 4 connectors at least one could be from a split wire connection.

Like the official adapters these PSU manufacturers are using are from a 2 sockets joint near the PSU arn't they? Are they ok?

But this is from the MSI Suprim 4090 box;

Last edited:
Out of interest to the people who are interested in actually buying a 4090, considering the news that they wont sell out fast, are you still going to buy them day one, just a month before the competitions announcements? It seems a bit crazy to me to just drop £2k like that when the competition could offer the same or similar performance for potentially £100's cheaper. Don't get me wrong if they're only £100 cheaper i'd probably prefer a Nvidia card.
It just seems insane to me with the competition announcement only 3-4 weeks after these release.

Back
Top Bottom