• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Agreed I really have no reason to upgrade so will hold for the 5 series - I also game at 3440x1440 (144hz) and 4K/60.

With the cost of living where it is, I'm going to save up instead.
Wise move, i see a lot of youngsters living on the edge these days spending thousands on clothes, designer gear, expensive tech while living an extremely unhealthy diet just to pass by to keep up a facade that they are "Rich" for social media and tiktok.

The 3090ti is on average 32% faster than the 3080 at rasterisation: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3090-Ti-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3080/

If the 4080 is another 20% on top of that, as you yourself state, that's 59% total gain over the 3080 (including compounding because you're doing it in a weird way). So you agree with me. You just want to frame those numbers in a more negative-looking way because you're rightly upset by the pricing. As I said, we don't need to exaggerate. It's unhelpful.

I know the 4080 is overpriced.
But for the performance it is well priced.

3090Ti performance for less money.

I know the 4080 is overpriced.
But for the performance it is well priced.

3090Ti performance for less money.
3090tis are under a grand now, mate. Cheapest 4080 is gonna be £1350. It's not well-priced for the performance, it's priced specifically to make the 30-series cards look like good value because there are still a gajillion of them unsold. It's price abuse is what it is.

Last edited:
BTW, just seen another retailer (naming no names) put up some early pricing on the ROG Strix 4090 at £2,269. Hahahahahahahaha! Yeah, good luck with that. Best set aside a nice permenant spot in your warehouse for those to gather dust.
I can bet that the Strix 4090 from here will go for £2,299! As that’s the price already setup for it.

Gibbo's already said very low stock on the more exclusive top end 4090's (Strix, Aorus Master etc) - so expect these to show sold out very quickly, regardless of the price
Lol quick buy or you'll miss out, limited time deal etc.

Over a grand takes loads of people out of the market, I would say at least 80% of the total 2k is going to eliminate 90+%, there won't be a huge turnover.

Our IT supplier (not a retailer) can now purchase this card for me at £1,984.00 inc VAT - This is the only card he can get hold of.

So if this card is close to £2k that means the high end ones are going to be £2300+

Our IT supplier (not a retailer) can now purchase this card for me at £1,984.00 inc VAT - This is the only card he can get hold of.

So if this card is close to £2k that means the high end ones are going to be £2300+
Nah, that means that's what they're charging you now, nothing else.

Considering the folk in this thread are the most well-moneyed and 'enthusiast'-end PC gamers out there, we should do a straw poll. Who here is going to pay £2,300 for a ROG when they could pay up to £500 less for a different AIB card or £620 less for an FE?

Because if no one here is going to do that, it's illogical to suppose there are others out there who will. When it comes to the people most likely to grit our teeth and pay that, we are it. So, who's gonna do it?

Last edited:
Considering the folk in this thread are the most well-moneyed and 'enthusiast'-end PC gamers out there, we should do a straw poll. Who here is going to pay £2,300 for a ROG when they could pay £500 less for the same card from a different brand?

Because if no one here is going to do that, it's illogical to suppose there are others out there who will. When it comes to the people most likely to grit our teeth and pay that, we are it. So, who's gonna do it?
There are people that will do that, if they can have it now, there will be enough on launch day probably not expecting mass market after that.
Lol they're not going to be manufacturing very many of them.

Back
Top Bottom