• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Can someone have a look at this and clarify please.

It will work fine I’m sure. The only ‘restriction’ is bandwidth, whether or not that will have any meaningful impact is arguable. It will still work fine. Worst case, you may lose some performance compared to a 4.0 slot.

Pure speculation: The fe will last 30s before the website crashes and a few lucky others snag one 20 mins later when the server calms (happened last time). How long it will stay sold out (meaning more than 5min availability per drop), I think will be a month or two instead of 6+. Hope I'm wrong. Will be f5ing 1355 Wednesday. Got some breathing room as EK fe block says estimate 2nd week in November.
I just think the fe price will be too attractive compared to Strix, and many scalpers will try their luck with it being so lucrative last time.

Dont forget - when they are all out of stock tommorrow and prices go up - it must be the miners....
Not sure why you keep banging on about miners, pretty much every GPU release goes OOS on day one and has nothing to do with mining, now if they're still sold out 6 months to a year later and cost double the MSRP then we'll know for sure that mining had no impact.

Dont forget - when they are all out of stock tommorrow and prices go up - it must be the miners....

Give us back our 4090's :mad::mad::mad:

istockphoto-477633515-612x612.jpg

Reactions: HRL
Not sure why you keep banging on about miners, pretty much every GPU release goes OOS on day one and has nothing to do with mining, now if they're still sold out 6 months to a year later and cost double the MSRP then we'll know for sure that mining had no impact.
Not the ones in this price range, as this is the first such release (in bit more normal times). Even in mining craze 3090 FE was available for days each time it was in stock (till later when crypto was very expensive and even 3090 sold out quickly). My prediction is that maybe few hundred enthusiasts will jump on 4090s, spread between thousands available (both FE and AIB in all UK shops together), hence not only it will not sell out (in general, some small-numbered AIB likely will sell out) on day one but it will stay available for a long time afterwards too. That said, mining is pretty much dead for the time being (I am sure it will come back sooner or later but not for a while longer), so I wouldn't even count them in this release.

Last edited:
PCI-E is fully backwards and forwards compatible.

But doesn't mean it will work either due to the UEFI/BIOS of the motherboard being out of date and no updates for it to recognise new gpus or PCIE devices. This is something people forget with certain standards. The other issues is with gpus is the firmwares have all now moved to a UEFI based VBIOS and Legacy VBIOS's are not used anymore, anyone remember the transition and having to email vendors for compatible VBIOS or motherboard makers to add UEFI BIOS and not just legacy.

Not the ones in this price range, as this is the first such release (in bit more normal times). Even in mining craze 3090 FE was available for days each time it was in stock (till later when crypto was very expensive and even 3090 sold out quickly). My prediction is that maybe few hundred enthusiasts will jump on 4090s, spread between thousands available (both FE and AIB in all UK shops together), hence not only it will not sell out (in general, some small-numbered AIB likely will sell out) on day one but it will stay available for a long time afterwards too. That said, mining is pretty much dead for the time being (I am sure it will come back sooner or later but not for a while longer), so I wouldn't even count them in this release.

I predict all the cheap sub £1750 cards well sell out in minutes. The £2000+ AIB cards will take longer.

Back
Top Bottom