• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I predict all the cheap sub £1750 cards well sell out in minutes. The £2000+ AIB cards will take longer.
Cheap £1750... :) If NVIDIA will not change their pricing FE will be sub £1750 and they produced them for many months before this release, in huge quantities (because they hoped to make miners happy, I am sure). Which means they likely have warehouses full of these ready to go, many thousands. I highly doubt they will sell out.

Last edited:
Was about to say exactly the same thing.

I'd also be amazed if less than pcie 4.0 x16 was performance limiting. Nvidia have always been quite good on bandwidth.

Question - are PCIE4.0 riser cables going to be fine for these to get full performance? Only PCIE5 riser cables I've seen are on Aliexpress...!

Last edited:
Cheap £1750... :) If NVIDIA will not change their pricing FE will be sub £1750 and they produced them for many months before this release, in huge quantities (because they hoped to make miners happy, I am sure). Which means they likely have warehouses full of these ready to go, many thousands. I highly doubt they will sell out.
FE is already under £1700, it’s not going to be under £1750.

FE is already under £1700, it’s not going to be under £1750.
Are you trying to tell me £1700 is not under £1750, or what is your point? :) The real price we'll see when they actually post them. So far NVIDIA just said "Starting at £1,699" - they did NOT say this is the FE price. Also, this is already higher than what they still had on their website just few days ago, as at that point it was "Starting at £1,679". They love to grey-talk, like all big corpos. We'll see on Wed.

Last edited:
No, it wasnt crypto or 2 things would have actually happened. Offloading literally millions of gpus, aka the flood dreamed off for months and gpu makers selling cards below msrp...

Neither is happening.
So even though Nvidia CEO and CFO said it was in an earnings call, that if they were misleading investors would result in severe consequences, you're still denying that it happened?

AIB aren't selling cards bellow MSRP because as Nvidia CEO and CFO said...
Sitting around at Nvidia HQ, in the last earning call (August) they said "so our strategy is to sell well below -- well -- sell-in well below the current sell-through levels in the marketplace to give the channel an opportunity to correct. We'll do that for a couple of quarters or so" (sell-in is how many GPUs they sell) and they also say "we took into account had to reflect some of the purchasing that we did a supply back more than a year ago" so it looks like the lead times for somethings can be up to a year.
They're literally telling you they're selling GPUs to AIB well bellow the number of graphics cards that AIB are selling to customers and they plan on doing that until at least March next year.

While Nvidia don't know what percentage of gaming revenue is made up of crypto...
Today, we will share with you more details on our Q2 results and Q3 outlook. Starting with Gaming. Revenue of $2.04 billion was down 44% sequentially and down 33% year on year, reflecting challenging market conditions. As discussed in May, we expected a sequential decline in Gaming revenue due to softness in Europe related to the war in Ukraine and COVID lockdowns in China.

The decline in Gaming GPU revenue was sharper than anticipated driven by both lower units and lower ASPs. Macroeconomic headwinds across the world drove a sudden slowdown in consumer demand. We implemented programs with our Gaming channel partners to adjust pricing in the channel and to price-position current high-end desktop GPUs as we prepare for a new architecture launch. As noted last quarter, we had expected cryptocurrency money to make a diminishing contribution to Gaming demand.
If you think that 44% sequential decline and 33% year on year decline in revenue from April to June was caused by anything other than miners not buying GPUs then I'm all ears.

So even though Nvidia CEO and CFO said it was in an earnings call, that if they were misleading investors would result in severe consequences, you're still denying that it happened?

AIB aren't selling cards bellow MSRP because as Nvidia CEO and CFO said...

They're literally telling you they're selling GPUs to AIB well bellow the number of graphics cards that AIB are selling to customers and they plan on doing that until at least March next year.

While Nvidia don't know what percentage of gaming revenue is made up of crypto...

If you think that 44% sequential decline and 33% year on year decline in revenue from April to June was caused by anything other than miners not buying GPUs then I'm all ears.
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but does that translate as 'AIBs are sitting on stores of unsold 30 series cards and so Nvidia are selling the AIBs fewer cards than the rate AIBs are selling' so the AIBs can deplete their stores of 30 series?'

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but does that translate as 'AIBs are sitting on stores of unsold 30 series cards and so Nvidia are selling the AIBs fewer cards than the rate AIBs are selling' so the AIBs can deplete their stores of 30 series?'
It translates as Nvidia are selling far fewer GPU cores and GDDR (that's what AIBs buy from Nvidia) to AIBs than how may cards AIBs could sell, in other words Nvidia are artificially creating supply constraints on 3000 series cards by not letting AIBs have enough cores/memory to meet demand.

For example an AIB may tell Nvidia they expect to sell 5k 3070's in the next Qtr but Nvidia will only allocate 3k 3070 cores & memory to them.

Last edited:
I just think the fe price will be too attractive compared to Strix, and many scalpers will try their luck with it being so lucrative last time.

Would be great if Nvidia were able to supply enough stock to satisfy gamers and scalpers. eBay would be funny at least.

It translates as Nvidia are selling far fewer GPU cores and GDDR (that's what AIBs buy from Nvidia) to AIBs than how may cards AIBs could sell, in other words Nvidia are artificially creating supply constraints on 3000 series cards by not letting AIBs have enough cores/memory to meet demand.

For example an AIB may tell Nvidia they expect to sell 5k 3070's in the next Qtr but Nvidia will only allocate 3k 3070 cores & memory to them.

I was under the impression nvidia had overproduced 30 series - if they're undersupplying to AIBs are they then shifting towards selling more as FE cards?

will i get much improvement converting from XSX TO 4090. i played cyberpunk on xsx and i could not stand resolution. i hope pc version is better
PS 10 years on forum and my first question asked, first post

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom