• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If this can do Metro Exodus at 4k 120fps solid at maxed out settings using the highest quality of DLSS then we can talk an improvement over my current system. Very impossible though. 3090ti will drop to 60fps with this. Also I risk losing maybe the best cooled high end card I ever had. My GX Trio with a bump to fans but still silent in my glass case seems to never go over 60c.

Last edited:
Saw one of those x vs y vs w side by side comparisons on YT, 4090 ~50% faster than 3090ti at 4k high settings, who knows if its real... what time are the benchmarks released ? ... :D

Last edited:
This can do Metro Exodus at 4k 120fps solid at maxed out settings using the highest quality of DLSS and we can talk an improvement over my current system. Very impossible though. 3090ti will drop to 60fps with this. Also I risk losing maybe the best cooled high end card I ever had. My GX Trio with a bump to fans but still silent in my glass case seems to never go over 60c.

? Your 3090 gets trashed by the 4090 in games :D

Whether or not it's worth upgrading is up to you, though expect up to double performance in most titles

Last edited:
If this can do Metro Exodus at 4k 120fps solid at maxed out settings using the highest quality of DLSS then we can talk an improvement over my current system. Very impossible though. 3090ti will drop to 60fps with this. Also I risk losing maybe the best cooled high end card I ever had. My GX Trio with a bump to fans but still silent in my glass case seems to never go over 60c.

DLSS 3 is slated to come to Metro Exodus so technically it will be able to do it (in all likelihood)

? Your 3090 gets trashed by the 4090 in games :D

Whether or not it's worth upgrading is up to you, though expect up to double performance in most titles
Yes it does of course. but unless 60fps games are going to be 120fps games I'm not seeing the upgraditis bug. I'm not exactly going to be turning down any other settings at 4k60 for a couple of years.

DLSS 3 is slated to come to Metro Exodus so technically it will be able to do it (in all likelihood)
That's the very first thing someone has said that made me consider using my cost of living 3x£400 payments from my employer plus xmas bonus towards this lol. Fixed my mortgage for 5 years last October and don't use nearly enough electricity and gas to use the money the government already knocks off the bills so might as well.

Last edited:
Yes it does of course. but unless 60fps games are going to be 120fps games I'm not seeing the upgraditis bug. I'm not exactly going to be turning down any other settings at 4k60 for a couple of years.
Indeed, turning settings down is a big nonno for me. Didn't spend £1k on a 3080 Ti to play with reduced settings! Luckily I am not on 4K because of the ultrawide life forever :D

That's the very first thing someone has said that made me consider using my cost of living 3x£400 payments from my employer plus xmas bonus towards this lol.

Lol, full list of games here bud.

Bit of a gamble isn't it - do you wait for prices to likely drop since there might be a wait between the 4090 release and the release of a DLSS 3 patch for certain games or do you buy now before the £ possibly drops even further and the cards stay expensive for longer...

And would you believe it.

The nv store has put the prices up of the AIB cards from this morning :mad:
Aaaaand, now they look more like what I expected them to be. Back to looking at FE, let's see if that one will swell in price as well till tomorrow. Or, they will release small number of these, then say out of stock, then new stock just after with much higher price.

Last edited:
Lol, full list of games here bud.

Bit of a gamble isn't it - do you wait for prices to likely drop since there might be a wait between the 4090 release and the release of a DLSS 3 patch for certain games or do you buy now before the £ possibly drops even further and the cards stay expensive for longer...
Witcher with the new lighting model will probably need the power potentially. I think Plague tale 2 is the only one I can see that a 3090 cannot run at 60fps based on the specs released to just get 1080/60

Back
Top Bottom