• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If this can do Metro Exodus at 4k 120fps solid at maxed out settings using the highest quality of DLSS then we can talk an improvement over my current system. Very impossible though. 3090ti will drop to 60fps with this. Also I risk losing maybe the best cooled high end card I ever had. My GX Trio with a bump to fans but still silent in my glass case seems to never go over 60c.

You'll also be losing 2 grand.

You'll also be losing 2 grand.
3090 sale £600 3x£400 cost of living payment from work that I don't need for bills or mortgage or xmas = £1800 which is my limit. I get an xmas bonus too. I'm only an unskilled callcentre worker fixing peoples broadband so it's not much of a spend even for lower middle-class.

Like for the start of covid they gave £1200 to get set up with a home office. I already had a home office so I got the 3090.

Last edited:
If this can do Metro Exodus at 4k 120fps solid at maxed out settings using the highest quality of DLSS then we can talk an improvement over my current system. Very impossible though. 3090ti will drop to 60fps with this. Also I risk losing maybe the best cooled high end card I ever had. My GX Trio with a bump to fans but still silent in my glass case seems to never go over 60c.
In theory.. if you're only GPU limited and are getting 60fps then DLSS FRUC should give close double the framerate - minus some overhead which might be countered by base card improvements..

In practise, I think it'd take a lot of optimisation, and you'll probably hit a limitation somewhere else.

3090 sale £600 3x£400 cost of living payment from work that I don't need for bills or mortgage or xmas = £1800 which is my limit. I get an xmas bonus too. I'm only an unskilled callcentre worker fixing peoples broadband so it's not much of a spend even for lower middle-class.

Like for the start of covid they gave £1200 to get set up with a home office. I already had a home office so I got the 3090.
Nice, I got a 4k 144hz monitor with my WFH office setup allowance. Technically work related.

Its still £2k you could spend on something else...
A 3090 does not need upgrading, no matter what mental gymnastics you go through.

So the reason it says 'out of stock' is because Nvidia will recognise from their end (through their 3rd party) what stock availability is showing.

For the other AIB cards these are typically the lowest price on a list of etailers. So it will link to that etailer when it goes live, it will likely change to buy now when that specific site goes live with the product.

Can’t wait for tomorrow.

This is my skip generation but I want to see how the market is… scalped, not scalped, plenty of stock, pricing, etc.

Got my popcorn ready.
Will be interesting indeed. Has there been any official statement on stock levels from Nvidia?
Scaplers will still try to snag them but we're in completely different economic conditions than a few years go.
I remember trying to snag a 3090 FE first & then a 3080 FE when that was launched (instead of the 3090) and eventually managed to get the 3080 after at least one "nearly there" failed attempt, where my CC company decided to do a validation check on the purchase and by the time that had been done I couldn't checkout as no stock left :D.

Are people looking forward to this round as they were last few? I'm not. Might be combination of finding the 3080 solid still at 1440P, not doing a lot of gaming and dare I say it, the years ticking by :D. Definitely have more wrong colour hairs now on head

Last edited:

So £1200 then, say you get £600 for the 3090, and I see what you're saying with the COL payments, but it's still £1200.

Think about it, you know it's only FOMO...save your money, the economy is a disaster, inflation is going through the roof, one day soon that £1200 might look a lot better in your bank account than sat in your PC chomping electricity.

Last edited:
The problem I have with all these 4090 AIB cards is that they may do a good job of cooling the card but they dump all the heat into the case. And that is going to be a huge amount of heat with these OC cards meaning you end up with much higher temps for everything else (CPU in particular). I'm guessing the FE should be best in this respect as it will expel more heat directly out the back.

Are people looking forward to this round as they were last few? I'm not. Might be combination of finding the 3080 solid still at 1440P, not doing a lot of gaming and dare I say it, the years ticking by :D. Definitely have more wrong colour hairs now on head
I know its trendy to moan about everything but it's a hobby, my only one, and I look forward to every release even if I have no intention of buying the product. Buy, game, enjoy is what it should be all about.

Not a good sign just seeing if NV login still works:

403 ERROR​

The request could not be satisfied.​

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Not a good sign just seeing if NV login still works:

403 ERROR​

The request could not be satisfied.​

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
This happens if you refresh the site.
Why do you need Nv login, you login to the store that's not Nvidia :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom