• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

my 4090 is going into a i7 7700K system :D
i was going to leave the 750W psu in but i caved in today and bought an 850W one.
still tempted just to try the 4090 with 750W psu and maybe undervolt it if it can't handle it.

I did look in to upgrading my PCU and motherboard and memory and your looking at around £1000 just not worth for the gains in gaming ! & after looking at some benchmarks when you start to game at 4K the CPU doesn't effect the FPS much , something like 8700k vs 12900K in 4k gaming is giving you maybe 2-3 FPS more max depending on the game.

I did look in to upgrading my PCU and motherboard and memory and your looking at around £1000 just not worth for the gains in gaming ! & after looking at some benchmarks when you start to game at 4K the CPU doesn't effect the FPS much , something like 8700k vs 12900K in 4k gaming is giving you maybe 2-3 FPS more max depending on the game.
But sometimes game is single threaded heavy like Far Cry 6. And changing from 10850K to 12900K etc gives you 15-20fps extra on 1440P :)

i suspect that result would change quite a bit if tested with a 4090 .

1. Tomorrow 2pm
2. Yes several hundred are now in stock
3. :D
is that it. several hundred?

thats nothing, like a drop of water evaporating in a thousand degrees.

The UK's Enthusiasts, the PC master race or the rich people, will descend upon OCUK tomorrow, in person and online.

Also many international customers too, dont forget the businesses.

We are talking thousands, if not tens of thousands

And all they have is a few hundred?

This is an outrage, have we not learnt from the disastrous 30 series.

or am I just getting excited, nope.

I wonder how many FE will be in stock, maybe this is where the bulk of the stock will be; maybe the pricing and performance of the FE is what put EVGA off - who knows - but I guess we will see soon enough in terms of stock.

is that it. several hundred?

thats nothing, like a drop of water evaporating in a thousand degrees.

The UK's Enthusiasts, the PC master race or the rich people, will descend upon OCUK tomorrow, in person and online.

Also many international customers too, dont forget the businesses.

We are talking thousands, if not tens of thousands

And all they have is a few hundred?

This is an outrage, have we not learnt from the disastrous 30 series.

or am I just getting excited, nope.
You know there’s more retailers out there? You don’t have to be loyal to ocuk, they’ll be cheaper in other places.

I am overall positive on the card. Raster performance is more or less where it was rumored to be.. 60-80%... maybe a tich on the low side of rumors (some were saying 100%...) but still a pretty monstrous increase gen over gen. Thermals are outstanding. It seems wierd to say I'm happy with the power envelope, but I actually am. Its tamer than the 3090Ti and 6950XT and I was a little concerned real world testing would show that 450watts was a lowball but that does not appear to be the case. Not only that it looks like it will be an outstanding undervolter.

Still waiting to see what AMD has in this tier, you'd be insane not too imo. But I like what I see and as a 4K/120 user I definitely have this in my sights.

Cost? Yes its expensive but not offensively so for my needs, I'll pick something up in this tier and it will last me a good 5, 6, 7 years. It's a true halo/bleeding edge product that is not needed by 95% of the market. Anyone at 1440p or 1080p has no reason to be looking at this product line or price tier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom