• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

After watching the Digital Foundry video today on the 4090 Founders card, it's convinced me to wait until after the AMD launch. Not because I want an AMD. But how it could affect the pricing of the 40's series. Also, DLSS 3.0 isn't in full swing yet. By the time Frame generation has made its way into more than 3 AAA games, The market should be quite different.

Last edited:
After watching the Digital Foundry video today on the 4090 Founders card, it's convinced me to wait until after the AMD launch. Not because I want an AMD. But how it could affect the pricing of the 40's series. Also, DLSS 3.0 isn't in full swing yet. By the time Frame regeneration has made its way into more than 3 AAA games, The market should be quite different.
Convinced me to wait until GeForce 5K series.

TBH at 1440P I might still be golden on my 3070 when that arrives LOL.

Consoles dictate the software.

Last edited:
@Gerard Actually I take it back, it might have been one of MLID’s videos after all. Watched so many vids this week and it doesn’t appear to be the one I linked a little earlier.

That video is interesting though and shows the much larger vapour chamber for the 4090FE, and the fact they’ve switched to fluid dynamic bearings for the fans as opposed to the two bearing fans used on previous cards.
Only vid I've seen the alleged melting is mlid, which is the type of hyperbole I've come to expect from him.

Well this part is interesting. Why make such a beast card that is basically doing overclocking duty to push the final 10% performance.

Its the same story on the 3080, a few of us on here are undervolting.

Nvidia seemingly have decided they want absolute max performance rather than performance per watt now.

--

Additional notes.

Seems Nvidia review guide had a strong influence on this one, not only advising which games to test but providing him specific review game/bench non public software samples to use. In addition he disclosed it influenced his choice of CPU platform to use, because Nvidia advised him might be lower performance on AM5.

I appreciated his coverage of the power draw nonsense, but I would have stuck two fingers up at the review guide personally for integrity reasons.

Last edited:
Wonder if nvidia will further drop the price of the remaining 3 series FE cards, it's pretty unusual for a new series to launch and still have FE of the previous gen knocking around in plentiful supply.

Wonder if nvidia will further drop the price of the remaining 3 series FE cards, it's pretty unusual for a new series to launch and still have FE of the previous gen knocking around in plentiful supply.
Well they should..no sane person will pay £930+ at this point for a 3080 Ti or £1150 for 3090 Ti when they are now officialy last gen and base 4080 is out soon at £950 (supposedly) out performing them.
they should drop to :
3080 £500
3080 Ti £600
3090 £700
and 3090 Ti £800

Last edited:
Is that for some kind of sim use or just because?

I've gone from:

16:9 24'' monitor to 16:9 27'' monitor to 21:9 AW3418DW to 16:9 55'' OLED to 49'' 32:9 Samsung CRG9 to 110'' projector Epson to 150'' projector JVC to 170'' 21:9 projector JVC to to LG OLED 55' C6 wit curve.. then decided to go triple for extra field of view as I was used to the projector.

I've used it for sim for MSFS but I find most benefit in single player games like assasins creed, ROTOR, witcher 3. just feels.. phenomenal.

Think nvidia made a huge mistake with only putting display port 1.4 on the 3090. Thus the max frame rate it can output (with DSC) is 4k 144 Hz.
I hear AMD have display port 2,0 with rdna 3 so will wait 4 that.

Back
Top Bottom