• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Soldato
Blimey not only do you have to fork out for a 2000 pound graphics card you also need to spend over a thousand more for a new CPU motherboard and memory just to play games not worth it in my opinion.
No that’s not the case.

If you’re chasing the ultimate performance then yes speccing yourself a top system is the way to go to really get the benefit of a 4090.

Caporegime
So 100% Stay away from AMD if you have 4090 then ! Massive different. Ill keep my eye on there 13gen review over the next coming days and work out what CPU to get.

Honestly i would hope anybody buying a 4090 was gaming at 4k. At that res the difference is only 6.5% and half the games the difference was zero.

Soldato
Caporegime
Strange, why not use a 5800X3D when we know it’s faster than a 12900K.
Iirc his original 4090 test bench was a 5800X and they switched it to a 12900K hence the comparison.

edit;

"Our graphics card test system is powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core/16-thread "Zen 3" processor, a machine we've been using since last year, which replaced our older test-bench that was powered by a Intel Core i9-9900K. Changing our VGA test bench is a complex process for us, which involves re-testing 33 graphics cards in three resolutions, across a selection of 25 games (that's 2,475 tests not counting corrections). Our most recent rebench was toward the end of Summer 2022, with the 5800X. Although we had the opportunity to switch to the Core i9-12900K "Alder Lake," we decided against doing so, because we wanted to see what Zen 4 can bring to the table. Buying components for a 12900K test system, only to scrap it a few weeks later in favor of Zen 4 makes no sense."

Last edited:
Soldato
Iirc his original 4090 test bench was a 5800X and they switched it to a 12900K hence the comparison.

edit;

"Our graphics card test system is powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core/16-thread "Zen 3" processor, a machine we've been using since last year, which replaced our older test-bench that was powered by a Intel Core i9-9900K. Changing our VGA test bench is a complex process for us, which involves re-testing 33 graphics cards in three resolutions, across a selection of 25 games (that's 2,475 tests not counting corrections). Our most recent rebench was toward the end of Summer 2022, with the 5800X. Although we had the opportunity to switch to the Core i9-12900K "Alder Lake," we decided against doing so, because we wanted to see what Zen 4 can bring to the table. Buying components for a 12900K test system, only to scrap it a few weeks later in favor of Zen 4 makes no sense."
Half the reason why I can’t take these websites seriously.

5800X with 16GB of DDR4 memory vs a 12900K with 32GB of DDR5.

Soldato
Really hope some reviews do 4090 on a 7700X and 13700K with proper memory on both.

I need new cpu/mobo/ram and don’t know what to buy! 8 core single ccd or 8 core and fewest ecores seems the best for gaming.

4K 1% lows is probably most important to me when average fps is similar on both platforms.

At least going AM5 I’d have the option to get the next X3D.

Eagerly awaiting the reviews!

OcUK Staff
Half the reason why I can’t take these websites seriously.

5800X with 16GB of DDR4 memory vs a 12900K with 32GB of DDR5.
Most reviewers have no clue even how to set up the CPU for max gaming perf.... so buyers can really see what the card is capable of... Sad but true!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know when

Microsoft Flight Simulator | NVIDIA DLSS 3 gets released ? Online its saying 17th but I do not see it in the game.​

Are you on SU11 beta, it was only released on that. If not it'll be when SU11 releases on 11th Nov.

I would be wary opting in for the beta it's a bit clunky and some people have had to reinstall when it's gone wrong.

Soldato
why is it that 4090 has 2 temps?

put the temp on my corsair nexus LCD screen

its giving me 2 temps, so on zero load its 51c and 42c

whats that about?

Probably one is the average temp on the sensors and the higher one is either the hotspot temp or memory junction temp. You can usually figure out which sensor or number it's using by running HWinfo and checking which sensor temp matches your screen in real time

I find my Asus formula board's lcd screen always shows cpu temp 10c lower than I expect and HWinfo helped me to figure out it's because it's showing the temp data from the ccxo sensor and not the cpu package sensor. I have no way to change which sensor it uses to display temperature data but at least HWinfo showed me which sensor it comes from

Last edited:
Associate
Are you on SU11 beta, it was only released on that. If not it'll be when SU11 releases on 11th Nov.

I would be wary opting in for the beta it's a bit clunky and some people have had to reinstall when it's gone wrong.
Asobo Studio and Microsoft are bringing NVIDIA DLSS 3 to the game on October 17th

yesterday?

also what do u mean by SU11 beta?> is that somting in the game or needs downloading seperate?

Back
Top Bottom