• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
@Gibbo Any reason why this year we cant do a pre order? Last year it was possible, i think was better than now..., i was aware about number in que without having to worry about if was having or not...
i do belive many members here would do the same choice too
They don’t want to be locked in at a certain price.

If you pre order at £1999 and then they want to sell for £2499 then they have to honour your pre order price of £1999.

Associate
We don't want customers waiting months and the pounds outlook is weak so we don't want to be shipping product at a loss. Nowhere is taking pre-orders and for good reason!
Fair enough, i was looking more for the point of view of getting order done and not worrying about having to chase it

Associate
Thoughts on this score?

looks about right for a stock setup i would say ... why is your ram speed set so low ? Have a chat with @LtMatt and may be able to help squeeze a bit more out your cpu :D

We have a Timespy Extreme score board on here which you can compare against :)

Associate
Got my card all set up managed to fit it into a Corsair 680x gigabyte oc edition if anyone's interested had to move the front fans to the bottom of the case. Possibly could get some slim fans back in the front not sure yet.

Card runs beautifully temps are great.

Rdr2 ac Valhalla tarkov bunch of **** all running great at 1440p ultrawide.

Paired it with a 10700k and its not hindering it's performance a great deal.

Associate

Another one seeing the same thing but he updated from a 3090ti to 4090, no difference on a monitor but VR gets a good boost. :cry:

Also watch for the tearing in VR (the side window area tearing like crazy every time he moves the view) and 3090ti beats the 4090 with DLSS on with a monitor..:eek:

So I wasn't going crazy when I tested 3090 vs 4090 on a 7950x. :(

He doesn't say which DLSS he's using for the 4090, but with DLSS3 the MSFS performance monitor only shows the actual rendered frames and doesn't take into account the generated ones. If he repeated it with an external FPS overlay the 4090 would probably be double.

Soldato
3dmark have a new DLSS test available. Unfortunately it needs Windows to have the 'hardware GPU acceleration' setting enabled and I have to have that disabled because otherwise Task Manager reports 100% GPU usage (see upthread).

Soldato
He doesn't say which DLSS he's using for the 4090, but with DLSS3 the MSFS performance monitor only shows the actual rendered frames and doesn't take into account the generated ones. If he repeated it with an external FPS overlay the 4090 would probably be double.

He used DLSS 2 , DLSS 3 is frame generation and he doesn't have that update yet with the option. Also DLSS 3 needs DX12 to allow frame generation. Most people don't use dx12 on msfs as its broken and adds other problems due to it being a beta still. Real msfs simmers don't turn dx12 on because it breaks addons and other issues.

Associate
I just got an invite to buy a founders card! I already have a 4090 aorus though just my luck...Would have appreciated the founders edition invite prior to the release! lol

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I just got an invite to buy a founders card! I already have a 4090 aorus though with a busted LCD that I will probably need to RMA... Just my luck...Would have appreciated the founders edition invite prior to the release! lol
If the invite is going begging…

Soldato
Got my card all set up managed to fit it into a Corsair 680x gigabyte oc edition if anyone's interested had to move the front fans to the bottom of the case. Possibly could get some slim fans back in the front not sure yet.

Card runs beautifully temps are great.

Rdr2 ac Valhalla tarkov bunch of **** all running great at 1440p ultrawide.

Paired it with a 10700k and its not hindering it's performance a great deal.
The 3090 would do that too lol

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Another one seeing the same thing but he updated from a 3090ti to 4090, no difference on a monitor but VR gets a good boost. :cry:

Its too early to see benefits but the outlay is not worth rushing into IMO. If I do change this gen it might be late into the cycle or even a refresh but very price dependant. I mean people got a ribbing for spending on Ampere, this gen its higher basing off FE pricing and the lower the stack down the worse it gets. I think upgrading every other gen is best leaps but all depends on what you can do to supplement the purchase, last time it didnt matter thanks to crypto.

Back
Top Bottom