• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Associate
I ordered a 3x8pin - 12 pin 600W cable for a HX1200 from Cablemod and they are back ordered by a fair margin, it says shipping on the 7th November, however I also ordered another one from ModDIY (went with a 2x8 pin - 12 pin 600w), ordered it 2 days ago and shipped it yesterday with tracking (it comes from Hong Kong). The ModDIY site I've noticed also has more options (including cable material type) and different cable lengths (which is what I really wanted) and cost me in total, £2 more than the Cablemod one.

Caporegime
I ordered a 3x8pin - 12 pin 600W cable for a HX1200 from Cablemod and they are back ordered by a fair margin, it says shipping on the 7th November, however I also ordered another one from ModDIY (went with a 2x8 pin - 12 pin 600w), ordered it 2 days ago and shipped it yesterday with tracking (it comes from Hong Kong). The ModDIY site I've noticed also has more options (including cable material type) and different cable lengths (which is what I really wanted) and cost me in total, £2 more than the Cablemod one.
What length did you order?

Also just out of interest why did you not order a Corsair one directly from Corsairs website? They do sell them. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-Supplies/12-pin-GPU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920274

Last edited:
Associate
What length did you order?

Also just out of interest why did you not order a Corsair one directly from Corsairs website? They do sell them. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/12-pin-GPU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920274

That one isn't rated to 600w, I actually have one of those but that was for the Founders 3080 and 3090, the 600w for the 3090ti (and now 4090) was out of stock. I ordered a 40cm cable but I'm starting to think now I should have ordered a 50cm :rolleyes:. (I have a Fractal Define 7 XL and current cable doesn't touch the side glass panel). Edit: Actually just checked it just touches it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That one isn't rated to 600w, I actually have one of those but that was for the Founders 3080 and 3090, the 600w for the 3090ti (and now 4090) was out of stock. I ordered a 40cm cable but I'm starting to think now I should have ordered a 50cm :rolleyes:. (I have a Fractal Define 7 XL and current cable doesn't touch the side glass panel). Edit: Actually just checked it just touches it.
Ahh I see. Yes I was also wondering over length, guessing 50-60cm should be enough to be safe in larger cases like the Phanteks P600S.

Associate
I find it hard to believe AMDs last gen had the 12 pin and they didn't plan on using it this gen.
RX 6xxx series used the standard 6+2 pin PCIe power connectors - AMD has yet to use the 12-pin.

AMD-Radeon-RX-6900-XT-Outdoor-Shot-680x382.jpg

Soldato
Will be ordering a cablemod 4090 4pin for my 3090ti as I can use it with 3pins and ill be set for further upgrades, just waiting on them getting the 90 degree adapters in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom