• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

That Gainward is a very nice looking card , looks very sleek and reminds me of the evga prototype a little bit . One of the better looking aib cards for sure :)

Look again, its 2.

Oh damn.

Still, I wonder what the cost would be in dollars (no VAT?) and if I would have access to the warranty from over here. I don't know if they are sold in the US. I seldom see the name. Part of me likes the idea of an uncommon card, (Uncommon in the US) but I fear that could bite me if I need warranty.

Last edited:
If anyone doesnt know, Gainward is owned by Palit.
Also why have they written all this crap on the backplate. looks awful.

Who buys a 13900k or a 7950x to game at 720p or even 1080p? I get that the 13900x is quicker but honestly those are completely useless.
Correct me please if im wrong.
Using DLSS or AMDs equivalent, reduces resolution even down to 720p and upscales. So by using DLSS at 4k with ultra performance mode or performance mode you are effectively running at 720p or 1080p resolutions which make the CPUs play a larger part no?

Correct me please if im wrong.
Using DLSS or AMDs equivalent, reduces resolution even down to 720p and upscales. So by using DLSS at 4k with ultra performance mode or performance mode you are effectively running at 720p or 1080p resolutions which make the CPUs play a larger part no?
Who pairs a 13900K or 7950X with a card that uses DLSS/FSR at it's lowest quality?

Cyberpunk 2077 needs DLSS at ultra/psycho 4K or enjoy that 30 to 40fps or so, Spiderman with RT needs DLSS for a high frame rate as well not to mention A Plague Tale Requiem and that's before they may add RT on top one day.
Spider-Man runs easily at 4K max settings on the 4090 without nerfing IQ by using DLSS can’t fathom why you’d use it personally. Don’t like or play CP though so can’t comment there.

Last edited:
Yeah a plagues tale needed dlss. I think I put it on balanced and it usually hovered at or not far below 144fps. CP I can't get anywhere near 144 with half decent settings

Will you be mounting the card away from the motherboard with a pcie ribbon cable?
I looked at the active backplate version and don’t think it would fit in the top slot due to clearance so ordered the regular version.
Just had a measure up and its going to be extremely tight , if it does fit it may be touching the bottom of the ram holder or alternatively if it doesn't out comes the dremel as 1mm may need to come off the bottom of the holder :cry: EK state you need 15mm of clearance from the centre of the pci slot but measuring with the card in the slot and a 15mm template puts me 1 mm into the bottom of the ram holder so from the actual centre of the slot i should just about be ok .... only one way to find out :D

Just had a measure up and its going to be extremely tight , if it does fit it may be touching the bottom of the ram holder or alternatively if it doesn't out comes the dremel as 1mm may need to come off the bottom of the holder :cry: EK state you need 15mm of clearance from the centre of the pci slot but measuring with the card in the slot and a 15mm template puts me 1 mm into the bottom of the ram holder so from the actual centre of the slot i should just about be ok .... only one way to find out :D

Sounds like it may just fit then!

Looking forward to us all getting our blocks, hopefully by the end of the month!

Back
Top Bottom