• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

That's a great idea but I haven't got a clue who to ask. Any suggestions? I'm curious as my 2080 Super is always maxed out and not only am I going to get a 4090FE but also am considering a move to a 49inch samsung UW, hopefully the one announced at CES.

34" UW QD-OLED. I would have preferred 4K but at the time there were no UW OLED options and anything else is gross.

Should be more options over the next year or so.

Edit: by gross I mean IPS/VA etc.

Last edited:
Putting power down to 75% can in some instances shave off around 100 watts with perf only going down around 5% so not too bad, That's only on a minimal amount of testing on my part though.

This is what I intend to do, maybe 80% at the most. From everything I’ve read it makes barely any performance difference but the power saving is substantial. The 4090 is really efficient at that 70-80% sweet spot.

MSI Afterburner, Just slide the power limit down to 75% :)

I could likely tweak more with undervolting mixed with power limiting too but that's for a quiet Sunday :D

Ah yes was messing with that earlier but going the other way :D I am more than happy with the performance (especially at my res) not sure why I was fiddling.

A lot of people talk about what a pc offers but other than people using pcs professionally for heavy workloads, I'd say the majority just browse and shop on their phone and then do nothing but play games on their pc.

It's a benefit to have some consoles alongside a pc.
It benefits if you want to play some exclusives from the console, other than that, not really. And for sure not having ALL of them.
Not to mention that Surround/Eyefinity doesn't exist on consoles, you can't fine tune your experience if performance isn't enough and you can't upgrade to get better performance. Not to mention about mods and other stuff. So, like I've mentioned, to me are meaningless - other than dumbing down or downgrade some games before release, plus holding back the gaming as a whole. There, I've said it. :p

Yes, a console has its place, but buying all them for the price of a high end card is not really a valid comparison.

Make a new thread in the GPU section called "4090 Owner Monitor Thread".

Will get some good posts and setup pics :)

I'm going to start GTAV for the first time in a few days, Since it launched on PC in 2015 ? I've only ever used it for its built in benchmark :D
Will create the thread in the morning, should be an interesting one for sure.

It's not often you get real wow moments these days. I've had one tonight.

Maxed out settings in a thunderstorm. Not sure how it's doing it, but never dropped from 90fps. It was sat at 95% load pretty much the entire time, but what an experience!

8MYlepA.jpg

May have been posted already, but for those with the Zotac 4090 there is a vbios update to correct the no display on power up (similar to the FE issue).

Link

Works on all models of the Zotac 4090 range.

Note: the update process restarts your PC twice (prob for each vbios on the card), so let it do its thing.

Ran it on my Airo card without issue and gpu-z indicates the vbios version has been changed from 95.02.18.00.6F to 95.02.18.80.B8 (all other values remained the same).

Thinking of going all in and picking up a 4090, is there any real difference between the AIB models if your just gaming and not super interested in overclocking/pushing scores ? If not I guess I'd just look for coolest and quietest model

As an added little list in the opening post after you explain what it's for maybe have a section, As an example -

4090 Monitor Owner List
  • Sanjiv - Asus Swift
And update it each time someone adds their monitor, Could be a fun thread :)
Good idea, @Kaapstad do you have any suggestions as I don’t want to break any rules. Ta.

Has anyone bothered to power limit these or just leave at default?
I have my TUF 4090 at +110 on the core, +1250 on the memory and 80% power limit in afterburner.

I can get most games and various benchmarks to run at +190 or a bit higher on the core but if any crash (particularly F1 22) then I guess it isn't stable.

Perhaps not the best clocking gpu out there.

Get about 2940Mhz on the core and usually sits around there or just under in games with the power limit.

Get better than stock performance in games with those settings and shaves of around 100W maximum (but games don't usually hit that) and runs a few degrees cooler.

Just helps it using more power for little reason.

Back
Top Bottom