• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
haha have you seen for the last three months. record losses at nvidia and amd. price cuts incoming. nvidia down 6 billion from last year. in before the 4 series cards are selling well. :cry:
Nvidia had a great time during the pandemic years but the extraordinary demand and constrained supply wasn’t going to last forever to put that in context.

Caporegime
HEY YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :D

I AM NOT CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :o

Today I got my replacement Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC shipped to me super fast and well what do you know... temps are WAY FREAKING BETTER! :eek::eek::eek:

My results in my 22.5c room running at 100% load (TWW3 battle benchmark fully maxed out) are:

-------------------------------------

Old card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mv: :(
  • 100% load temp - 78c (fan at 89%)
  • Idle temp - 52c (fan at 60%)

New card OC BIOS @ Stock: :)
  • 100% load temp - 65c (fan at 79%)
  • Idle temp: 52c (fan was 0% then kicks in to 60% at this temp and quickly lowers)

New card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mv: :D
  • 100% load temp - 61c
  • Idle temp: 51c (fan was 0% then kicks in to 60% at this temp and quickly lowers)

New card OC BIOS with undervolt (above) and custom fan profile: :D:D
  • 100% load temp - 66c (fan at 68%)
  • Idle temp - 41c (fan always on 45%)

What is apparent is that the card running far cooler as it clearly has better thermal contact with the cooling system and also dumps heat and cools from load to idle very quickly compared to the old card.

To say I am happy is an understatement and I am very relieved that my store shipped a new one out to me immediately as they had excess stock... although for this price you do kind of expect that level of service. A week later and maybe the stock situation would have been worse and I wouldn't have got a replacement.

Now to get back to enjoying my gaming... :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm planning on an upgrade from my amd 5800x and the 3070 setup, thinking of a 4090 because I do a lot of flight VR stuff and I run triple 1440p monitors for sim racing.

I have a Corsair RM 850w and I think by all acounts with the research its enough for a 4090. Will probably undervolt it a bit as well.
My main concern is the age, circa 2015 I bought it.

I have ran it since day one on eco mode mind so hopefully has given it some extra life.

Associate

Today I got my replacement Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC shipped to me super fast and well what do you know... temps are WAY FREAKING BETTER! :eek::eek::eek:

My results in my 22.5c room running at 100% load (TWW3 battle benchmark fully maxed out) are:

Old card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mah: :(

• Idle temp: 52c (fan was 0% then kicks in to 60% at this temp and quickly lowers)

New card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mah: :D
  • 100% load temp - 61c
  • Idle temp: 51c (fan was 0% then kicks in to 60% at this temp and quickly lowers)

What is apparent is that the card running far cooler as it clearly has better thermal contact with the cooling system and also dumps heat and cools from load to idle very quickly compared to the old card.

To say I am happy is an understatement and I am very relieved that my store shipped a new one out to me immediately as they had excess stock... although for this price you do kind of expect that level of service. A week later and maybe the stock situation would have been worse and I wouldn't have got a replacement.

1000mah..? is that 1000mv..?

Last edited:
Soldato

Old card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mah: :(

New card OC BIOS with undervolt to 2700mhz / 1000mah: :D
  • 100% load temp - 61c

You card runs on 1000mAh??

Associate
I'm guessing these are the same chips that were heading for the laptops as they normally use less components too, so they stopped production of the old chips for these and sticking them in the desktop gpus now to save a buck but as we know prices won't come down with even these reductions being done as it will be used as another way to make profit and the general public that buy gpus will never know it was done anyways and another game from nvidia and naming, these should be then named something else to make it clear on the packaging and the graphics card.
Not related to laptop chips, it's just a small tweak which until now needed an external voltage monitoring (I think) chip on the PCB, but now they've either added it to the main chip or perhaps more likely, fixed the on chip sufficiently to not need an external chip anymore.

Soldato
Not related to laptop chips, it's just a small tweak which until now needed an external voltage monitoring (I think) chip on the PCB, but now they've either added it to the main chip or perhaps more likely, fixed the on chip sufficiently to not need an external chip anymore.

Yes it seems like it was also a bunch of bug fixes like the fan control speed bug and other things igors labs was saying too.

Back
Top Bottom