• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I went 3080 to a 4080. Don’t regret it for a second.

I went from a 3080Ti to a 4090 and don't regret it either. However, I don't kid myself that the 4090 is a good value. It does a specific job for me, and I was too impatient to wait until this level of performance was available at a price that made it a good value. During the Covid shortages, I decided that I wanted to always have two systems on hand. If Nvidia offed compelling value, I would have upgraded *two* PC's (and recommended upgrades to friends that seek my advice on upgrades too).

The value isn't there this time though, so Nvidia gets one sale from me and misses out on 3-5 more additional sales they could have had.

Maybe there will be a refresh and something with the value of a 2070 Super/3080 will be on offer.

For now, I'm one and done.

Last edited:
Im just about to buy rx6700xt but im wondering if i should just wait for the 4060ti, I just started playing Elden ring want to get a comfortable 60fps at 1440p but after that im going to try RDR2 and cyberpunk.

Id love to get 100fps at 1440p with those games but I fear it will cost £900 for a gpu

Im just about to buy rx6700xt but im wondering if i should just wait for the 4060ti, I just started playing Elden ring want to get a comfortable 60fps at 1440p but after that im going to try RDR2 and cyberpunk.

Id love to get 100fps at 1440p with those games but I fear it will cost £900 for a gpu

It's already out, it's called the 4070ti.

:D

No!

It's not really a surprise is it. Also suggests stocks are very healthy if so much can be sold without selling out.

Morons everywhere

What in the list should they have bought instead?

2023wk3:
Fn-Au-Wv-WXEAAZKFK-format-png-name-small.png

Last edited:
Happy with the performance difference, not really bothered about the price difference. The 4080 has allowed me to get stuck into Cyberpunk, ultra RT 1440p at a decent framerate - so yeah I’m pleased.

It's easy for people who aren't spending a dollar to go round criticising someone who has spent their own money.

Also difficult for people to fathom that performance isn't linear. Something going from unacceptable to playable, isn't just a x% performance increase.

Last edited:
If buying the best value product makes you a moron, where do i sign up?

Best value product? Jesus christ, your head really is in the clouds...So nvidia cut the price slightly, rename it and suddenly its good value? Its a **** take of a card at best. It also got universally **** on in reviews, but hey ho its the "best value" apparently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom