• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Man of Honour
£ to $ Exchange rate has dropped since the Pascal Titan launch.

NVidia have left the Pascal Titan asking price the same since launch day.

When the 1080 Ti does show up NVidia are likely to price it a bit closer to the Pascal Titan due to the drop in the exchange rate and to maintain margins.

The above also means there are unlikely to be any bargain 1070s or 1080s.

Soldato
£ to $ Exchange rate has dropped since the Pascal Titan launch.

NVidia have left the Pascal Titan asking price the same since launch day.

When the 1080 Ti does show up NVidia are likely to price it a bit closer to the Pascal Titan due to the drop in the exchange rate and to maintain margins.

The above also means there are unlikely to be any bargain 1070s or 1080s.

With only half performance between 1080 and Pascal Titan. I just don't see the appeal of 1080Ti. The price will be laughable at launch. I'll be waiting for 11 series. Not struggling at all atm

Man of Honour
With only half performance between 1080 and Pascal Titan. I just don't see the appeal of 1080Ti. The price will be laughable at launch. I'll be waiting for 11 series. Not struggling at all atm

Worse still you will need waterblocks to get the best out of the card or one of the better AIB partner cards which will be even more expense.

The GP102 chip is very different to the GP104 one as the former really does benefit from good cooling.

Caporegime
Not going to happen. As long as the sheep going to pay £800+ for the 1080Ti, NV ain't going to lower the prices.

I do wish people would stop saying things like "Sheep". At the end of the day, it is down to the buyer who justifies it and so what? They certainly are not sheep, as I bet more buy a 1060/480 than a 1080Ti or even a 1080.

Associate
I do wish people would stop saying things like "Sheep". At the end of the day, it is down to the buyer who justifies it and so what? They certainly are not sheep, as I bet more buy a 1060/480 than a 1080Ti or even a 1080.

Report him and move on. once a few bans are in place people learn to mind what they're saying. Tough love works better apparently :)

Soldato
Interesting to see if the Ti will go the same way as the Titan, Nvidia only sale ... Heck I would, more profit yet keep 1080 competitive between 3rd parties and make them take the margin hit

Caporegime
Report him and move on. once a few bans are in place people learn to mind what they're saying. Tough love works better apparently :)

Nah, I manned up long ago :D

Interesting to see if the Ti will go the same way as the Titan, Nvidia only sale ... Heck I would, more profit yet keep 1080 competitive between 3rd parties and make them take the margin hit

That would be a no sale from me. I have no interest in watercooling again (or at least for the forseeable future) and I have no interest in a noisy cooler.

Man of Honour

The Titan has always been a reference cooler card so it is easy for NVidia to sell them direct.

With the Ti it is a different game where people expect a choice of quality AIB coolers.

Most people with Titans are going to use watercooling so starting with a reference cooler is no big deal. With the Ti most users will stay on air so being stuck with the reference cooler could be a sales disaster for NVidia.

Soldato

People do need to start voting with their wallets though, Cards are becoming stupidly expensive for what they are, If sales dropped off Nvidia would have to lower prices.

Back
Top Bottom