• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Remind me again ? :p

OK, I'll bite (just this once, mind ;) ).

Increments of the same thing, refreshed and updated with refinements but essentially the same as before should not result in escalating prices.

Giving examples of components that cost a fortune when they first came to market does not justify a component that has escalated in price with a minor incremental step.

Just like this.

Increments of the same thing, refreshed and updated with refinements but essentially the same as before should not result in escalating prices.

Giving examples of components that cost a fortune when they first came to market does not justify a component that has escalated in price with a minor incremental step.

Just like this.

A Cpu from 2008 with a GTX 1080 plays the same with a 2015 chip

Now play the same game with the same CPU and a GFX card from 2008 and 2015

It will not play the same.

Its called performance per watt...

This is like, an equation or something?

Or did you just see that both the examples I posted have the same TDP, so you decided to attribute the price increase to that instead of the new technology analogy you've been pushing previously?

Your justification seems to be in some sort of metamorphosis. :p

Nvidia have increased the price from 9 series to 10 series because they can, because they have no competitor. It's driven by capitalism not innovation.

Nvidia have increased the price from 9 series to 10 series because they can, because they have no competitor. It's driven by capitalism not innovation.
Until capitalism ends, and it probably will do one day, at least capitalism how we know it, that's the way it will always be. If AMD were in the same position their products would be as expensive too. You sell to optimise profits.

As well as improved performance the efficiency of the products from the last two gens have been very good. I very much doubt AMD will compete on both counts but we'll see

Last edited:
This is like, an equation or something?

Or did you just see that both the examples I posted have the same TDP, so you decided to attribute the price increase to that instead of the new technology analogy you've been pushing previously?

Your justification seems to be in some sort of metamorphosis. :p

Yes They have the same TDP But Titan X Pascal is 60% faster.

Its called performance per watt.

Just like this.

Agreed, it's widely accepted by most that Pascal bumped prices at every tier. The websites and Youtubers have all commeneted on this. Some of the comments found on this type of forum, is the Nvidia defense force in action. Best to just ignore it.

Nvidia's latest prices have gone up massivley. Titan X, £1200. GTX 1080, that's the X80 not Ti replacement £600. Yup insane prices to be sure.

I hope it settles down. Although I'm not too bothered, I will just stick with a lower down tier.

Yes They have the same TDP But Titan X Pascal is 60% faster.

Its called performance per watt.

This equation, it's : Price = Performance / Watt

OK... for Titan (P) the Watt measurement is 250, and the price measurement is 1200.

1200 = P / 250
Therefore:
Performance = 1200 * 250 = 300,000

Titan X (M)

999 = P / 250
Therefore:
Performance = 999 * 250 = 249,750

So, the increase in performance per watt between the 2 cards is 300000-249750 = 50250. And the performance increase percentage is (50250/249750)*100 = I'll give you a clue, it's not 60. ;)

Your sums don't add up, do they?
Admit it, you're just making this up as you go along, aren't you. :)

This equation, it's : Price = Performance / Watt

OK... for Titan (P) the Watt measurement is 250, and the price measurement is 1200.

1200 = P / 250
Therefore:
Performance = 1200 * 250 = 300,000

Titan X (M)

999 = P / 250
Therefore:
Performance = 999 * 250 = 249,750

So, the increase in performance per watt between the 2 cards is 300000-249750 = 50250. And the performance increase percentage is (50250/249750)*100 = I'll give you a clue, it's not 60. ;)

Your sums don't add up, do they?
Admit it, you're just making this up as you go along, aren't you. :)

I have no idea what you just posted. :D

Its still performance per watt...

I'm not poor so don't really care...And I will never buy a Titan:p

And not any of this is related to 1080 Ti personally unless this is the best kept secret as other than a shipping manifest there's nothing been said about the Ti I don't see it being launched this month

Just how many would fit in a 40ft shipping container though ! Would expect it to be not many shipping containers to supply initial demand.

How many 1080's and Titan P have been sold since launch in the UK ?

Back
Top Bottom