• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
OP
I like how they haven't speculated a release price for the TITAN X :p

Looks to be an absolute beast though if true.

Ha yeah, Spec is awesome. 96 ROPS, 176 TMU's, 3mb Cache, 8GB Vram. This is going to be a monster, will skip the Ti and wait for the X. Hope it doesn't come out for a while though, my wallet needs time to recuperate, plus Xmas soon :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Possible GTX 980 Ti and Titan X Spec.

vD543Uj.png

2s6l4M2.png

lXVfBwB.png

Can't see anything wrong with that.

GK210 would be about 560mm^2, so a big die again. the 980TI should be about 25% faster, and the Titan-X about 35% faster than the GTX 980.

The only thing i would question is "384Bit - 8GB" thats an odd bus width with even Memory.

I would not count it out as they did this on the GTX 660 with some Memory splicing. (192Bit - 2GB)

Soldato
OP
Can't see anything wrong with that.

GK210 would be about 560mm^2, so a big die again. the 980TI should be about 25% faster, and the Titan-X about 35% faster than the GTX 980.

The only thing i would question is "384Bit - 8GB" thats an odd bus width with even Memory.

I would not count it out as they did this on the GTX 660 with some Memory splicing. (192Bit - 2GB)

Yeah I imagine they would rather do that than have to add 12GB. Or maybe they will just be 6GB?

I want to see what AMD are planning as well, HBM could be a game changer imho, not only way more bandwidth, but big power reduction as well. Would be great for AMD if they can get HBM out next year, way before Nvidia's Pascal.

Although it's nice to see what's coming I'm hoping nothing is released to soon. Need to save my coin now after buying X99 and 980 lol.

Caporegime
Yeah I imagine they would rather do that than have to add 12GB. Or maybe they will just be 6GB?

I want to see what AMD are planning as well, HBM could be a game changer imho, not only way more bandwidth, but big power reduction as well. Would be great for AMD if they can get HBM out next year, way before Nvidia's Pascal.

Although it's nice to see what's coming I'm hoping nothing is released to soon. Need to save my coin now after buying X99 and 980 lol.

I'm looking at replacing my 290 mid to late next year. AMD or Nvidia, who ever offers me the most for my coin.

Until then i'm happy with what i have :)

Soldato
OP
I'm looking at replacing my 290 mid to late next year. AMD or Nvidia, who ever offers me the most for my coin.

Until then i'm happy with what i have :)

That's the sensible thing to do, best time to upgrade will be when a die shrink happens. Should see a nice jump in performance and less power use. Try and keep clear of the milking between now and then..

I fell at the very first hurdle with the 980 :D Just hoping I don't fall at the next hurdle as well 980 ti and 390X :p

Happy with the 980 want to hold out for a 20nm monster from AMD or Nvidia. I think the only thing that could make me want to upgrade again would be the Witcher 3, I must run that game maxed out @ 1440P. Might need another 980 lol.

Soldato
If the 980Ti's follow the same trend as the 980's surely I will be able to use my 780 EK Titan block? This could be a nice selling point for those of us on 780/780Ti water setups :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
2n_X7_EFe.gif

Associate

I hope no one was serious when photoshopping this.

I mean it's easy to make good shops with believable specs so I'd have to assume that someone was just joking.

What's the source anyway?

Also it might be a bit off topic, however here's some interesting stuff from some analysts:

Depends on whether you want to trust analysts (though this one is also listed on AMD's site under analysts) :

McConnell and Chung said AMD's next high-end graphics processing unit launch has been delayed until the second half of 2015.
http://news.investors.com/technology/110314-724638-nvidia-graphics-cards-ahead-of-competition.htm

Which would be a problem because:

In terms of quantifying high-end share gains and magnitude, our supply-chain conversations indicate that NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 980/970 has comprised over 80% of high-end card shipments to channel partners since mid-September.
http://blogs.barrons.com/techtrader...re-from-amd-in-gpu/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo

(that's compared to apparently the ~66% that NV's share used to be there in the past quarters)

So apparently the current maxwell cards really are selling extremely well. Much higher percentage of high end GPU sales than kepler was a few months back.

Now the question remains then, when will we actually see GM200? GK110 was revealed during GTC 2012. Next year's GTC is on March 17th 2015. So if GM200 hasn't appeared before then, it's a pretty good bet for the launch. Of course GTC focuses on professional parts but still. GM200 pro cards = GTX cards made from leakier dies.

Caporegime
We had the 780 release in may didn't we? I suspect perhaps a similar release next year, with perhaps a "titan" card in the first quarter.

Soldato
Why the hell are these pleb cards selling so well? They don't perform any better ffs. Just goes to show how brainwashed people are, "just buy the latest nvidya" hurp durp.

Back
Top Bottom