• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Hi all, thanks for understand and your kind words! I'll try to cover everything below as I've had loads of questions come through at once. Sorry if this is not good formatting but just means I didn't miss anything hopefully.

Hi, how many gpu's for each model can we reasonably expect to see in say the next two weeks? I'm at position 139 for a TUF OC currently.
I would like to say yes, but we provide the cards and forecasts to OCUK and they would need to confirm.

second any ideas on rough numbers and dates? / are you able to provide any numbers of specific cards heading here?
We are bringing in hundreds in every GPU segment every week, but backorders are large so its tough to confirm dates. We are giving dealers notice on incoming shipments to let them plan ahead and be aware before stock lands.

I think one of the questions we would like answered is what exactly is the cause of the low production quantities?
As Nvidia has stated the demand has been much higher than anticipated. Nvidia and ASUS want to fulfill orders as soon as possible so are working hard to resolve.

I think the answers most people are looking for are timescales, as in what are they? Some more on the way could be a vague as they're leaving the manufacturing plant and still be weeks/months away from the reseller.
We're bringing in hundreds of cards and working to give notice, and stock is landing every week now on almost every GPU.

Polite request but could you please check @Gibbo definition on sizes of deliveries in his thread and work to those by any chance. It appears that you stated that a "very large" delivery was received into OC last week yet they only shipped 35 cards to customers in that queue and that is causing more questions/frustrations than answers...As always your help is appreciated!!! Very large is 100+ by his estimation 35 is "ok" by his estimation.
Thank you and agreed, sorry still catching up.

If possible to get dates and figures for these incoming cards you'll likely save a lot of posts being generated and headache for those waiting as well as yourself!
Because I'm unable to comment on backorders and fulfillment through the supply chain, I could actually get this wrong. And my biggest concern would be setting your expectations and getting it wrong. So I'd rather OCUK provide the information, but I'll check with Gibbo around this.

I am only around 58th in the queue. I assume the next shipment (which will be the first one since launch) will be big enough so I get my card? Is there any indication when the shipment will be, in November?
Finally please clarify the current RMA arrangement ASUS has with OcUK in as much detail as you can. Thank you.

I'd be optimistic this will be fulfilled soon, but at the moment OCUK will confirm with you.

Around the warranty we offer 3 years, and the procedure and terms are set by OCUK, so I'd refer to them for guidance.

in your vague beermat estimate, what sort of timeframe would you guess before ASUS can supply OCUK with 200-odd Non-OC TUFs?
I'll try to get more feedback on this specific card as orders are high, we are talking weeks but I'll try and get a better update.
Have you thought of a career as a politician? You managed to avoid answering any of those questions. Poor poor customer service.

"As Nvidia has stated the demand has been much higher than anticipated. Nvidia and ASUS want to fulfill orders as soon as possible so are working hard to resolve."

Makes you wonder just how low the demand Nvidia expected was, because at the time of launch there was hardly any stock, and there wasn't much following on either. Some lines have never been supplied months after the launch, so is it the case that Nvidia didn't think they would sell any of these?
Maybe the demand has been higher than anticipated, but that still doesn't explain why the supply is far lower than Nvidia could possibly have anticipated market demand would be, unless of course they thought they'd hardly sell any!

"As Nvidia has stated the demand has been much higher than anticipated. Nvidia and ASUS want to fulfill orders as soon as possible so are working hard to resolve."

Makes you wonder just how low the demand Nvidia expected was, because at the time of launch there was hardly any stock, and there wasn't much following on either. Some lines have never been supplied months after the launch, so is it the case that Nvidia didn't think they would sell any of these?
Maybe the demand has been higher than anticipated, but that still doesn't explain why the supply is far lower than Nvidia could possibly have anticipated market demand would be, unless of course they thought they'd hardly sell any!

Maybe they had leaks from AMD that were so exaggerated that they were afraid they would be outperformed by a mile and no one will buy 3080's, so the only logical business decision they could take is to produce 500 cards max :p

I think Nvidia had to rush the launch so they could have something in the market before the PS5 and Series X pre-orders went live. PS5 pre-orders went live on 17th Sep, Series X on 22nd Sep. At that moment Nvidia's main competitors were the consoles, that's why they could not come back with the prices they had in their 2000 series, that's why they had to go with power-hungry chips and overengineered cooling solutions.

Sorry been losing too much sleep. To clarify my half reply we are producing TUF non OC cards as well

There was a statement made on another forum that Asus UK confirmed "categorically" that the non-OC model would retail at £689.99... does this statement still stand?

Also, congrats on the new family addition :D

There was a statement made on another forum that Asus UK confirmed "categorically" that the non-OC model would retail at £689.99... does this statement still stand?

The only thing ASUS can say is that the MSRP/RRP is £689.99 they cannot legally force retailers to stick to that in either direction.

This is a myth

I really can't find a better way to phrase it, but: do you realise that not a single TUF non-OC card has been received by OCuk since launch day? We can't believe your words when they clash with reality. You're either lying or you've been lied to by whoever you report to. Or do you have a better explanation? Because if you do, it's better if you speak immediately: right now both you as a representative and ASUS as a company are not looking good.

The only thing ASUS can say is that the MSRP/RRP is £689.99 they cannot legally force retailers to stick to that in either direction.

No matter what, OC will increase the price because they are once of the biggest scalpers. The big competitors have not increased the price cz they are not greeeeeedy

Yeah something doesn't add up. A company with a market cap of $334bn dollars and they probably haven't got anywhere near selling 50k units of new Turing cards in Europe (maximum £50m worth of stock?).

Still love this thread, people crying banging their feet on the floor for a GRAPHIC CARD.

Of course Nvidia treat customers like they are garbage, people give them a chance to... just wait until cards are there without the "Pre-Order" as you are not really "Pre-ordering" anything is like a lottery more than a preorder as no one know when these will be out "FOR REAL", they are just selling what they can to make the end of year look better as we would all do in our business, anyone doing forecast on revenue would know.

If it is three months? Good buy it in three months, anyway knowing Ngreedia they will release another 2 models by then... also AMD will probably be in the same boat as they need to prioritize consoles as they know those will sell better as it is a way better value proposition than being robbed for a single piece of hardware on PC as unfortunately is the trend.

OC UK is a store and cannot blame them when you look like zombies, they are a business, if there is a door to knock is little leather jacket man, he has no consoles market to feed...

Nothing of what you said excuses OCuk for:
1- "forgetting" to give updates when they receive cards - updates that OCuk promised, if they can't be consistent with their own schedule they shouldn't have made a promise
2- skipping people in queue and delivering the cards to people further down the queues
3- changing the price of the card DURING the purchase process
4- lying about the EVGA policies
5- giving a delivery date during the purchase process and then transforming it into a preorder only after the payment is processed
6- not warning people about the potential size of the queue before luring them into a preorder
7- and the dozens of other valid complaints that have been made since launch day and that you would know well if you had really been following this thread. But you haven't.
And trust me, defending OCuk won't land you a discount on your next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom