• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
genuine question, do Asus not require copy of original invoice any longer? I know they did when I last bothered to register something.
I was looking at buyiing a motherboard on ebay early last year. The motherboard was advertised as faulty, i got the serial number from the seller and explained to Asus, they said that i could do a warranty repair no problem even buying second hand from ebay as the item was still in its warranty period

Associate
Hi all, I'm currently position 52 in the 3080 Strix OC queue. The question is, am I likely to receive this card this year as the 3080TI has just launched? or is this a 'how long is a piece of string' type of question. Again I appreciate all the work ScottiB and Gibbo are doing to help source cards :)

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Hi all, I'm currently position 52 in the 3080 Strix OC queue. The question is, am I likely to receive this card this year as the 3080TI has just launched? or is this a 'how long is a piece of string' type of question. Again I appreciate all the work ScottiB and Gibbo are doing to help source cards :)
It's kinda like a how long is a piece of string question when you can only see one end of the string and the other end appears to be being pulled away from you

Associate
It's kinda like a how long is a piece of string question when you can only see one end of the string and the other end appears to be being pulled away from you
I'll keep waiting in the queue just in case they suddenly drop 100+ Strix OC's :D thanks again ScottiB

Associate
Moving into the realms of quantum theory! - many thanks Ocuk 5900x received and installed today it's a beast:p

Last edited:
Associate
This and now factor in that the 3080 production will no doubt get somewhat split between 3080 and 3080Ti, the numbers could be even smaller, though technically I believe the 3080Ti's are 3090's with half the ram and a cluster cut off but still the board partners will always focus on more profitable SKU's, but saying that right now they probably make more money on 3080 considering how massively all the AIB's pumped the 3080 pricing up since launch.

More like Etailers pumped the price more than AIB did.
Big high street retailers are still selling them at MSRP.

Associate
I am amazed how few 80Ti's have dropped on any retailer.

Curious to see how OcuK decide to list there stock if/when they get it.

Anybody purchased a ocUK pre-build with one in? Or those not on-sale yet either?

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB Got a quick one. What is the story with shipping to Ireland. I don't remember reading anything about it. Will there be a added tax I do not mind paying it at this stage just curious. Number 5 for the zotac trinity and would you say I can expect to get that by the end of next week ?

Soldato
@Gibbo @ScottiB Got a quick one. What is the story with shipping to Ireland. I don't remember reading anything about it. Will there be a added tax I do not mind paying it at this stage just curious. Number 5 for the zotac trinity and would you say I can expect to get that by the end of next week ?

Thinking actually calling them when its time, for a chat to be honest

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I thought that had all been dealt with by now? Thought we'd asked every affected customer to contact us.
Essentially, we have to refund the VAT and ship it without. You'll then be charged VAT plus handling when it arrives. We tried to use our VAT registration but the couriers weren't having any of it

Associate
Hi guys
just a quick question. Is my 3 year warranty for the Asus Strix starts when the card is delivered right? When you register the product it asks you for purchase date and it does not feel right to put 21st of September 2020 as i would loose 6 months of my warranty (card was delivered at the start of May ans that is the date I have used)
Can someone confirm this? Would be grateful...

Associate
Hi guys
just a quick question. Is my 3 year warranty for the Asus Strix starts when the card is delivered right? When you register the product it asks you for purchase date and it does not feel right to put 21st of September 2020 as i would loose 6 months of my warranty (card was delivered at the start of May ans that is the date I have used)
Can someone confirm this? Would be grateful...
What does your invoice say?

With MSI I believe the warranty either starts from purchase date shown on the invoice, or if no invoice provided the manufacture date. (Which would usually be long before invoice date)
In your case... perhaps it would be the other way around though.

If you do have an invoice from September, perhaps ASUS would accept a dispatch note?

Associate
Hey guys if any of u are interested there’s another big retailer selling a 3080 bundle for £1999.99: includes motherboard, ram, CPU, AIO, and GPU (3080). Not going to say the retailers name for obvious reasons. But yeah it’s in stock and seems like an alright deal, and u could sell the other parts of u don’t want it

Associate
Hey guys if any of u are interested there’s another big retailer selling a 3080 bundle for £1999.99: includes motherboard, ram, CPU, AIO, and GPU (3080). Not going to say the retailers name for obvious reasons. But yeah it’s in stock and seems like an alright deal, and u could sell the other parts of u don’t want it

For all their 'hollier-than-thou' talk, they sure do like a bundle....

So many of them with the bloody 11900k too. Clearly cant shift the things. Nice 3000mhz ram too... :cry:

Associate
our graphics card buyer offered some guidance yesterday based on worsening 3080 supply and the looming possibility of the launch models all being discontinued as Nvidia transition their board partners to limited hash rate production.

There's a growing sense that we're being railroaded down a dead end street and the pragmatic approach will be to try to jump now, whilst there are new cards launching and AMD cards available. At the very least we recommend that everybody who is waiting still, actively look for other options rather than waiting, because, there is no doubt now that at some point there will come a time where we are forced to cancel orders.

Why would we not be transitioned to the new limited hash rate cards? Their basically the same, just with limited hash rate, it would be harsh to cancel all the pre orders?

Associate
For all their 'hollier-than-thou' talk, they sure do like a bundle....

So many of them with the bloody 11900k too. Clearly cant shift the things. Nice 3000mhz ram too... :cry:
Yeah ik everything except the gpu is trash, that’s why I built my own pc. On the retailers website it says it’s a EVGA FTW3 3080 so it’s one of the nicer cards. The price at 1999.99£ is not too bad. i9-11900k is alright (I would prefer a ryzen 9 5900x) over that or even my 5800x. You could just buy the bundle tbh as it’s on stock, keep the 3080 and sell everything else in the bundle

Associate
1) don't know sorry
2) don't know sorry
3) don't know sorry - incredibly unlikely that we'll consider automatically moving customers from one part code to another due to the massive manual undertaking that this will involve, plus there's the risk that some customers won't want LHR and we are breaching consumer rights by shipping something which could (in some circles) be considered a downgrade.

Id much rather be transfered over to that ngl? Surely there should be an option to transfer to this stock?

Back
Top Bottom