• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I see you found the answer that I was about to quote.

Nothing is set in stone at this point but that's the main sticking point.

Yeah, ill be disappointed massively if we dont get transferred because its a new 'stock code'. Ive legit spent over 2K at overclockers in the past 6 months on my new build and waited so long in this que, just disappointed...

Are you not able to ask people if they want to be transfered?

Associate
What does your invoice say?

With MSI I believe the warranty either starts from purchase date shown on the invoice, or if no invoice provided the manufacture date. (Which would usually be long before invoice date)
In your case... perhaps it would be the other way around though.

If you do have an invoice from September, perhaps ASUS would accept a dispatch note?

Thanks will need to call them and ask.
Cheers

Caporegime
If we were talking about a hundred customers, yeah, but we're talking about thousands and each one is a conversation that takes time to have. We are not a big enough company to manage that many conversations. :(

Or, you start at the bottom of each chain and work your way backwards as stock allows. Given that numbers are mostly low single digits I'm sure you can manage to send that many emails/make that many calls.

Associate
Hi guys. Not been on this forum for a while, can someone update me in what’s happening with the 3080 ventus? I’m 165th in the queue and @Gibbo said we might aswell cancel???? Waited 7 months for this

Associate
Loved getting the full position updates especially as there have been no queue emails, so happy i'm not on the 'recommended to cancel' lists

only 27 aorus xtremes to go gibbo, you nabbed 10 the other week, I believe in youuuuuuuuuu

Associate
Have they just stopped making them full stop?
MSI cancelled the gaming trio x 3080 in April I think it was which made customers very angry so it wouldn’t surprise me if they cancelled the Ventus either. TBH MSI’s 3080 cards aren’t that great imo, the only good one from them is the suprim x. The gaming trio x is alright, the Ventus is trash imo compared to other cards that look and perform better. I will probably never go with MSI for GPU’s in the future, only MSI for motherboards

Associate
MSI cancelled the gaming trio x 3080 in April I think it was which made customers very angry so it wouldn’t surprise me if they cancelled the Ventus either. TBH MSI’s 3080 cards aren’t that great imo, the only good one from them is the suprim x. The gaming trio x is alright, the Ventus is trash imo compared to other cards that look and perform better. I will probably never go with MSI for GPU’s in the future, only MSI for motherboards
I’d take a trash 3080 over a 1070 though any day haha

Soldato
The difference between the best and worse 3080 is around 3%in gaming but not 3% in price though. ;)

Soldato
For the £650 i got the Ventus for I'll take trash all day long ;)

Associate

I was fortunate enough to get my Gaming X Trio from OC a couple of weeks after launch and it has been absolutely rock solid, (trying not to tempt fate). But the way MSI have acted since will make me really think twice about buying one of their GPUs again. Asus are normally my preferred brand as I have had fewest problems with their stuff over the years. But I suppose everyone has different experiences with different brands.

Associate
I've officially bowed out of this race. Was 18 in queue for Ventus. I asked OCUK if they had any 3080 I could pay the difference for. They said they had some Zotac Trinity OC, so I paid the (painfully substantial) difference in price and it is on its way now.

Good luck all.

Associate
I've officially bowed out of this race. Was 18 in queue for Ventus. I asked OCUK if they had any 3080 I could pay the difference for. They said they had some Zotac Trinity OC, so I paid the (painfully substantial) difference in price and it is on its way now.

Good luck all.
Think you made a goood choice as dosen't look like there is any incoming so have fun, i'm sure youll love your new 3080, if i could afford it id probably try and go the same way but motorbikes and car take all my spare cash! at the min.:p

Associate

Good luck all.
i thought OcUK stopped allowing card changes? i changed my 3080 over from palit to gigabyte but that was in march. well at least u have the card now, i had to pay £350 difference to get my card changed and it was a good decision. but enjoy it mate, the zotac card is probably better than the ventus anyway, looks nicer imo, ventus sucks

Back
Top Bottom