• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
i thought OcUK stopped allowing card changes? i changed my 3080 over from palit to gigabyte but that was in march. well at least u have the card now, i had to pay £350 difference to get my card changed and it was a good decision. but enjoy it mate, the zotac card is probably better than the ventus anyway, looks nicer imo, ventus sucks

I think they allow it for cards they actually have physically in stock (which are very limited), and if you're happy to pay the difference (contemporary price, not historic!). You can't switch from one queue to another (I don't think).

Associate
I've officially bowed out of this race. Was 18 in queue for Ventus. I asked OCUK if they had any 3080 I could pay the difference for. They said they had some Zotac Trinity OC, so I paid the (painfully substantial) difference in price and it is on its way now.

Good luck all.
Whats the price on a Zotac 3080 now? Im guessing you had the launch RRP of the ventus? (Like £650 or something? )

Associate
What's the latest on potential upgrades on the Zotac Trinity 3080 NONE OC?

I saw a few pages back about the possibility of 10-20 cards being upgraded to the OC version this week. As I'm 9th in the Queue for the NONE OC this got me super excited!

Associate
Guys I might be able to get my hands on an rtx 3070 currently have an rtx 2070 is it worth the shot only play 1440P then waiting ages for an rtx 3080 11 for the strix none Oc

yeh, 3080 is more use at 4k 144hz or 1440p 240hz, a 3070 better suited for a 1440p 144hz-165hz. so i would go for a 3070 if u can get one. for me i have a 4k 144hz monitor so it makes sense fort me to get the 3080. i assume u have a 1440p 144hz monitor so id reccomend getting the 3070 if u can get it

Associate
Or, you start at the bottom of each chain and work your way backwards as stock allows. Given that numbers are mostly low single digits I'm sure you can manage to send that many emails/make that many calls.

I imagine that's actually more complex than how it initially sounds. This isn't a knock against you, I'm just trying to say that things might seem easier from our perspective than bears out when you're actually trying to handle it as a business.

Let's say that OC send out emails to the bottom four customers in a given queue. #1, who would be next in line to receive a card, doesn't check their email or it goes into a folder they don't check. #2 is a power user and before responding spends a week meticulously researching the difference between LHR and normal - though LHR we're told only effects mining there may be some uncommon use-case scenarios they want to check out, for example I checked if Folding@Home interfaces with hash rate. #3 responds, but only four days after receiving the email. #4 responds with 'I want to be transferred' the day they receive the email.

So what happens there? Imagine #4 gets put to position 1 because they're first to respond. #3 responds later and is now behind who was originally #4, ditto for #2 who has gone up the chain now. #1, a month later, starts wondering why they haven't been getting queue alerts. They thoroughly check their email and get into a heated phone conversation with an OC rep. Are they now put in at #4? What if 35 people have replied before them and they're now all the way up at 36? What if they accept moving to position #36 in the LHR queue...and then the next day one final shipment of five non-LHR cards arrives going to people higher up in that original queue who didn't cancel?

How do you work your way around that? If #1 responds later and OC choose to honour the original position, how do you explain to #2-#4 that they got moved up? Go one order at a time only emailing one position up once someone responds and is handled? Then you're messed up as soon as you get to someone who doesn't see the email. Work in batches for 2 weeks at a time to try and mitigate that? You get people calling and forum-posting about how they didn't receive an update this week. In any scenario, there's not a lot to automate it. It's all 1-to-1 conversations, and then another person has to adjust the new queue, and staffers deal with people who get displaced from however they handle it, and all the while they're reliant on every individual customer being reasonably vigilant with their inbox - you and I might be, but that's not everyone's experience - and having to juggle people.

Believe me, I'd be quite happy if it was a simple process but if OC staff are having to say 'it's complicated, we're going to try to figure something out but can't guarantee anything right now because of the logistics, suppliers can't tell us anything because AIBs can't tell us anything because Nvidia aren't telling them anything', I have to believe them and hope that they manage to sort out some solution once they actually have stock and information to work off.

Last edited:
Associate
Like who? Which high street retailer has any stock?

OS just listed Palit 3060 dual for £649.99, the competitor had the same card for £589.99 2 days ago but the actual cost of the card is £410. This is what I called scalping.
Anyway everyone is trying to make more money and at the end of the day, its us the customers who will be losing out

Caporegime
I imagine that's actually more complex than how it initially sounds. This isn't a knock against you, I'm just trying to say that things might seem easier from our perspective than bears out when you're actually trying to handle it as a business.

Let's say that OC send out emails to the bottom four customers in a given queue. #1, who would be next in line to receive a card, doesn't check their email or it goes into a folder they don't check. #2 is a power user and before responding spends a week meticulously researching the difference between LHR and normal - though LHR we're told only effects mining there may be some uncommon use-case scenarios they want to check out, for example I checked if Folding@Home interfaces with hash rate. #3 responds, but only four days after receiving the email. #4 responds with 'I want to be transferred' the day they receive the email.

So what happens there? Imagine #4 gets put to position 1 because they're first to respond. #3 responds later and is now behind who was originally #4, ditto for #2 who has gone up the chain now. #1, a month later, starts wondering why they haven't been getting queue alerts. They thoroughly check their email and get into a heated phone conversation with an OC rep. Are they now put in at #4? What if 35 people have replied before them and they're now all the way up at 36? What if they accept moving to position #36 in the LHR queue...and then the next day one final shipment of five non-LHR cards arrives going to people higher up in that original queue who didn't cancel?

How do you work your way around that? If #1 responds later and OC choose to honour the original position, how do you explain to #2-#4 that they got moved up? Go one order at a time only emailing one position up once someone responds and is handled? Then you're messed up as soon as you get to someone who doesn't see the email. Work in batches for 2 weeks at a time to try and mitigate that? You get people calling and forum-posting about how they didn't receive an update this week. In any scenario, there's not a lot to automate it. It's all 1-to-1 conversations, and then another person has to adjust the new queue, and staffers deal with people who get displaced from however they handle it, and all the while they're reliant on every individual customer being reasonably vigilant with their inbox - you and I might be, but that's not everyone's experience - and having to juggle people.

Believe me, I'd be quite happy if it was a simple process but if OC staff are having to say 'it's complicated, we're going to try to figure something out but can't guarantee anything right now because of the logistics, suppliers can't tell us anything because AIBs can't tell us anything because Nvidia aren't telling them anything', I have to believe them and hope that they manage to sort out some solution once they actually have stock and information to work off.

Nope. All you do is a sticky post on here getting everyone to check their account contact details are correct and say that when contacted via email or phone you have x working days to confirm your interest and make payment or the card will be offered to the next person in the queue.

Associate
Asus tuf 3080oc has shipped!!!!!!!!! Omg :cry::cry::cry: Omg OcUk thank you, can't believe it just about given up hope! thank you so much all the staff at ocuk particularly @Gibbo and @ScottiB
for all your efforts and putting up with my conspiracy theories! - cheers, my wait is done!! ordered Oct 7th 17:57 went from pos 918 till today! Tried to temper my excitement but failed miserably! realising there are a lot of people still waiting in hope, good luck to you all.:)

Last edited:
Associate
Asus tuf 3080oc has shipped!!!!!!!!! Omg :cry::cry::cry: Omg OcUk thank you, can't believe it just about given up hope! thank you so much all the staff at ocuk particularly @Gibbo and @ScottiB
for all your efforts, cheers, my wait is done!! ordered Oct 7th 17:57 went from pos 918 till today! Tried to temper my excitement but failed miserably! realising there are a lot of people still waiting in hope, good luck to you all.:)
I just seen the same email!!!! The wait is finally over!!!!

Associate
Guys I’m out got myself a 3070 strix order day one could not wait any longer would be nice to have a 3080 but I don’t plane on playing 4K and I wanted a strix card good luck to all.

Associate
for all your efforts, cheers, my wait is done!! ordered Oct 7th 17:57 went from pos 918 till today! Tried to temper my excitement but failed miserably! realising there are a lot of people still waiting in hope, good luck to you all.:)

Congrats! You should be excited, you have been very patient. Hopefully it won’t be too long before I will have the same feelings of excitement.

Associate
Congrats mate. Out of interest what position were you last queue update?

Back
Top Bottom