• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
No, I’m waiting on Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC. Last update I was 10th in queue, but not expecting to have moved in two weeks. If I have then that is a bonus.
Well I thought the same but you never know, best of luck, you can't be very far away now, hopefully a few cancellations may have brought you even closer, hope you get yours soon:p

Associate
Asus tuf 3080oc has shipped!!!!!!!!! Omg :cry::cry::cry: Omg OcUk thank you, can't believe it just about given up hope! thank you so much all the staff at ocuk particularly @Gibbo and @ScottiB
for all your efforts and putting up with my conspiracy theories! - cheers, my wait is done!! ordered Oct 7th 17:57 went from pos 918 till today! Tried to temper my excitement but failed miserably! realising there are a lot of people still waiting in hope, good luck to you all.:)
enjoy mate, what CPU have u paired this up with?

Associate
Hi, just fitted a Ryzen 5900X, removed a 5600X hope all will be well, very pleased with the 5900 but does run a bit hotter, to be expected though, all in a b550 aorus master, what cpu and gpu do you have? :p

Commissario
Nope. All you do is a sticky post on here getting everyone to check their account contact details are correct and say that when contacted via email or phone you have x working days to confirm your interest and make payment or the card will be offered to the next person in the queue.
You think people read the stickies?;)

We have huge warnings in some forum sections, stickies and rules (some of which have not been changed much in 21 years) and people don't read them, or complain we didn't make them obvious enough.

We could put it so to read the forums at all you had to click ok on a page with the message "check your contact details are correct on your store account if you've got an outstanding gfx order", whilst the store sent out emails and text messages and people would still complain they didn't get told:p

Last edited:
Associate
You think people read the stickies?

We have huge warnings in some forum sections, stickies and rules (some of which have not been changed much in 21 years) and people don't read them, or complain we didn't make them obvious enough.

We could put it so to read the forums at all you had to click ok on a page with the message "check your contact details are correct on your store account if you've got an outstanding gfx order", whilst the store sent out emails and text messages and people would still complain they didn't get told:p

People would just click ‘ok’ before even reading the pop up modal :D. I’m sure everyone does that when they see the cookie notification when visiting a site.

Caporegime
You think people read the stickies?

And thats fine if they don't read it. The onus is on them. You've (well, OC have) at least put written notification up well in advance. What it does do though is give people a reasonable, and more importantly fair, chance.

Associate
Asus tuf 3080oc has shipped!!!!!!!!! Omg :cry::cry::cry: Omg OcUk thank you, can't believe it just about given up hope! thank you so much all the staff at ocuk particularly @Gibbo and @ScottiB
for all your efforts and putting up with my conspiracy theories! - cheers, my wait is done!! ordered Oct 7th 17:57 went from pos 918 till today! Tried to temper my excitement but failed miserably! realising there are a lot of people still waiting in hope, good luck to you all.:)

@martind, Congrats my friend enjoy it when it arrives. Don't cast me off like an old sock!. Just don't be a stranger.

Associate
Congrats my friend enjoy it when it arrives. Don't cast me off like an old sock!. Just don't be a stranger.
Many thanks, i never cast off old socks! couldn't believe it, certainly wasn't expecting it yet, are you still waiting on a card, my memory is bloody useless, if so which one and where are you in the q:p

Associate
If we were talking about a hundred customers, yeah, but we're talking about thousands and each one is a conversation that takes time to have. We are not a big enough company to manage that many conversations. :(

Would you be able to set up something where if we emailed or rang in to say if we wanted our order to switch over the the new cards? Maybe something like the cancellation form but to transfer orders? Or would that still be too much :(?

Associate
Hi, just fitted a Ryzen 5900X, removed a 5600X hope all will be well, very pleased with the 5900 but does run a bit hotter, to be expected though, all in a b550 aorus master, what cpu and gpu do you have? :p
RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC and Ryzen 7 5800x, which I regret buying for £440, now that the 5900x is like £498 on some retailers :mad::mad::mad:. On the bright side since I bought before new year I got far cry 6 for free so I guess it makes up for it, as ryzen 9 5900x only starting reducing in price recently

Associate
RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC and Ryzen 7 5800x, which I regret buying for £440, now that the 5900x is like £498 on some retailers :mad::mad::mad:. On the bright side since I bought before new year I got far cry 6 for free so I guess it makes up for it, as ryzen 9 5900x only starting reducing in price recently
Hi, a great setup, that's the difficulty in knowing when you can buy these for a decent price, I bought the 2700x, 3600xt at full price as they were relatively new at the time, the 5600x I left for a good six months so it did go down a bit, the 5900X I've only just bought as it's been out for months now but at £399 + vat think it was £479? but I will not be upgrading for a while now, I have managed to get where I want to be now, it's like being down a rabbits warren, this constant upgrading! :p and not getting any cheaper, after 9 months waiting for gpu, I'm done for a min. :eek:

Associate
To @Gibbo or @ScottiB, looking on OcUK website, there seems to be loads of 6700xt's you've obviously had a few recent deliveries! just curious why there is very few 6800xt's is it just because they are more popular/ sought after? just not seen nearly as many 6800xt's.:)

Back
Top Bottom