• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
OVERALL BACK ORDER UPDATE:

3090:
[...]
Gigabyte Eagle OC 15x back orders, 25 shipped! (these shall be upgraded to Gaming OC today)
[...]

3080:

[...]
Gigabyte Eagle OC 427x back orders, 218 shipped (50+ queue position should consider cancelling)
Gigabyte Gaming OC 81x back orders, 329 shipped!
[...]

Why are you telling people to cancel after nearly a year of waiting instead of upgrading to Gaming OC as you did with the 3090 and honour the orders?

Associate
Maybe they shouldn't take so many orders on launch day then.

Bad planning is not the customer's fault.

It wasn’t planned. If you look back, you’ll find (and I’m paraphrasing) the demand broke their website and orders were accepted before they could bolt the gates.

Bad supply isn’t OCUKs fault ;)

Associate
Wow looks like OCUK are getting better stock lately. Saw they also had a lot of 3090s available to buy earlier.

Really hope Asus do us a solid and supply some stock of the regular tuf 3080 NONE OC. Seems like all they supply is the OC version lately.

Permabanned
Wow looks like OCUK are getting better stock lately. Saw they also had a lot of 3090s available to buy earlier.

Really hope Asus do us a solid and supply some stock of the regular tuf 3080 NONE OC. Seems like all they supply is the OC version lately.
I would love if some Strix OC 3080s came in, haven't been any in ages!

Associate
I would love if some Strix OC 3080s came in, haven't been any in ages!

"Through the Years ASUS takes its name from Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology that symbolises wisdom and knowledge. ASUS embodies the strength, purity, and adventurous spirit of this fantastic creature, and soars to new heights with each new product it creates."

WOAH WOAH!
Slow down there horsey! Just ehhh. Me and the boys here, well we just LOVE what you're doing already! No need to rush off and make something new! Merely saunter toward the stable and if per chance you could bestow upon us mere mortals a few StrixOC and TUFnoneOC, forever shall we respect and sing the praises of the mighty PEGASUS!

(Def not gone mad)

Permabanned
"Through the Years ASUS takes its name from Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology that symbolises wisdom and knowledge. ASUS embodies the strength, purity, and adventurous spirit of this fantastic creature, and soars to new heights with each new product it creates."

WOAH WOAH!
Slow down there horsey! Just ehhh. Me and the boys here, well we just LOVE what you're doing already! No need to rush off and make something new! Merely saunter toward the stable and if per chance you could bestow upon us mere mortals a few StrixOC and TUFnoneOC, forever shall we respect and sing the praises of the mighty PEGASUS!

(Def not gone mad)
Wait are they going to make a new Card....

Associate
I think the fair thing to do would be to give the customers option of moving into another queue if their card is EOL. Customers have paid the money upfront and been waiting almost a year now for a card, to end up just with a refund that would be unacceptable.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Unfortunately this is a wonderful example of giving the wrong impression based on only having access to superficial amounts of information.
3090 supply definitely hasn't improved, quite the opposite. However, as back order queues clear more of the stock can end up online. There were also lines that were never put up for sale which we built up stock of before selling them..months of stock, sold in weeks.

Associate
Just enquired about changing the brand of 3080 I have ordered if it was suitable to Overclockers. Was told "the cheapest 3080's we have are £1,099.99, let us know if you're interested".
A four hundred quid mark up in price is too expensive for me so I shall stick it out and wait for the Asus card I ordered on September 18th last year.
At least it seems they have some cards in stock for sale though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom