• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It wasn’t planned. If you look back, you’ll find (and I’m paraphrasing) the demand broke their website and orders were accepted before they could bolt the gates.

Bad supply isn’t OCUKs fault ;)

They were still taking orders a week later, all other retailers stopped orders within 2 days as they realised they were not going to be able to cope with the amount of stock estimated to be coming.

Associate
Why are you telling people to cancel after nearly a year of waiting instead of upgrading to Gaming OC as you did with the 3090 and honour the orders?
Because the Gaming OC still has a lot of back orders?

Gigabyte Eagle OC 427x back orders, 218 shipped (50+ queue position should consider cancelling)
Gigabyte Gaming OC 81x back orders, 329 shipped!

Associate
I think the fair thing to do would be to give the customers option of moving into another queue if their card is EOL. Customers have paid the money upfront and been waiting almost a year now for a card, to end up just with a refund that would be unacceptable.
Problem is there isn't enough stock coming in for other cards. Remember there are still queues worldwide, not just here.

Associate
Definitely kicking myself for talking myself out of getting the TUF OC, ending up ordering the TUF non-oc on launch day. Still waiting for a card, but would already have had one if I'd just went with the OC!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! The price difference was paltry as well compared to price rises that followed.

Associate
After all this time and 30th in queue for the evga black edition and they're recommending cancelling? scumbags.
Why are they scumbags, for being honest enough to say it may be worth your time to cancel and look else where? Hardly OCUK fault that EVGA have been particularly bad in shipping cards to UK

Associate
Just enquired about changing the brand of 3080 I have ordered if it was suitable to Overclockers. Was told "the cheapest 3080's we have are £1,099.99, let us know if you're interested".
A four hundred quid mark up in price is too expensive for me so I shall stick it out and wait for the Asus card I ordered on September 18th last year.
At least it seems they have some cards in stock for sale though!
I would actually take that it may be worthwhile in the long run. What 3080 is it

Associate
Just enquired about changing the brand of 3080 I have ordered if it was suitable to Overclockers. Was told "the cheapest 3080's we have are £1,099.99, let us know if you're interested".
A four hundred quid mark up in price is too expensive for me so I shall stick it out and wait for the Asus card I ordered on September 18th last year.
At least it seems they have some cards in stock for sale though!
I changed over from my palit 3080 to a gigabyte vision 3080 which was also £1099.99. It was definitely worth it since I was 187 in the queue to start with and I still think I would be in the queue.

Back
Top Bottom