• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
I still find it unbelievable that msi who are one of the larger suppliers seem to have shipped so few cards compared to others.
Unless, as I suspect, they've massively pied off the retail market and are only working directly with miners.

Associate
Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

As we haven't have a status update for a few weeks there's an odd spike ("33") that can be ignored; again it's highly likely to be 33 cancellation over the three weeks.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

oimg

OcUK Staff
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming

Queue position = 772

What are the chances of getting it in time for Battlefield 2042 released on Oct 22?

Let us hope the AIB's can ship us loads of 3070Ti and 3080LHR and then if those cards don't come we can maybe offer some upgrade options in a month or so, fingers crossed. :)

Associate
No problem, you got a great deal as our cost is around £760 exc vat on those, hence why online they are been sold around £1500-1600..... :eek:
dont know how you keep absorbing the losses, but it is very honourable, dont think may other retailers would have done this much, very very commendable:)

Associate
I have a random question- is it worth upgrading to 32GB ram, I currently have 16GB of RAM with my 3080.
I think it depends what you are doing on the PC. If it primarily gaming I doubt if you would see any difference at all. If you are doing stuff like graphics design The extra memory would be more likely to show performance improvements.

Associate
So my updated position is 152 for the 3080 Strix OC, and my projection says 'estimated delivery August 20th'
but we've been told to consider cancelling the order if above position 50...

I'm guessing that means it's game over for me?

Associate
I think it depends what you are doing on the PC. If it primarily gaming I doubt if you would see any difference at all. If you are doing stuff like graphics design The extra memory would be more likely to show performance improvements.
I might do a bit of streaming too, some people on YouTube say 16GB can be a bottleneck with the 3080.

Associate
So my updated position is 152 for the 3080 Strix OC, and my projection says 'estimated delivery August 20th'
but we've been told to consider cancelling the order if above position 50...

I'm guessing that means it's game over for me?

Mines a TUF non-OC, QP 622, should cancel 50+. I'm gonna stick it out for the luz at this point ;)

Back
Top Bottom