• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I have a random question- is it worth upgrading to 32GB ram, I currently have 16GB of RAM with my 3080.
If your not doing modelling, video, or photo editing you probably won't see any advantage. I bought an extra 16GB because it was cheap at the time but day to day it's makes no difference.

Into the mid 20s on the Gigabyte 3080 gaming, so close.

Associate
Moved from 49 to 48 in the ASUS TUF non-oc queue.
Better than nothing lol

Must be a cancellation as I'm #15 in this queue for like a month or more now.

Spotted some 6800's and 6800xt's on a competitors website earlier and I very nearly pulled the trigger. Not even sure what prevented me. Looking at the price sure didn't help. That's just how it is right now sadly. I shudder to think about eBay.

Associate
Must be a cancellation as I'm #15 in this queue for like a month or more now.

Spotted some 6800's and 6800xt's on a competitors website earlier and I very nearly pulled the trigger. Not even sure what prevented me, looking at the price sure didn't help but then that's just how it is right now. I shudder to think about eBay.

Yup, thought it was a cancellation.

Getting close to pulling the trigger on another card (if possible) but then I think if I've waited this long for a card I may as well wait for however much longer it'll be, as I'm not in a dire need for a card currently

Associate
Friday 11th June 2021
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming 10GB

Went from position 7 to 4.... hopefully it comes sooooon 9 months is a hell of a long time I was considering cancelling soon if no movement

Associate
Yup, thought it was a cancellation.

Getting close to pulling the trigger on another card (if possible) but then I think if I've waited this long for a card I may as well wait for however much longer it'll be, as I'm not in a dire need for a card currently

My concern is still that orders could potentially be cancelled due to LHR. Or do we have any official word on whats going on there?

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. It isn't extremely urgent to have it right now as my 1080 still works fine. There are just a lot of games I'd like to play in 1440p with high settings and a nice framerate so I've been holding off.

Associate
My concern is still that orders could potentially be cancelled due to LHR. Or do we have any official word on whats going on there?

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. It isn't extremely urgent to have it right now as my 1080 still works fine. There are just a lot of games I'd like to play in 1440p with high settings and a nice framerate so I've been holding off.
I'm definitely concerned about that as well, yeah. Not sure we have any official word as of yet on what's happening unfortunately.

Also yeah, I'm pretty much exactly the same as you, my 1070 works great, but I'd love to play some games @ 1440p at a decent framerate. Even put off purchasing some games (CP2077 specifically) to experience them with high settings. Also looking to give my younger brother my 1070 when I upgrade, so it's a shame we've had to wait for such a long time

Associate
I'm definitely concerned about that as well, yeah. Not sure we have any official word as of yet on what's happening unfortunately.

Also yeah, I'm pretty much exactly the same as you, my 1070 works great, but I'd love to play some games @ 1440p at a decent framerate. Even put off purchasing some games (CP2077 specifically) to experience them with high settings. Also looking to give my younger brother my 1070 when I upgrade, so it's a shame we've had to wait for such a long time

Haha yup cyberpunk and red dead and the two bigger ones for me. I guess CP ended up being a bit of a bust? Would still like to try it though. Wow a 1070 for your brother is a nice gift! My sisters would have no need for a 1080, theyre strictly Apple folk and exclusive Nintendo only gamers.

Probably best not to speculate but its hard not to after 9 months. If the worst did happen and all orders were cancelled... it is going to be even harder again to get 3000/6000 series as the market will have thousands more people from here that were waiting.

Associate
Haha yup cyberpunk and red dead and the two bigger ones for me. I guess CP ended up being a bit of a bust? Would still like to try it though. Wow a 1070 for your brother is a nice gift! My sisters would have no need for a 1080, theyre strictly Apple folk and exclusive Nintendo only gamers.

Probably best not to speculate but its hard not to after 9 months. If the worst did happen and all orders were cancelled... it is going to be even harder again to get 3000/6000 series as the market will have thousands more people from here that were waiting.

Haha yeah Cyberpunk and RDR2 are the two main ones I've waited on, and definitely can't say I've missed out on much waiting on CP2077!

Definitely not worth speculating but I tend to worry so the possibility of having our orders cancelled at this stage would be heartbreaking. But just need to wait and see what happens at the end of the day

Associate
I see some hopeful talks about maybe people upgrading/changing to a 3080ti or a 3080LHR can the people who ordered the msi gaming X trio get one of these? (Obviously if we pay the price you ask)

Back
Top Bottom