• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So I just saw ocuk have 3060s in stock yet erm they’re like £600? I’m new to forum so there’s no way I’ll have access to the MM but I was hoping they’d allow non MM members to buy near MSRP

Associate
Well, on the bright said I bought the 5800x in launch day for £440, and also got far cry 6 code so it sort of makes up for over paying for the CPU, the 5900x only starting going down recently and even if I purchased it I wouldn’t have gotten far cry 6 for free. It’s not like a need 12 cores tbh, the 6 core 5600x would be probably be fine, but I would be more comfortable with the 8 core 5800x for future proofing and consoles are 8 cores too. Can’t wait for far cry 6 to come out though :D. I like free stuff
I got the 5900x on launch day, the FC6 code was a good sweetner. But I was waiting until Feb for an NVMe so didn't do the build until then. When I went to redeem the code, it told me it had expired which made me really sad :mad:, the time limit wasn't well advertised. Fortunately, with a couple of exchanges with AMD Rewards they issued me a new code. Now all I need is the new GPU and I'm set for FC6.

Caporegime
So I just saw ocuk have 3060s in stock yet erm they’re like £600? I’m new to forum so there’s no way I’ll have access to the MM but I was hoping they’d allow non MM members to buy near MSRP

Certainly not people who just joined the forum today, with all due respect you could be absolutely anyone trying to blag a cheap card to scalp. People like that they're trying to stop and it's working. These deals are for more established members of the OcUK community and have contributed to the forum over a number of years.

Associate
Certainly not people who just joined the forum today, with all due respect you could be absolutely anyone trying to blag a cheap card to scalp. People like that they're trying to stop and it's working.
I understand, but I was hoping after giving members first dibs that the non members would also get a chance for MSRP or near later, I don’t do forums in general ever since platforms like discord came around, I’m actually looking for my brother who starts college soon and GPU is so he needs now for his build . After than I can wait for myself once this chaos has calmed down

Associate
Surprising the cards are still in stock, just goes to show the voucher thing is working, either that or sites wrong and they’re oos. Any chance the codes will be on public forum like the amd one was a while ago?

Associate
Can I get this straight? Is someone who has been inane enough to post their queue position on here every week getting priority offers over those who have had outstanding orders for longer?
As you can see my post count isn't high because I post when I have something to say..

Associate
By the way, I am not complaining. The voucher system is a good solution to getting one over on the bots and scalpers. I just want to know if my preorder wait time has any priority over my post count?

Associate
let me get this right if your on here posting about crap that nobody wants to know (how sick you are were your at in the que what system you have ect,) is giving you priority treatment on what you are offered and how soon you will get your card what a kick in the teeth for the people who have been account members with over clockers for years and are being patient with over clockers because they believe that they are doing their best !!. if this is the case i am stating right now as a account holder and multiple buyer from over clockers (both for my business and for my personnel use ) that IT WILL BE THE LAST PENNY OVER CLOCKERS WILL SEE FROM ME !!!!

Associate
let me get this right if your on here posting about crap that nobody wants to know (how sick you are were your at in the que what system you have ect,) is giving you priority treatment on what you are offered and how soon you will get your card what a kick in the teeth for the people who have been account members with over clockers for years and are being patient with over clockers because they believe that they are doing their best !!. if this is the case i am stating right now as a account holder and multiple buyer from over clockers (both for my business and for my personnel use ) that IT WILL BE THE LAST PENNY OVER CLOCKERS WILL SEE FROM ME !!!!
I agree. As someone who has bought from ocs last 3 physical premises as well as online, it seems posting guff means more.

Associate
They are putting in place best method there system allows which hopefully means gpus in the hands of more who want to game on them. First post so have long way to go to use it but hey at least they trying instead of throwing us to the wolf's

Associate
Well I know we aren't supposed to speculate about possible solutions but there is already a system in place to personally email everyone in the pre-order queue (the queue position emails). I expect it would not be a massive stretch to put voucher codes on there.
Still, I wil remain patient as I personally think the guys at OC have done a great job trying to manage this situation and I am looking forward to what the 30xx Ti brings to the party.

Associate
Gonna try and make my 1st post no entirely critical. So I'll start with saying that the way that Scotti and Gibbo have dealt with an angry mob for 9 months has been nothing short of amazing.

Also the fact that the company continues to swallow losses with regards to upgrades is admirable. Especially given the issues they they faced with the website essentially took way too many pre-orders.

However, there has been a number of decisions that do not make this an enjoyable customer experience. This is coming from someone that has built up the majority of their new PC almost exclusively from OCUK.

Having read pushing 2000 pages of posts in this thread. I am so angry that because I chose not to vent my frustration or comment every week with my updated position in the queue (not hating people that did this as it was quite reassuring reading people moving forwards in the queue) that I am missing out on the chance to get a GPU at a reasonable price due to these vouchers being post count gated.

I understand the rationale behind trying to get GPUs into the hands of real people and not scalper or bots, as someone wo read but didnt post, I feel that I've been done dirty.re probably isnt many easy options to do this, but having paid £700 for 9 months worth of emails, there must have been a way where they could engage the people that are in the still sizeable back order queues for the 3080s

Associate
(continued as mobile crashed)
I for one, may well have considered the option of a 3070 at MSRP if I was in one of the queues that were not moving.

Another frustration, is the vagueness around the abilty to move people from v1 to v2 (LHR) of the 3080. I will be massively disappointed if, after 9 months of patiently waiting that OCUK do not see a solution for me to obtain a 3080. I understand this may be labour intensive, to a degree, but given the volume of GPUs that have been coming through, I dont believe that they would need to contact all of the 1000s of customers still in the queues.

Completely understand that people may not want the LHR varient, but there needs to be a route to identify these customers, so that the gamers on here can just get the GPUs that they paid for nearly a year for.

I understand that there are very few easy options for OCUK, and as I said at the start of my previous post there have been some positives but OCUK need to think about what their customers want, and thats just a GPU that they paid big chunks of cash nearly a year ago.

I just ask OCUK just continue to try and put GPUs in the hands of gamers.

Associate
The entitlement of some people here, sheesh.
You'd think that waiting silently on your GPU so that you're not taking up the valuable time of Scotti and Gibbo would pay off, sadly it's the exact opposite. I've been reading these forums multiple times a day since ordering to keep up with the information yet I'm being penalised for NOT harassing staff for constant updates on "Where's ma card". This is the most absurd way of doing things. Entitlement comes with the payment I made all those months ago. Post count +1.

Back
Top Bottom