• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm confused, so in order to get my graphics card I need to have 50 posts on this forum to be invited into a private group? Or is this just a rumour?

Associate
I'm confused, so in order to get my graphics card I need to have 50 posts on this forum to be invited into a private group? Or is this just a rumour?

My understanding is that OCUK listed a batch of 3070 for around £5000 to stop scalpers and bots. But in order to get these into the hands of gamers, the £5000 was reduced by a voucher code. This code was only available on the forum in a thread (?) that is visible to people with only 50 posts.

In some regards its a really clever idea, and credit for trying to get cards into the hands of gamers. But after nearly a year of waiting on my 3080, I wonder whether OCUK may have been better engaging with customers in the back order queues to see if they would prefer to get a 3070 at MSRP than wait for cards which dont seem to be arriving.

Associate
Also, on this point, I'm not suggesting that all customers would want a 3070 when they have waited this long for a 3080/3090 but I imagine some people just want any decent graphics card at MSRP as opposed to feeding the scalpers.

Also, given the ongoing losses that OCUK keep swallowing with the constant upgrades, this might actually save them some money AND would shorten the queue for those peeps who dont want a 3070. And want to wait for their unicorn 3080.

Associate
Also, on this point, I'm not suggesting that all customers would want a 3070 when they have waited this long for a 3080/3090 but I imagine some people just want any decent graphics card at MSRP as opposed to feeding the scalpers.

Also, given the ongoing losses that OCUK keep swallowing with the constant upgrades, this might actually save them some money AND would shorten the queue for those peeps who dont want a 3070. And want to wait for their unicorn 3080.

Be interesting to see what happens next month when they start releasing the 3070/3080ti

Associate

As you've just joined today, you'd better off reading back a few days in this thread for relevant info. OC are actively looking into using the new 3080 LHR and 3070Ti cards to reduce the queues but there are logistic issues as the cards are "different".

Associate
I have come here out of desperation, I have built my PC back in November, it has been sitting on the shelf without a graphics card, Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to get an RTX 3080 close to MSRP and not £2000 prices?

Associate
some people has no time to sit 24 hours front of pc and check availablity in every minutes

because normaly everything is out of stock a minute later

and now you have to be some chatguy to have the code

also...you need 1000 posts per code or after 1000 posts everybody can buy 1 card every day? or how it works?

Think its 50 posts you need, then you have access to the codes :)
hmmm. and they think scaplers can't make 50 posts in half an hour?

I don't think gonna work this way.

let's see can I see after 50 posts or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
also...you need 1000 posts per code or after 1000 posts everybody can buy 1 card every day? or how it works?

Think its 50 posts you need, then you have access to the codes :)

hmmm. and they think scaplers can't make 50 posts in half an hour?

Most scalpers wont go through the effort of making that, and im pretty sure theres some spam filter in place?

Its better than anything else in place!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom