• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You'd think that waiting silently on your GPU so that you're not taking up the valuable time of Scotti and Gibbo would pay off, sadly it's the exact opposite. I've been reading these forums multiple times a day since ordering to keep up with the information yet I'm being penalised for NOT harassing staff for constant updates on "Where's ma card". This is the most absurd way of doing things. Entitlement comes with the payment I made all those months ago. Post count +1.
Everyone here made the payment. This isn't the "complain about stock" forum, you're literally judging a forum from one forum post.

It seems impossible for ScottiB and Gibbo to appease people without pulling GPUs out of thin air.

Soldato
You'd think that waiting silently on your GPU so that you're not taking up the valuable time of Scotti and Gibbo would pay off, sadly it's the exact opposite. I've been reading these forms multiple times a day since ordering to keep up with the information yet I'm being penalised for NOT harassing staff for constant updates on "Where's ma card". This is the most absurd way of doing things. Entitlement comes with the payment I made all those months ago. Post count +1.
In defence of Scotti and Gibbo, it boils down to fastest finger first at 2pm on 17.9.20. Sounds harsh but i bet nearly everyone who went for it big time on that fateful day got sorted by christmas? I'll get my coat about now.

Associate
I have spent 10k plus with OCUK over the years but I am under no delusion that it gives me the right to ask for preferential treatment. You guys who haven't met the post count for the Members Market have to understand that this is just OCUK's way of testing the waters for such a system. They are trying to keep these cards out of the hands of scalpers and bots and the easier the voucher system is to get into then the easier it will be for these bad actors to take advantage and ultimately if that happens then the cards will sell out, no-one will get their cards and we will be back to square one!

Associate
Can I get this straight? Is someone who has been inane enough to post their queue position on here every week getting priority offers over those who have had outstanding orders for longer?
As you can see my post count isn't high because I post when I have something to say..
yes because they are taking part.:D

Associate
let me get this right if your on here posting about crap that nobody wants to know (how sick you are were your at in the que what system you have ect,) is giving you priority treatment on what you are offered and how soon you will get your card what a kick in the teeth for the people who have been account members with over clockers for years and are being patient with over clockers because they believe that they are doing their best !!. if this is the case i am stating right now as a account holder and multiple buyer from over clockers (both for my business and for my personnel use ) that IT WILL BE THE LAST PENNY OVER CLOCKERS WILL SEE FROM ME !!!!
its called taking part and being part of the community:D

Associate
Same boat. I’ve been a customer for over a decade, spending thousands with them, yet I’m excluded from the voucher scheme as I wasn’t very active on the forums. I think I’ve got like 5 posts lol

Associate
Everyone here made the payment. This isn't the "complain about stock" forum, you're literally judging a forum from one forum post.

It seems impossible for ScottiB and Gibbo to appease people without pulling GPUs out of thin air.
How do you know everyone here made a payment? You don't even have to have spent a single penny to open an account for this forum. I get that the voucher system is a good way of getting GPUs to the gamers but like anything it's also open to being abused.

Associate
Wow, I can't believe Gibbo isn't a wizard who can magically figure out who's a gamer and who's not!

Jokes aside, there have been people who scalped cards from the MM deal even. Don't see this as you being excluded after being a martyr for OCUK, see it as them trying to be inclusive of real people and not just scalper bots.

Associate
Hmm not sure why people are kicking off, as long as they're not getting cards that should be going to people on queues then oh well? Voucher program no matter the post limit is a nice way to get cards to people.. and think about it they've had ti wait just as long as us :')

I've had my fair share of moaning especially when the lhr boot was looming but these ocuk guys seem to have even covered us with that (for the most part)

So.. keep on rocking guys ^^ I'm really hoping I'm in the next aorus shipment :)

Soldato
Same boat. I’ve been a customer for over a decade, spending thousands with them, yet I’m excluded from the voucher scheme as I wasn’t very active on the forums. I think I’ve got like 5 posts lol

'not very active', you weren't active at all as you only joined the forums after you heard from somewhere about this offer/scheme :confused:

Associate
Been a member since 2002 and also spent a lot of money with Ocuk and I don’t have 1k post but that’s ok, I’m not an active poster but good to see that the vouchers are getting gpu’s into gamers hands at a reasonable price and not being grabbed by a bot and sold on an auction site for twice the price, at least they are trying.

well done @Gibbo @ScottiB

Last edited:
Associate
This is a great idea, I've been a customer for over 5 years but only on forum for a year but not many posts. my sons graphics card packed in and now looking for rtx but none around, hopefully find one soon not paying silly money to these scammers.

Associate
Sounds good, no access myself as I've not been here long enough I assume, nor do I fancy the 3070 anyway, but that looks like a good chance of 150+ happy gamers!
The criteria for accessing the thread is 50 posts so you should be able to see it, though I did see a post from a mod a couple pages back saying that for some members it's not working correctly and they're trying to sort it out

Associate
OK so need to get to 50 post to be able to see
Yep, my GPU died and I'm stuck using an old MSI 750Ti that was in my "box of bits" leftover from years of builds and upgrades. Doing 3d modelling for work can be a little challenging, thankfully the poly counts are not huge, but I refuse to add fuel to the fire by buying a scalper card. The outright greed of these folks just shows how low people will stoop for a fast buck.

Back
Top Bottom