• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’m pretty sure it’s an exaggeration. He knows about deliveries as well as we do.
I mean, he may not be wrong though. Fingers crossed he is for the people that high.
Yeah, well I'm in that 700+ and was ready on site from 1:30pm on 17th. I did give up about 4pm and came back at 5:30 to get my order in.
Think I was pretty unlucky and picked the wrong card choice :D

Associate
Yeah, well I'm in that 700+ and was ready on site from 1:30pm on 17th. I did give up about 4pm and came back at 5:30 to get my order in.
Think I was pretty unlucky and picked the wrong card choice :D

Same. I didn’t get on till 4:53 and that was me constantly trying from 2. I’m 153rd in the queue for a TUF non oc. Luckily it wasn’t a popular card at the start. Orders went way up after 5.
Not sure if that was due to that specific page not loading for most people or due to people seeing the reviews.

Associate
I will attempt to pre-order one of the new RX 6900's if still no luck with a 3080 FE or my TUF OC pre-order :D Waiting 17 weeks sucks.
This situation is very dire and I guess if the 6900 is in supply and as good as a 3080, I'd need a new FreeSync monitor, too!

Associate
Pretty sure they can't even list a pre-order on eBay anyway as they have no idea when they are going to get the cards!
isn't that what a lot of us have done :) - As we keep getting reminded we've paid for our place in a queue. We're not entitled to anything.

Whilst "scalping" isn't good practice it isn't actually illegal and they're not breaking any rules. I didn't see anything in OCs Terms when i ordered about scalping.

At the end of the day OC buys its stock elsewhere adds some margin to it and sells it. How is that any different?

Soldato
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RTX-3080-confirmed-pre-order/333736365993

"EVGA XC3 Black RTX 3080 currently on preorder, which was pre-ordered 17/09/2020 at 2:21 and therefore not currently in hands. Will be dispatched when recieved. Dispatched with Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) 1:00 pm."

Delivery location will be Cardiff as per his eBay description.

Should be enough information on this one for OCUK to find the order even if his forum name doesn't match ;)

Associate
Soldato
isn't that what a lot of us have done :) - As we keep getting reminded we've paid for our place in a queue. We're not entitled to anything.

Whilst "scalping" isn't good practice it isn't actually illegal and they're not breaking any rules. I didn't see anything in OCs Terms when i ordered about scalping.

At the end of the day OC buys its stock elsewhere adds some margin to it and sells it. How is that any different?

So which one on eBay are you then?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’m pretty sure it’s an exaggeration. He knows about deliveries as well as we do.
I mean, he may not be wrong though. Fingers crossed he is for the people that high.
Well, I am slightly more informed than the general user ;)

Inside tip: just because only 47 cards were accounted for on here doesn’t mean the queues didn’t drop more than that. Don’t forget there are cancellations and RMAs to consider....

Associate
Long time lurker, first time poster here I have a Gigabyte OC pre-order (163 in queue).

Gibbo stated earlier in the week that:

"We shipped a small amount of the following RTX 3080 cards to customers yesterday. MSI Ventus 3X OC, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Gigabyte Vision OC, Gigabyte Gaming OC, Asus TUF Gaming OC. The following small amount of RTX 3090 cards also shipped to customers yesterday. Asus TUF Gaming OC and MSI Ventus 3X OC".

It does not appear that updates for any Gigabyte OC queue dwellers have been sent out...I would hope that they are expecting more in today/shipping today hence no update...

Unless I am mistaken of course any of the other 162 Gigabyte OC queue dwellers had a queue update please?

Associate
Well, I am slightly more informed than the general user ;)

Inside tip: just because only 47 cards were accounted for on here doesn’t mean the queues didn’t drop more than that. Don’t forget there are cancellations and RMAs to consider....

Of course. I just meant with future deliveries. Nobody knows how big they are going to be later in the month/November to make any assumptions that people could be waiting 6 months. Not to say they won’t be !
Yeah I’m hoping when some TUF NON OC come into stock and I get a new queue, there will be a couple of cancellations :) will be more noticeable the higher people are in the queue !

PS. Everyone else started getting ads on here again ?

Last edited:
Associate
Same. I didn’t get on till 4:53 and that was me constantly trying from 2. I’m 153rd in the queue for a TUF non oc. Luckily it wasn’t a popular card at the start. Orders went way up after 5.
Not sure if that was due to that specific page not loading for most people or due to people seeing the reviews.
Yeah, I seem to remember the reviews for the TUF started coming in about that time.
I was foolish enough to fall for the ETA on the Trio.. Just assumed it was a live update of the stock allocation. I should have switched when I had the chance. Never mind, just annoying when you're try to do a new build.
On the other hand, it maybe a good thing with the new AMD CPU in a month. Just hoping that's not going to be the same situation as this :D

Back
Top Bottom