• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You brought a fine point, We are still unsure how will the rage mode works, will it work as well on B450/x470 motherboards? We don't know that yet, there's a lot of blurry aspects with this new GPU from real performance, to drivers issue from last series and features, it didn't answer questions compared to what we knew, but people are getting even more hyped after a presentation.

From what I saw Rage Mode is nothing to do with CPU/Motherboard, one button Rage Mode is just extra overclock.
The CPU/Motherboard comes into action with the SAM mode ie faster access to memory.

Permabanned
I don't think he deserves it now, I tried to tell him to stfu because you said that he won... You cant help Some people
Got myself new icon after 3070 lunch
jezus.gif

Ya tried link i sent ya them cards ware there for good 20 minutes.

Associate
Ordered a full build on the 2nd of October with Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, got an email today saying it's been shipped. Not gonna lie, was hugely surprised lol.

Associate
went for a 3070 FE, still sensibly priced, got to the checkout at a competitor and failed on checkout...So back to waiting for the 3080.

The aftermarket 3070's are running to close to the 650 i paid for a 3080...

I was the same. Has the FE in my basket bang on 1pm. Spent 10 mins stalled in a loading screen then it returned me back to the start. I was only looking to pick one up to tie me over until I can get hold of the card I really want but alas, no joy. Aborted mission now as this whole 30 series launch has been a joke and it has dampened my interest in pc gaming. Hoping AMD will have a more substantial stock situation at launch but really wanted an RTX to get the most out of my Oled.

Associate
So, what's the likelihood of an "okay amount" of ASUS ROG Strix 3080 OC cards dropping in the next month? Just that right now I'm 138 in the queue, after over a month waiting, and at this current rate the RX6080XT will probably be available, and its not only significantly cheaper but also likely better.

Soldato
Ordered a full build on the 2nd of October with Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, got an email today saying it's been shipped. Not gonna lie, was hugely surprised lol.
Well that's flipping amazing.... Cheers oc, so the gaming oc that are coming this week right? The ones giga man talked about, the same ones aorus uk just told me aren't coming this week.
Is there any facts in the f in world anymore

Associate
So 12 days ago I sent a webnote to OCUK asking why the Zotac Trinity 3080 Non-OC is unavailable for pre-order, I got a response back claiming they were unsure why:

"Thank you for your webnote. Unfortunately, yes that card is not available for pre-order at the moment. I'm unsure why and I will look to see if I can find out the reason why- but it is probably due to a sourcing issue. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience."

I asked if they would get back to me when they can confirm the reason, they said they would. 12 days onwards, today, I sent another webnote asking if they had an answer yet and I got this response:

"Thanks for getting in touch, this is due to the demand for this product outweighing the potential available stock."

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't believe the Zotac trinity 3080 non-OC queue is very big, especially in comparison to other cards...

Associate
Well that's flipping amazing.... Cheers oc, so the gaming oc that are coming this week right? The ones giga man talked about, the same ones aorus uk just told me aren't coming this week.
Is there any facts in the f in world anymore

Yeah I mean, I was following this thread and the updates, and thought there was like 10 coming this week. I thought nah, if I've got any luck it'll be November, even though build stock is separate, that number of cards is close to nothing. Might need to check the build when it comes, to see if it really is the 3080 lol.

Back
Top Bottom