• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I wonder what's going to go when come Xmas time - not far down the road for PC builders, arrives and there are no PCs with higher end GPUs because they like everyone else can't get hold of them. Companies who would normally have put in RTX20xx aren't going to be able to get hold of enough GPU stock to put into their PCs for the Black Friday or Christmas stores.

Unless of course the big system builders like Dell or Asus etc are the ones actually getting all the stock of course!
Its worse than that, most electronics are having stock issues, including the consoles. Demand is only going to keep increasing, and they can't seem to supply at the moment either. Even with AMDs launch, tsmcs is heavily saturated, this is likely going to be a bad year for supply.

Associate
been playing Watch dogs on my 2070s its utterly brilliant the RTX is AMAZING and thats running really well on max setting and DLSS in qualty mode,
honestly DLSS might be the best thing to come from nvidia in years when you add the RTX into the mix its freaking awesome,

So hope my 3080 gets shipped so i can throw it even higher

Associate
I've been in the Zotac non-OC 3080 queue since launch (ordered around half past). When we received the queue position email, I was placed at queue position 37 on the 29th of September. Since then I have moved a total of 10 places down to 27. I wonder if they are cancellations rather than stock going out and there just hasn't been any stock in?

Currently waiting on this card to get my PC up and running which is currently acting as a very expensive paperweight!
There must've been two cancellations in the time you got your queue positioning and I got mine, because I went from 74 to 66. That's only 8 places, unless I forgot basic maths.

Associate
So was burned on the 3080 launch, and again on the 3070. I had put off pre ordering a 3080 on here as I didn't have the money to pay for two cards and hedge my bets, thought I would have more luck with a 3070. If I order a 3080 TUF OC what sort of queue position am I looking at? 100s? 1000s? I can't seem to see what the queue looks like before paying for it?

So was burned on the 3080 launch, and again on the 3070. I had put off pre ordering a 3080 on here as I didn't have the money to pay for two cards and hedge my bets, thought I would have more luck with a 3070. If I order a 3080 TUF OC what sort of queue position am I looking at? 100s? 1000s? I can't seem to see what the queue looks like before paying for it?
LOL if you order an 3080 tuf OC now you wont get it til mid 2020 and the worst part is im not joking

Associate
Order a lesser known brand. I would try calling them up and asking what card has the smallest queue and go from there.

Associate

Probably PNY or Palit would be the lowest queue's as a guess.

I just spoke to OCUK customer support and I was told that any open boxes will have to be processed and put on the website so most likely I will not get it.

Bit strange but ok...
I was hoping that for open boxes and returns they would call the person above in the queue and ask if they want an open box/return unit instead immediately or wait til the next restock , instead theyre going to put it on the website which anyone can grab it without waiting queue lol..sux

TrM

TrM

Associate
I was hoping that for open boxes and returns they would call the person above in the queue and ask if they want an open box/return unit instead immediately or wait til the next restock , instead theyre going to put it on the website which anyone can grab it without waiting queue lol..sux

since retail stores are not allowed to sell open box items as new its not suprising they list it on the store page i know if i got a open box graphic card mobo cpu etc i would be annoyed. a------ has done it to my dad in the past.

i egt that you want them to offer them to people in the que but ringing and asking people if they want a item thats been open would take some time. plus if we look at it for the evil side they could list it at any price they wanted toget the money the paid on postage :)

Back
Top Bottom