• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Not as bad as I was expecting, 129th for the Gigabyte Gamer OC from the 17:30 (ish) order. Now I just want to here that they've had some Gigabyte shipments.
There were only 13 orders between 14:01 and 15:11 just goes to show how swamped the site was.
If it's based on the queue numbers we're getting they wouldn't include cards that have already been sent out so there might have been more. (If you're going off order numbers or something then ignore me)

Associate
To summarise some of the details from my customer service call just now:
  • I'm *special*, and not in a good way. My order is among 20ish that IT are aware of that rather than getting correclty added to their order number when payment cleared between the payment processor and OC created a new one, making the queue system think I ordered 3pm Saturday 19th rather than 3:16pm Thursday 17th, hence my 1142 position rather than 210ish I should have for the MSI Trio
  • The queue system uses order number, not order time, as customer service were originally told it would. He wasn't sure why (blame IT), since it will be slightly less fair than order time for some people, but apparently won't make much difference for the vase majority.
  • They had in the 6500-7500 region of orders (not sure if that was just the 17th, or total... should have asked).

Associate
To summarise some of the details from my customer service call just now:
  • I'm *special*, and not in a good way. My order is among 20ish that IT are aware of that rather than getting correclty added to their order number when payment cleared between the payment processor and OC created a new one, making the queue system think I ordered 3pm Saturday 19th rather than 3:16pm Thursday 17th, hence my 1142 position rather than 210ish I should have for the MSI Trio
  • The queue system uses order number, not order time, as customer service were originally told it would. He wasn't sure why (blame IT), since it will be slightly less fair than order time for some people, but apparently won't make much difference for the vase majority.
  • They had in the 6500-7500 region of orders (not sure if that was just the 17th, or total... should have asked).
Well based on what people are saying I would've been much closer to 1st in the queue than I am now... so unless they get big shipments rather than itsy bitsy very small shipments then it's a big difference.

Associate
Good to see a lot of "better" queue positions being posted. I do think the unofficial queue position estimator, although well-intentioned, has been a hindrance and caused lot of unnecessary angst.

Associate
Good to see a lot of "better" queue positions being posted. I do think the unofficial queue position estimator, although well-intentioned, has been a hindrance and caused lot of unnecessary angst.
The unofficial queue generator said I was #202 for my Palit non-OC card, my official queue is 73. So some are close to the unofficial queue, some are WAYYYYYYY off

Associate
My original order failed because the website crashed 17 Sep 2020 14:31:00 OC****554

The one that went through @ 17 Sep 2020 14:39:00 OC****905.... Them minutes cost me dearly! :-/

Sat for about 6 hours waiting with F5 that morning haha

Associate
Just wanted to say thanks to OCUK for implementing this system and offering transparency. It'll also put you in great stead for AMD's launches :D

Ordered the Palit OC at 14:38 on 17th and I'm 2nd in the queue. In hindsight should have ordered the non-OC model which probably boosts the same but now I just want a 3080 so I'm not changing!

Associate
MSI Gaming Trio 3080 ordered @ 17/09 15:32
Position 402

Mannnn, this is going to be long. lets hope MSI start seriously stocking retailers up!

Back
Top Bottom