• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What happened with the Zotacs?

Several things. First they had some on general sale rather than offering them to people that were in the queue for another model. Secondly they oversold them, thereby just generating another queue. Thirdly they did not dispatch them in order even though they claim to have a strict first come first served policy, there were numerous reports of people ordering after I did but still getting their shipped (I did not). I spoke to someone at OC about the latter and they claim the most likely scenario is that people were lying about their order time not that they had made a mistake. This excuse just did it for me, blaming the customer rather than admitting they probably messed up.

I have now cancelled the order and will not be coming back. Everything they do regarding the 30xx is either shady or just downright bad.

Last edited:
Associate
50 for general sale and the remaining 150 for staff, friends and prebuilds.

LOL.

Even If the competitor only gets the expected 540 cards (coming from 3 of 7 brands) , and doesn't get any delivery of the as yet unconfirmed brands, they'll clear over a fifth of their orders (2625) in one week.

Soldato
This. If you pay for your power bills, Bitcoin mining is a false economy. There are entire warehouses now dedicated to Bitcoin mining, and with Bitcoin mining software shipping with many graphics cards as standard, the return is diminishing more and more every day. A Bitcoin-mining graphics card on a normal household tariff in the UK will cost more to run than it generates. It's better to spend the time picking at the stock market.

From 2018.. "There are over ten thousand graphics cards on this site alone"

So yeah.... :D:D:D

Associate
LOL.

Even If the competitor only gets the expected 540 cards (coming from 3 of 7 brands) , and doesn't get any delivery of the as yet unconfirmed brands, they'll clear over a fifth of their orders (2625) in one week.
And the amazing thing is because they have closed preorders they won't just be creating more queue, they are genuinely clearing their backlog before opening preorders again. This is an unknown concept to OC

Associate
I must admit I won't be using them again, my card is out for delivery today, but everything I have seen from reporting on cards etc has been poor.. why say an OK amount, just say 27 etc. and prior to that we were all left and in a way still are in limbo.
I do hope my power supply will cope with the new card as it is an RM650X... I have a RM850X on order and that should be here this weekend.... BUT now i'm ordering from a different supplier.

Associate
Just had my shipment email today. Guess I'm getting another GPU.

Looks like OCUK are trying to hush me and want me to go away. Guess I'm getting another 3080 Xtreme. :D

Associate
And the amazing thing is because they have closed preorders they won't just be creating more queue, they are genuinely clearing their backlog before opening preorders again. This is an unknown concept to OC

No it's not "unknown", it's a conscious choice to offer pre-order queue positions to customers who want to get into a queue and can't do it anywhere else. Some people are happy they can join a queue somewhere rather than be faced with perpetual camping stores only to get nothing. If YOU don't think that's a good deal then great, don't join the queue. But some of us think that's fine and are glad it exists.

I wish people would stop talking about this as if it's somehow objectively bad just because they don't like the idea. The service is a choice, no one is forcing you to use it.

Associate
No it's not "unknown", it's a conscious choice to offer pre-order queue positions to customers who want to get into a queue and can't do it anywhere else. Some people are happy they can join a queue somewhere rather than be faced with perpetual camping stores only to get nothing. If YOU don't think that's a good deal then great, don't join the queue. But some of us think that's fine and are glad it exists.

I wish people would stop talking about this as if it's somehow objectively bad just because they don't like the idea. The service is a choice, no one is forcing you to use it.

I do agree it isn't bad, but they should never have let any queue reach up well past the 1000 mark. That part is bad, they should have stopped around 500-1000 queue and only open it back up when it drops down again.

Think someone said they were in the 2000's in one queue! at the going rate might not get a card till 2022 xD

Back
Top Bottom