• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support Are there any official statements coming around why the OC devices are prioritised (or is that a myth?)
This is a myth and we've
Congratulations!
You placed you pre-order about 9 months ago. First in the queue but still had to show great patience for the delivery.

I have to warn you, that the warranty sucks on those things. You can't send it back if it doesn't perform, and the manufacturer definitely won't accept it back into the factory.

It's one of the only products, though, which improves over time.
:D Yes turns out theres no returns policy or extra warranty! I was told to expect loud coil whine with a baby but still........

Associate
Just saw a Palit on at a competitor, for normal price. Manaaged to buy it. Supposedly coming tuesday lol

Got a Palit 3080 probably same place as Dyneee, coming Wednesday if it arrives ok.
TUF Non OC from here will get cancelled as not likely to see it until New year being 289 in Queue and lack of stock coming into OC.

3080 PartAlert on Telegram and Discord did trick.

Same here - apparently secured a Palit OC, ETA Wednesday. We'll see if it arrives.
#55 in queue for Inno X4.

Yeah I managed to order another card that should be with me soon. I am like 50th on the strix oc queue down from 90th, 2 months ago. I'm done with waiting.

Dispatched!!!
It's happening? I can't believe it yet till I have it installed in my rig with this hands.

Associate
Dispatched!!!
It's happening? I can't believe it yet till I have it installed in my rig with this hands.
Awesome right? I have an ASUS TUF oc confirmed to arrive end of this month from a competitor, but I'm gonna cancel that now. Also was 33rd in queue for the Zotac trinity and 3rd for AMP holo. But looking at benchmarks all the 3080s are basically the same in performance.

Associate
in your vague beermat estimate, what sort of timeframe would you guess before ASUS can supply OCUK with 200-odd Non-OC TUFs?
I'll try to get more feedback on this specific card as orders are high, we are talking weeks but I'll try and get a better update.

thanks very much for the reply. i've been stubbornly determined to stick with my original asus 3080 order but have a job coming in the run up to christmas using UE4 in a motion graphics capacity which will test it. the last thing i want to do is fork out an excess fee for an alternative model after waiting so long already, so any further claification you can provide down the line would be welcomed with open arms.

Associate
Sorry been losing too much sleep. To clarify my half reply we are producing TUF non OC cards as well

Appreciate you coming to update people - non-OC definitely feels neglected though. I've been position 15 or less for the normal 3080 TUF for a month, with only cancellations changing my queue number. Where are they disappearing to?

Associate
starting to think EVGA stands for “extra vague graphics arrivals” at this point.
As soon as they supply the US, we may get some. For Exertis to get so few GPUs after 2 months is unreal. This is going to be my last EVGA purchase. Jacob on Twitter is only replying to US customers.

Associate
Hi all, thanks for understand and your kind words! I'll try to cover everything below as I've had loads of questions come through at once. Sorry if this is not good formatting but just means I didn't miss anything hopefully.

Hi, how many gpu's for each model can we reasonably expect to see in say the next two weeks? I'm at position 139 for a TUF OC currently.
I would like to say yes, but we provide the cards and forecasts to OCUK and they would need to confirm.

second any ideas on rough numbers and dates? / are you able to provide any numbers of specific cards heading here?
We are bringing in hundreds in every GPU segment every week, but backorders are large so its tough to confirm dates. We are giving dealers notice on incoming shipments to let them plan ahead and be aware before stock lands.

I think one of the questions we would like answered is what exactly is the cause of the low production quantities?
As Nvidia has stated the demand has been much higher than anticipated. Nvidia and ASUS want to fulfill orders as soon as possible so are working hard to resolve.

I think the answers most people are looking for are timescales, as in what are they? Some more on the way could be a vague as they're leaving the manufacturing plant and still be weeks/months away from the reseller.
We're bringing in hundreds of cards and working to give notice, and stock is landing every week now on almost every GPU.

Polite request but could you please check @Gibbo definition on sizes of deliveries in his thread and work to those by any chance. It appears that you stated that a "very large" delivery was received into OC last week yet they only shipped 35 cards to customers in that queue and that is causing more questions/frustrations than answers...As always your help is appreciated!!! Very large is 100+ by his estimation 35 is "ok" by his estimation.
Thank you and agreed, sorry still catching up.

If possible to get dates and figures for these incoming cards you'll likely save a lot of posts being generated and headache for those waiting as well as yourself!
Because I'm unable to comment on backorders and fulfillment through the supply chain, I could actually get this wrong. And my biggest concern would be setting your expectations and getting it wrong. So I'd rather OCUK provide the information, but I'll check with Gibbo around this.

I am only around 58th in the queue. I assume the next shipment (which will be the first one since launch) will be big enough so I get my card? Is there any indication when the shipment will be, in November?
Finally please clarify the current RMA arrangement ASUS has with OcUK in as much detail as you can. Thank you.

I'd be optimistic this will be fulfilled soon, but at the moment OCUK will confirm with you.

Around the warranty we offer 3 years, and the procedure and terms are set by OCUK, so I'd refer to them for guidance.

in your vague beermat estimate, what sort of timeframe would you guess before ASUS can supply OCUK with 200-odd Non-OC TUFs?
I'll try to get more feedback on this specific card as orders are high, we are talking weeks but I'll try and get a better update.

I'm currently 1103 in the ques for an ASUS TUF OC from Overclockers. Do you think it's most likely I'll get my card early next year?

Associate
As soon as they supply the US, we may get some. For Exertis to get so few GPUs after 2 months is unreal. This is going to be my last EVGA purchase. Jacob on Twitter is only replying to US customers.

this would have been my first EVGA and first NVIDIA card and if I snag a 6800XT then it won’t be either.

Associate
For those in the queue for a Zotac Trinity Non OC, I've just cancelled my order. Was position #33 last Friday.

I managed to buy a 3070FE from a blue competitor about a week ago, and after thorough testing have decided it's more than enough for my use case. I can play all of my games at 1440p, including VR stuff, and stream the content in 900p at 60fps, with no lag or frame drop and it doesn't hit more than 55c.

All of the FPS games, including battle royales will hit 144fps+ at 1440p.

I'm made up because I've saved myself £250.

Good luck to those still waiting but my god I'm glad I don't need to check back on this forum daily for minimal updates.

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support i am 18 in the 3080 Strix OC queue. I want my card within the next 2 weeks. My patience with ASUS/OCUK is wearing thin as i and others are seeing thesw cards show up as in stock in France and Germany yet our backorders are 1200 deep. Can i expect to see my card in the next shipment?

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support i am 18 in the 3080 Strix OC queue. I want my card within the next 2 weeks. My patience with ASUS/OCUK is wearing thin as i and others are seeing thesw cards show up as in stock in France and Germany yet our backorders are 1200 deep. Can i expect to see my card in the next shipment?

Let me prefix this by saying I sympathise, I really do, but spitting out your dummy with petulant demands will get you nowhere. As others told me when I felt equally frustrated, vote with your wallet. Cancel your order and get it form elsewhere otherwise, just like myself, you need to resign yourself to the simple fact that demanding a card will get you nowhere. You either wait it out, as I have chosen to do (minus the anger) or you cancel, those are your two choices right now.

Associate
Let me prefix this by saying I sympathise, I really do, but spitting out your dummy with petulant demands will get you nowhere. As others told me when I felt equally frustrated, vote with your wallet. Cancel your order and get it form elsewhere otherwise, just like myself, you need to resign yourself to the simple fact that demanding a card will get you nowhere. You either wait it out, as I have chosen to do (minus the anger) or you cancel, those are your two choices right now.

As someone in the 30's in the same queue, I very much think cancelling is the right course of action here :D

Back
Top Bottom