• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yeah that's what I did and I got managed to get one. Done with overclockers. Lesson learned. Don't put your faith in them for any hardware launches in the future.

I think its better if they change the name to OverChargers.co.uk.
I can buy almost anything from the competitors website for less

Associate
Where are the lucky MSI Trio brothers who already have these cards that can tell me how amazing the card is and show me pictures and stats from this forum. Help the rest of us out while we are waiting :p

Man of Honour
DPD emails are pretty reliable to be honest, if they say it will be delivered and say you will receive a timeslot in the morning they are spot on usually.

Must have been a delay somewhere, maybe lorry broke down or something.
No, what happens is that the night crew ship the GPU say after 7pm and by this point the last DPD pick up has already happened, but the computer system (DPD's) gets a shipped request and it thinks that it'll still be collected in time for delivery tomorrow, however the collection for that item happens the next day, ready for delivery the day after.

It's happened to a few things I've ordered from OCUK but as it was mentioned in the shipping email I knew to expect it a day later than mentioned by DPD.

Under normal circumstances OCUK don't have a night crew shipping items out so it's never been an issue, but with the COVID work place restrictions they have had to spilt the warehouse staff in order not to fall behind in shipping out orders :)

Man of Honour
giphy.gif
Lol :D

Associate
I'm just slightly ahead, 15:17 and 42nd. Hope we both get them shortly with a large drop!

Thanks!

Looking at competitor tables, they havent had any Ventus 3080's since the 11th either and they are due some this week. So.. keeping my fingers crossed that we could be in luck!

If stock were coming in this week then Gibbo would have posted already, he always posts the incoming stock and if nothing is posted then there's none coming, right? ;)

Soldato
Managed to grab MSI 3080 Ventus oc for rrp off a competitor when it flagged up as being available.

Grabbed a 5600X as well today. Very productive (swap for expensive) day.

My old 4790k with 1080ti might finally be put out to pasture it seems.

Associate
No, what happens is that the night crew ship the GPU say after 7pm and by this point the last DPD pick up has already happened, but the computer system (DPD's) gets a shipped request and it thinks that it'll still be collected in time for delivery tomorrow, however the collection for that item happens the next day, ready for delivery the day after.

It's happened to a few things I've ordered from OCUK but as it was mentioned in the shipping email I knew to expect it a day later than mentioned by DPD.

Under normal circumstances OCUK don't have a night crew shipping items out so it's never been an issue, but with the COVID work place restrictions they have had to spilt the warehouse staff in order not to fall behind in shipping out orders :)

Yes, what your saying is totally understandable. But let me explain. The email you are talking about I received at 16:17. The title of which was "Your order has been shipped". Then as you described it says orders shipped after 7pm won't be picked up by DPD. But again I have the expection that I would receive it today because I received that email was sent before 7pm regardless of its automation.
Later on I got an email from Overclockers but with DPD informations saying I would get it today, so again the expectation is set. It was only today I started to doubt it when I didnt get a delivery time. It was only at about 2:30pmish that I got a email saying I would get it tomorrow instead. I enquired to Overclockers about this and they said they couldn't get my package on the DPD truck because the trailer was full so my order had to stay behind.

Now heres the thing. I use to work in a Fish Factory as a Despatch Tech Op so I have somewhat of a understanding of the working of a warehouse and shipments. I know its two completely different sets of enviroments, but I would imagine its still similar.

I worked for Morrisons, and I use to be responsible for making sure the finished goods lefts for the stores. Finished goods being the packaged fish you see on the store selves incase you didn't know. Anyway I had 7 trailers that needed to be loaded with the correct stock and shipped. Other members of staff would pick the stock onto pallets and I would check the stock on said pallets with a checklist of what I should be expecting on the pallets. If I was missing something it would be raised with management and we would locate missing stock.

For example if I was expecting 100 Cod Fillets and I've only got 95 Cod Fillets, then it would be unacceptable on my part to say its shipped and on the trailer. If for whatever reason there is no stock or the shippment can't be furfilled. Then the order is amended to 95 Cod Fillets. A dispatch email is sent out with a list of whats on the trailer. But ONLY once the trailer is ready to depart.

If I didn't raise the missing 5 Cod Fillets and an email was sent out saying they stores should be expecting 100 Cod Fillets I could get sacked for that because my job was to identify that.

Now I've messed up that job myself when I've missed stock off a trailer and I've been raked over hot coals for it.

In this situation however, the despatch email I received, again regardless of automation was 16:17. My assumption there is that this email was sent prior to the trailer being fully loaded. Which is a terrible idea where I worked because again you got no idea what could go wrong.

Which in the case of Overclockers it did, because they didn't fit the order on the trailer.

*Edit* Again two different enviroments I know. But thats my understand of Despatch.
*Edit 2* Spelling

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, what your saying is totally understandable. But let me explain. The email you are talking about I received at 16:17. The title of which was "Your order has been shipped". Then as you described it says orders shipped after 7pm won't be picked up by DPD. But again I have the expection that I would receive it today because I received that email was sent before 7pm regardless of its automation.
Later on I got an email from Overclockers but with DPD informations saying I would get it today, so again the expectation is set. It was only today I started to doubt it when I didnt get a delivery time. It was only at about 2:30pmish that I got a email saying I would get it tomorrow instead. I enquired to Overclockers about this and they said they couldn't get my package on the DPD truck because the trailer was full so my order had to stay behind.

Now heres the thing. I use to work in a Fish Factory as a Despatch Tech Op so I have somewhat of a understanding of the working of a warehouse and shipments. I know its two completely different sets of enviroments, but I would imagine its still similar.

I worked for Morrisons, and I use to be responsible for making sure the finished goods lefts for the stores. Finished goods being the packaged fish you see on the store selves incase you didn't know. Anyway I had 7 trailers that needed to be loaded with the correct stock and shipped. Other members of staff would pick the stock onto pallets and I would check the stock on said pallets with a checklist of what I should be expecting on the pallets. If I was missing something it would be raised with management and we would locate missing stock.

For example if I was expecting 100 Cod Fillets and I've only got 95 Cod Fillets, then it would be unacceptable on my part to say its shipped and on the trailer. If for whatever reason there is no stock or the shippment can't be furfilled. Then the order is amended to 95 Cod Fillets. A dispatch email is sent out with a list of whats on the trailer. But ONLY once the trailer is ready to depart.

If I didn't raise the missing 5 Cod Fillets and an email was sent out saying they stores should be expecting 100 Cod Fillets I could get sacked for that because my job was to identify that.

Now I've messed up that job myself when I've missed stock off a trailer and I've been raked over hot coals for it.

In this situation however, the despatch email I received, again regardless of automation was 16:17. My assumption there is that this email was sent prior to the trailer being fully loaded. Which is a terrible idea where I worked because again you got no idea what could go wrong.

Which in the case of Overclockers it did, because they didn't fit the order on the trailer.

*Edit* Again two different enviroments I know. But thats my understand of Despatch.
*Edit 2* Spelling

I'd ask for a refund on the postage. You paid for next day delivery and got a 48 hour delivery instead, just icing on the cake for how Overchargers are handling this entire situation.

Man of Honour

*Edit 2* Spelling
I'll read your post in full later, but when I read your initial post you mentioned the email came in last night, but you've now clarified that it was 4:17pm, which isn't night for me, it's afternoon, so theres the issue, lost in translation :p

As to why that happened then, not sure, something else must have happened?

Associate
I'll read your post in full later, but when I read your initial post you mentioned the email came in last night, but you've now clarified that it was 4:17pm, which isn't night for me, it's afternoon, so theres the issue, lost in translation :p

As to why that happened then, not sure, something else must have happened?

Yeah sorry, maybe that was a mistake on my part too then.
I understand, take a moment to read in full when you can.
But I explained what happened in the message. But to answer the question here too. They told me there wasn't enough room on the trailer.
But in the full message I explain why that isn't acceptable so when you can please read it.

Back
Top Bottom