• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Looking at my current options on here (pos 13 for ASUS Strix OC)

I'm currently running GTX 1080 @ 1440p
Would a side 'upgrade' to a 3060ti be worth while? or just go for a full refund and wait for a 3080 to drop in the future.

Thanks in advance

Associate
Depends on what games you are playing, but I would recommend to go as high as possible. With my 3080@1440p I get 85 FPS in some AAA games such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla (max settings). And I really want to play such games on max settings and enjoy the beauty of their worlds.

So, for my son's computer I opted out for one of the 3070Tis Gibbo offered and a refund the difference. I think it is a 1080p card, but if you are OK to play AAA games on medium-high settings, it should be fine for 1440p resolutions.

Associate
Depends on what games you are playing, but I would recommend to go as high as possible. With my 3080@1440p I get 85 FPS in some AAA games such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla (max settings). And I really want to play such games on max settings and enjoy the beauty of their worlds.

So, for my son's computer I opted out for one of the 3070Tis Gibbo offered and a refund the difference. I think it is a 1080p card, but if you are OK to play AAA games on medium-high settings, it should be fine for 1440p resolutions.

I play a lot of AAA FPS games like RB6 Siege and Warzone playing on them with High settings at the moment (with a i7 8700k)
Thanks for the info I'll hold on to my money :)

Associate
Happy Anniversary, I am back bois.
Place my order for Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC for £720 one year ago today and got the card 4months later.
So hows everything going?

Associate
On Friday I was number 87 in the queue for the Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC. On Monday I ordered the LHR version as offered by Gibbo and it arrived this morning — thanks Gibbo and team!

My brain still insists on reading “LHR” as “London Heathrow” but I guess that’s just me…

Associate
Happy Anniversary, I am back bois.
Place my order for Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC for £720 one year ago today and got the card 4months later.
So hows everything going?

I just popped back in to see how it is going as well lol.
I left the Strix OC queue (£840) a month ago after 10 months of waiting and still +200 in the queue. I bit the bullet on a Strix 3080ti OC (£ please don't ask, I don't want to cry again).

How's your 3080 treating you?

Associate
Looking at my current options on here (pos 13 for ASUS Strix OC)

I'm currently running GTX 1080 @ 1440p
Would a side 'upgrade' to a 3060ti be worth while? or just go for a full refund and wait for a 3080 to drop in the future.

Thanks in advance
3070 or 3070 ti is the best for 1440p, however a 3060 ti will serve you well at 1440p

Associate
cant believe its been over a year now since 3080 released, everyone got their cards or at least a good alternative now? also i just bought a 1080p 280hz monitor from asus XD, and it's arriving today, cant wait

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
cant believe its been over a year now since 3080 released, everyone got their cards or at least a good alternative now? also i just bought a 1080p 280hz monitor from asus XD, and it's arriving today, cant wait
Unfortunately not. We keep offering alternatives but people are still stubbornly holding out faint hope for some sort of supply miracle. I'm kinda hoping that the only people left are scalpers and miners who are just trying their luck but I'm not confident of that.

OcUK Staff
Unfortunately not. We keep offering alternatives but people are still stubbornly holding out faint hope for some sort of supply miracle. I'm kinda hoping that the only people left are scalpers and miners who are just trying their luck but I'm not confident of that.

Supply is weakening across all GPU's now. 3080's are EOL so the chances now are none existent, can't even find 6600 XT presently and 3060/3060Ti supply is all but dried up.

Remainder of year is looking very bleak.

Associate
Hello, I havnt checked the forums in a while and is under the impression that I need to wait my turn to receive an email with upgrade offers. Is this still the case or would I need to contact OC to check my upgrade offers ?

Soldato
A lot of people never received any upgrade offers by email and do not check the forums. So its not scalpers and miners but genuine customers waiting who from there point of view are getting told nothing apart from the Queue Position emails unless they contact OCUK themselfs which many are not. I didn't contacted OCUK myself until this week because I heard nothing apart from my Queue Position by email. While the upgrade offers are very much appreciated we cannot take them if we don't know about them and many do not use the forums. Might I suggest with the new queue update email you send out an email saying these products are EoL these are your options.

Personally overall I am happy with how OCUK handled this though I do think the email communications could have been a little better.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hello, I havnt checked the forums in a while and is under the impression that I need to wait my turn to receive an email with upgrade offers. Is this still the case or would I need to contact OC to check my upgrade offers ?

Please feel free to contact us as it’s pretty much open book now as we won’t be getting any more 3080’s customers need to contact us to get a refund or change to another produxt, the GPU update thread has a list of alternative products to choose from of which we still have many left particular 3060Ti as we’re keeping online prices very high so people with back orders can get a deal.

Associate
Please feel free to contact us as it’s pretty much open book now as we won’t be getting any more 3080’s customers need to contact us to get a refund or change to another produxt, the GPU update thread has a list of alternative products to choose from of which we still have many left particular 3060Ti as we’re keeping online prices very high so people with back orders can get a deal.

Thank you, I sent a webnote and was told only the palit Pro is available from the 3080s but I am not interested in that model. Will OC receive 3080 lhr tuf oc in the future or am I better off refunding ?

OcUK Staff
Thank you, I sent a webnote and was told only the palit Pro is available from the 3080s but I am not interested in that model. Will OC receive 3080 lhr tuf oc in the future or am I better off refunding ?

We get very little forward visibility and LHR numbers are extremely small, your better really going with like a 3070Ti or 3060Ti in all honesty.

Associate
To confirm I ordered almost a year ago and in position 400 ish and have never had any type of offer provided ? and stopped looking at the forums as every week was another week of dissapointment. Anyone going to give ma another option ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom