• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Well yesterday was the first in a very long time I tried to get an upgrade.

Very aware of the shortages around so I created a couple of alerting bots (only alerting so don't flame me) that were monitoring for site changes around both the 3070Ti FE and the 3070FE (the one I really wanted, hoping for a drop on that) and this was mainly out of curiosity as on my comp, I was sitting like a clown F5'ing like the rest of us but being careful not to get locked out of nVidia's site, something I had before with manually F5'ing.

These are quick little bots that just check for the item status change and they run lightning fast, they just play a sound when it does. We cannot refresh or click as fast and I will tell you something, specifically on the Ti page, neither bot registered the change to anything other than sold out at all. Went straight to sold out. Interestingly too, neither of these bots got locked out of nVidia's site..........so I have a suspicion that nVidia lift restrictions like that at launch time expecting the frenzy which just opens the door right up to bots.

So the people doing this are either inside/connected somehow or pure wizards of speed............or have literally hundreds of bots to get single units.

It is an absolutely hopeless exercise.

And I just cannot fathom why people pay the scalper money............I mean, it's not a kidney is it? You are going to be ok without that card...........right?

:D

Anyway.....hoping to just let the dust settle and pray for normality.

If this is the new way of the PCMR...........consoles it is.

J

Associate
Unless the site crashed there's also a real possibility that the stock didn't arrive for launch day.
I had a few sights up...one of the other sites was saying they had stock, but there was no button to buy it...lasted 10 mins then said sold out. I'm beginning to think you have to know someone now otherwise you'll never get a card.
They did have a MSI RTX 3060 trio with 1TB WD SN850 for £720 I think. I nearly went for it out of desperation as have only a laptop at mo running i5 6200 so getting on a bit, but really don't want anything less than a 3070, max 3080. Want to get a 1440p widescreen monitor so can view multiple pages for work, then game after...just not sure how powerful a3060 is going to be. most reviewers say it's really a 1080p card..but other than ebay, don't think I've seen anything for sale available other than ebay, other than 3090 non Fe at ridiculous prices.
Yeah, nvidia went from nother, refresh to 3070ti appearing and sold out straight away...class act. Imagine what they would be like if they bought ARM

Associate
I had a few sights up...one of the other sites was saying they had stock, but there was no button to buy it...lasted 10 mins then said sold out. I'm beginning to think you have to know someone now otherwise you'll never get a card.
They did have a MSI RTX 3060 trio with 1TB WD SN850 for £720 I think. I nearly went for it out of desperation as have only a laptop at mo running i5 6200 so getting on a bit, but really don't want anything less than a 3070, max 3080. Want to get a 1440p widescreen monitor so can view multiple pages for work, then game after...just not sure how powerful a3060 is going to be. most reviewers say it's really a 1080p card..but other than ebay, don't think I've seen anything for sale available other than ebay, other than 3090 non Fe at ridiculous prices.
Yeah, nvidia went from nother, refresh to 3070ti appearing and sold out straight away...class act. Imagine what they would be like if they bought ARM
For reference my 1080ti plays most games at 100fps pinned with Gysnc (my refresh rate) all Ulta at 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide 1440p, that is, all games up to about 2019/2020, it is now struggling with any big new games. Compare the 1080ti to the 3060 and you will get a bit of an idea.

Associate
For reference my 1080ti plays most games at 100fps pinned with Gysnc (my refresh rate) all Ulta at 3440x1440 21:9 1440p, that is, all games up to about 2019/2020, it is now struggling with any big new games. Compare the 1080ti to the 3060 and you will get a bit of an idea.

Yeah it was Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC finally showing me that my 1080ti was an old boy and struggling to keep up. As for Cyberpunk 2077 though, that was like oof.

Associate
Well yesterday was the first in a very long time I tried to get an upgrade.

Very aware of the shortages around so I created a couple of alerting bots (only alerting so don't flame me) that were monitoring for site changes around both the 3070Ti FE and the 3070FE (the one I really wanted, hoping for a drop on that) and this was mainly out of curiosity as on my comp, I was sitting like a clown F5'ing like the rest of us but being careful not to get locked out of nVidia's site, something I had before with manually F5'ing.

These are quick little bots that just check for the item status change and they run lightning fast, they just play a sound when it does. We cannot refresh or click as fast and I will tell you something, specifically on the Ti page, neither bot registered the change to anything other than sold out at all. Went straight to sold out. Interestingly too, neither of these bots got locked out of nVidia's site..........so I have a suspicion that nVidia lift restrictions like that at launch time expecting the frenzy which just opens the door right up to bots.

So the people doing this are either inside/connected somehow or pure wizards of speed............or have literally hundreds of bots to get single units.

It is an absolutely hopeless exercise.

And I just cannot fathom why people pay the scalper money............I mean, it's not a kidney is it? You are going to be ok without that card...........right?

:D

Anyway.....hoping to just let the dust settle and pray for normality.

If this is the new way of the PCMR...........consoles it is.

J

This

I get the miners paying scalping prices, but why on earth would a gamer. Is pc gaming (not linked to how you earn a living) such a big part of your life as to pay those prices...feel sorry for those

Associate
Yeah it was Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC finally showing me that my 1080ti was an old boy and struggling to keep up. As for Cyberpunk 2077 though, that was like oof.
Haha same with RDR2, that's why I never bought CP either.

I'm ordering an 11900k soon that will breathe a little life into my GPU with physics heavy games (maybe) and I'll just keep my eye out for a 3090 that is on the lower end of the stupid high prices.

Last edited:
Associate
For reference my 1080ti plays most games at 100fps pinned with Gysnc (my refresh rate) all Ulta at 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide 1440p, that is, all games up to about 2019/2020, it is now struggling with any big new games. Compare the 1080ti to the 3060 and you will get a bit of an idea.

I am sat here with my 1070 :D with 2 1440p screens 144hz.

Certainly can not wait to get a new GPU.

Associate
I am sat here with my 1070 :D with 2 1440p screens 144hz.

Certainly can not wait to get a new GPU.
Damn. I stuck with the perfect balance of monitor and GPU for the last few years. 1440p aultrawide has been perfect, my mate bought a 4k monitor and a 1080ti and he's been struggling to drive it ever since.

Associate
What's the point in even paying attention to release statements, you cant't buy them. At this rate 4000 series will be easier to get.

Associate
You know what really bugs me? I have 1 form of social media (Instagram) and Nvidia just keep spamming it like everything is fine and dandy, they are all like 'Its the Summer of RTX', '30xx GPUs out now, go buy one for the ultimate gaming experience' and all that crap. They are simply ignoring the fact that absolutely no one can get ahold of them. It makes them seem completely detached from their consumers which in turn makes them look completely arrogant.

Associate
Were there ever any 3070 TI FE'S available? I was sitting looking at the Nvidia website for hours and never saw the button change from 'Out of stock'...

Didn't see any in the UK. Got a Telegram alert that they were available in France and Spain, and from the sounds of the buildapc sub on reddit they were also released in the US.

Back
Top Bottom