• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Out of curiosity is there any ideas right now on how to handle it?
Just PM every forum member above a certain post count and/or join date a raffle ticket then randomly draw tickets to offer the winners the chance to purchase, give them 24hrs and if they don't want to purchase or don't respond draw another number.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Just PM every forum member above a certain post count and/or join date a raffle ticket then randomly draw tickets to offer the winners the chance to purchase, give them 24hrs and if they don't want to purchase or don't respond draw another number.
Not possible, not got the ability to generate that many "tickets", we have no automated way to "redeem" them, so it's still a manual process, and not all forum members have access to the "PM" system.

Associate
You are sitting on a hot item right now with customers lining up for it and you can't even sell them because the second you don't appear to do it fairly there will be all kinds of backlash.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
You are sitting on a hot item right now with customers lining up for it and you can't even sell them because the second you don't appear to do it fairly there will be all kinds of backlash.
yup :(
We want to get those cards into the hands of genuine customers but the only realistic way to do that is to tightly control who has access to the sale, which will infuriate those who don't. Even then, we are aware that no system is perfect and there will be people who take the p***

Associate
Honestly, they’re engaging with the community in a straightforward way and although I’ve been using OC for at least 10 years I hadn’t joined the forums because I didn’t want to sign up to yet another thing. That’s not to say I regret that attitude as it saved me from following the herd to the likes of Facebook et al, but it leaves me out of the MM for at least the next year or more as I just don’t post that much.

It’s a one-size-fits-all approach but you have to consider the proportionality of any proposed course of action. What will it cost them given they’re already taking a bath on the cards anyway? They could just say “sod it” and let the bots snap up the cards, after all they get the money regardless, but they’re trying to avoid it. Give them a break, lose the conspiracy theories and just take a deep breath before posting ad hominem attacks. You just make yourself look like a petulant child.

Associate
Honestly, they’re engaging with the community in a straightforward way and although I’ve been using OC for at least 10 years I hadn’t joined the forums because I didn’t want to sign up to yet another thing. That’s not to say I regret that attitude as it saved me from following the herd to the likes of Facebook et al, but it leaves me out of the MM for at least the next year or more as I just don’t post that much.

It’s a one-size-fits-all approach but you have to consider the proportionality of any proposed course of action. What will it cost them given they’re already taking a bath on the cards anyway? They could just say “sod it” and let the bots snap up the cards, after all they get the money regardless, but they’re trying to avoid it. Give them a break, lose the conspiracy theories and just take a deep breath before posting ad hominem attacks. You just make yourself look like a petulant child.
Exactly, they are doing what all the other stockists are failing to do. They are trying to be fair. Props where due imo.

Associate
We want to get those cards into the hands of genuine customers but the only realistic way to do that is to tightly control who has access to the sale, which will infuriate those who don't. Even then, we are aware that no system is perfect and there will be people who take the p***
You'll never please everyone so don't feel bad about pulling the trigger on whatever you decide to do. It's been clear that you're trying to do the right thing and that's all you can do. You'll get backlash from the warriors no matter what you do.

Associate
Repackage the card out of the box - that way anyone scalping is going to have difficulty passing it off as unused.

I agree with the comments above - at least you are trying to do something to get the cards into the right hands. Just a shame I did not create a forum user back in 2010!

Associate
Repackage the card out of the box - that way anyone scalping is going to have difficulty passing it off as unused.

I agree with the comments above - at least you are trying to do something to get the cards into the right hands. Just a shame I did not create a forum user back in 2010!
Even if you did, the odds are so small of you snagging one. You'd have to be on the MM at the right time etc. Do what I'm doing and buy a lottery ticket this week instead because you've probably got a better chance.

Associate
problem is, once you've decided a way to do it, how are you going to broadcast it.....

I mean. I want my hat in the ring.... but I don't spend 24/7 hooked to the forums, but I REALLY want one. can even do local pick up....

Bullit

Associate
problem is, once you've decided a way to do it, how are you going to broadcast it.....

I mean. I want my hat in the ring.... but I don't spend 24/7 hooked to the forums, but I REALLY want one. can even do local pick up....

Bullit
This is no doubt part of the problem they face, if they just announce codes or whatever on the forum they'll get moaned at for favouring those can sit and watch the forum all day with an auto refresh chrome extension.

Soldato

Hi.

I'm a genuine customer with a genuine need of a graphics card to play games.

Can you sort me out? :D

Ill take photos of the card in action in s month's time or whatever, you can even come to my house and see it for yourself I'll put the kettle on and even get in some posh biscuits.

Associate
Hi.

I'm a genuine customer with a genuine need of a graphics card to play games.

Can you sort me out? :D

Ill take photos of the card in action in s month's time or whatever, you can even come to my house and see it for yourself I'll put the kettle on and even get in some posh biscuits.
lol, I have Choco Leibniz right now, can you beat that?

Associate
Might be a bit late, but perhaps the best system is something like whats done for FE cards?
Limit purchases to 1 card per delivery / billing address / customer name.
Its far from perfect, but its better than nothing.
The forum deals are a nice idea, but the codes just get leaked anyway so unfortunately probably not the solution.

Associate
Might be a bit late, but perhaps the best system is something like whats done for FE cards?
Limit purchases to 1 card per delivery / billing address / customer name.
Its far from perfect, but its better than nothing.
The forum deals are a nice idea, but the codes just get leaked anyway so unfortunately probably not the solution.
Bots can obviously penetrate that system I would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom