• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Because if you don't want to spend more money on a gpu, then.. erm.. don't and wait until the one you actually want is available.
The only reason people would trade up is "to get it quicker" unless reviews come out and they re-evaluate what they want and its suitability, etc.. but ultimately that is a choice you make, nobody forces anything. That is why its funny and also why scalping works, it seems.

And yes, it is on me. I can choose not to wait for the card if I want, there is a cancellation option pinned on the forum. I choose to wait. Me, nobody forced me to.

It's one thing being disappointed because something didn't go your way, but another to say its being forced upon you when its not, period.
No, scalping works because there are no cards available... if there was loads of cards and everyone got their cards, there would be no scalping at all.... those scalpers would now be sitting on a ton of stock lol
Because if you don't want to spend more money on a gpu, then.. erm.. don't and wait until the one you actually want is available.
The only reason people would trade up is "to get it quicker" unless reviews come out and they re-evaluate what they want and its suitability, etc.. but ultimately that is a choice you make, nobody forces anything. That is why its funny and also why scalping works, it seems.

And yes, it is on me. I can choose not to wait for the card if I want, there is a cancellation option pinned on the forum. I choose to wait. Me, nobody forced me to.

It's one thing being disappointed because something didn't go your way, but another to say its being forced upon you when its not, period.
Lmao good on you! ;)

Associate
No, scalping works because there are no cards available... if there was loads of cards and everyone got their cards, there would be no scalping at all.... those scalpers would now be sitting on a ton of stock lol

Lmao good on you! ;)
If there are no cards available, there would be none to scalp, but more importantly, people wouldn't be able to post about their cards turning up in the forums.. yes, they are sparse.. extremely.. and yeah there clearly are supply issues, but they do exist and in a few months, all will be forgotten until next time :p

My only issue, is against the stating of things being "forced". I too want my card yesterday, but it ain't happening, but there is no force being applied by anybody.

Associate
If there are no cards available, there would be none to scalp, but more importantly, people wouldn't be able to post about their cards turning up in the forums.. yes, they are sparse.. extremely.. and yeah there clearly are supply issues, but they do exist and in a few months, all will be forgotten until next time :p

My only issue, is against the stating of things being "forced". I too want my card yesterday, but it ain't happening, but there is no force being applied by anybody.

Haha yes, many ways to skin a cat? :) ill take it back on the word " forced " change to left with few viable options :) it comes down to what you need it for, what hardware you might have and your personal circumstances.. i just upgraded my whole system and monitor so for me the best option atm is to wait..

Associate

My issue is that Nvidia didn't want any pre-orders, yet come release day pretty much everyone who wanted one was forced to pre-order.

Nvidia aren't a small time company who produce limited supplies, they've been around quite some time. Whoever made the decision to release a card and only supply a very limited stock on a certain day done it either by plan or with negligence.

They knew well in advance what the release date was going to be and to have vendors stating they have factories which can pump out 50k a week or more and yet only a trickle arrive stinks.

Associate
Did Jensen come to your house and point a gun at you until you pre-ordered, or did you decide that since there's no alterative and you want it asap.. that you would pre-order? The only force, is coming from yourself.
Assuming you have pre-ordered.. and if you haven't well, there you go.

Side note: Nvidia aren't taking pre-orders anyway.. neither are most of the retailers (now, in the UK at least)

Associate
Did Jensen come to your house and point a gun at you until you pre-ordered, or did you decide that since there's no alterative and you want it asap.. that you would pre-order? The only force, is coming from yourself.

Side note: Nvidia aren't taking pre-orders anyway.. neither is most of the retailers (UK at least)
Jensen actually did this to me...
So maybe he did to them.

I can still smell the leather :(

Associate
How? he had a gun to the back of my head whilst whispering sweet nothing in my ear “more than 260% more powerful than your 1070 strix oc “

Doesn't happen often, but he took it off when he visited me.. I got the missus to steal it whilst I was checking out here. He was focussed on the order going through.

Associate

No. He stated that he would release a GPU on a date. I sold my GPU to buy the new GPU on that date. Now I'm left with no GPU until god knows when.
I ordered a 3080 from OC but failed to make the initial order so cancelled it to get a 3090. Couldn't bag a 3090 from OC but found one elsewhere, which wasn't actually in stock and then got delayed with no delivery date. Then found another in stock, which got cancelled on the delivery day due to no stock, and now have just pre-ordered another from OC with no delivery date in sight. It wasn't a release date, it was a pre-order date disguised as a release date.

I can understand things like the PS5 being backordered due to high demand (nearly everyone I know wants one), but a £1500 video card?

Associate
good price that kfa 3090 tbh.

The only other thing about the KFA2 3090 SG IMHO is it's perhaps the least aesthetically pleasing card out of the whole bunch. I do like the RGB support bracket though. My system is closed, so it don't matter that much. If I can turn the RGB off then I will do. It's a close call between the EVGA and Strix as regards pleasing to the eye, for me anyway.

Associate
No. He stated that he would release a GPU on a date. I sold my GPU to buy the new GPU on that date. Now I'm left with no GPU until god knows when.
I ordered a 3080 from OC but failed to make the initial order so cancelled it to get a 3090. Couldn't bag a 3090 from OC but found one elsewhere, which wasn't actually in stock and then got delayed with no delivery date. Then found another in stock, which got cancelled on the delivery day due to no stock, and now have just pre-ordered another from OC with no delivery date in sight.

I can understand things like the PS5 being backordered due to high demand (nearly everyone I know wants one), but a £1500 video card?
Seems like you should have kept your original pre order...
Unless Jensen forced you not to

Associate

Well, if one shows up..anywhere, its gone in seconds.. and they do show up from time to time.. so what does that tell you?
All I know is, I know a lot of people that want a 30 series card and hardly anybody who wants a new console. Guess it depends on who you know.

Associate
Well, if one shows up..anywhere, its gone in seconds.. and they do show up from time to time.. so what does that tell you?
All I know is, I know a lot of people that want a 30 series card and hardly anybody who wants a new console. Guess it depends on who you know.
It tells me that a factory which claims can pump out 50,000 cards per week which knew months in advance the release date is being held back on orders either on purpose or through negligence.

Associate
It tells me that a factory which claims can pump out 50,000 cards per week which knew months in advance the release date is being held back on orders either on purpose or through negligence.
Let’s face it is probably on purpose (pulling a Nintendo) but we have corona and also china had its golden week so some delay has to be expected.
Don’t get me wrong I’m annoyed too. I don’t like people having my cash and me having nothing to show for it but that’s the way the cookie is crumbling. Also like has been said before no one has been “forced” .
I’m just lucky by 1070 is going in gfs pc so kept it so it’s her loosing out right now not me.

Back
Top Bottom