• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
they are bloody close together, cant you get the other card lower down

It's an matx board so that's the only space for it, I will probably change to an atx board but I'm on socket 1155 and don't want to change my CPU, 750w psu is fine for these cards in sli they are very efficient,

Soldato
It's an matx board so that's the only space for it, I will probably change to an atx board but I'm on socket 1155 and don't want to change my CPU, 750w psu is fine for these cards in sli they are very efficient,

No need to go ATX. I have Matx also having the cards that close is fine. It helps if you have high pressure fans to get air over the gpus

Last edited:
Soldato
As tidy as I can get my setup:

2e4969u.jpg

I really need a nicer looking SLI bridge! Cards sit at ~57-59C on idle with fan on Auto @ 1%. For those thinking of going SLI, do it! :D

Associate
Guys can you help me decide which GTX 970 to purchase? Thinking of going SLI as well.

Was thinking of getting the MSI but worried about issues some users are reporting. However I do want to benefit from the 0db feature.

Shame the Gigabyte doesn't have it.

Soldato
As tidy as I can get my setup:

2e4969u.jpg

I really need a nicer looking SLI bridge! Cards sit at ~57-59C on idle with fan on Auto @ 1%. For those thinking of going SLI, do it! :D

That looks class Adz :cool: I wanna go SLI but my CPU is too old/slow. What motherboard have you got, are both cards running at 16X speed on the PCI-E slot? Can you run Heaven for us too?

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys can you help me decide which GTX 970 to purchase? Thinking of going SLI as well.

Was thinking of getting the MSI but worried about issues some users are reporting. However I do want to benefit from the 0db feature.

There have only been a few issues with the MSI cards. Namely due to the sticker on the fan being ripped off (although I reckon they are using that as a cop out)

That said, just RMA it if you do.

Quick question should I upgrade from a GTX 770 to a GTX 970 I'm gaming at 2560x1080, cheers.

What games do you play?

My MSI 970 copes at that res fine. BF4 with high settings and I average 120 fps easily.

Soldato
There have only been a few issues with the MSI cards. Namely due to the sticker on the fan being ripped off (although I reckon they are using that as a cop out)

That said, just RMA it if you do.

What games do you play?

My MSI 970 copes at that res fine. BF4 with high settings and I average 120 fps easily.

Mostly play BF4 at the moment.

Soldato

The Asus Strix is 100% reliable but you cant up its voltage, so the overclock is limited, it's still very powerful though :eek:...SLI will be a monster at 1080p !!!...............i played at 4X last night thinking it would be a problem, it wasn't; dead easy

it looks great too..pure quality

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I've decided I think I'm going to go for it...

Asus or MSI, hmm...

I've had both a 560Ti and a 670 from MSI with the Twin-frozr or whatever they call it now and to be honest they were both really good so I'm tempted to stick with what I know (though the Strix looks really nice as well)

Back
Top Bottom