• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

If you didn't want to edit your bios I have uploaded mine here

MSI Gaming 970

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51687183634051522163

Thats with a +125% power limit and voltages set to 1.275v

Open with Kepler Bios Editor and have a look at what I changed

How are you finding the increased volts? A guy on overclock is saying that changing anything other than max power target is making his card unstable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1517316/...build-and-new-nvflash-5-190/190#post_23043345

SLI offset voltage bug fixed with modded bios:-

Untitled_zps300be627.png

Not at liberty to say what we changed in the bios file yet until we do some more testing, but just wanted to let you guys know that it can be fixed, so hopefully will be going "live" soon.

Speaking to Galax engineers about the power state lag issue and also about upping the Galax EX OC cards up to 1.25v from 1.212v to match the likes of MSI, Gigabyte etc. Already has a 125% power limit.

SLI offset voltage bug fixed with modded bios:-

Untitled_zps300be627.png

Not at liberty to say what we changed in the bios file yet until we do some more testing, but just wanted to let you guys know that it can be fixed, so hopefully will be going "live" soon.

Speaking to Galax engineers about the power state lag issue and also about upping the Galax EX OC cards up to 1.25v from 1.212v to match the likes of MSI, Gigabyte etc. Already has a 125% power limit.

gibbo, have ocuk raised the 'power state lag' issue with any of the manufacturers? it's probably not something that people see very much if they're only running more demanding games and benches, it only seems to affect applications with lower requirements.

edit: on an unrelated note, why do i not see 'perfcap' reason in gpu-z?

Last edited:
gibbo, have ocuk raised the 'power state lag' issue with any of the manufacturers? it's probably not something that people see very much if they're only running more demanding games and benches, it only seems to affect applications with lower requirements.

I suspect as it only affects cards when heavily overclocked most manufacturers/Nvidia will say it isn't a problem.

So, so far you can only increase the power % not the voltage? I can get to 1550mhz but its maxxing out at 112% so obviously I need more juice.

Voltage adjusment seems to be working on some cards and not others. We just need to figuire out the correct tables for editing. Most people are using Kepler Bios Editor atm (unless you're brave and go the direct hex edit route) which obviously needs a new release to support Maxwell correctly.

I suspect as it only affects cards when heavily overclocked most manufacturers/Nvidia will say it isn't a problem.

hmm it affects mine when not heavily overclocked! at what base (or boost) clock does it stop happening for you? mine needs to be 1450 or lower. which i suppose compared to reference is quite a heavy overclock, but not so much compared to factory o/c which boosts to 1366 on mine. though mine is a 980 so i'm polluting this thread a bit! but nobody talks about this on the 980 thread.

Voltage adjusment seems to be working on some cards and not others. We just need to figuire out the correct tables for editing. Most people are using Kepler Bios Editor atm (unless you're brave and go the direct hex edit route) which obviously needs a new release to support Maxwell correctly.

Gotcha.

Just for reference I'm using the Asus Strix 970 and after increasing the power value target it worked (I assume, even though its not going anywhere near max).

I'm still locked at +38mV though on voltage.

hmm it affects mine when not heavily overclocked! at what base (or boost) clock does it stop happening for you? mine needs to be 1450 or lower. which i suppose compared to reference is quite a heavy overclock, but not so much compared to factory o/c which boosts to 1366 on mine. though mine is a 980 so i'm polluting this thread a bit! but nobody talks about this on the 980 thread.

Mine is fine at 1480mhz boost or below.

I've had a few problems with the 344.48 drivers, has anyone come across the following?

TV on HDMI, monitor on displayport I get image corruption and flickering on the displayport monitor, when I roll back to the 344.16 drivers it disappears.

- Good on HDMI - http://imgur.com/QlTelxW
- Corrupted on Displayport - http://i.imgur.com/XcfespY.jpg
- Video of corruption and flickering - http://youtu.be/dC5A97IQVn8

Attempting to change resolution results in both monitors losing signal and powering down, have to reset/reboot to log back in, changing resolution works fine with the 344.16.

And also still seeing as issue I had with the 344.16 where on boot where both displays would occasionally fail to start and require a restart (the same behaviour observed when attempting to change resolution)

I'm running with the following, all running stock, no OC:
- Gigabyte GTX970 G1 (BIOS 84.04.1F.00.B4)
- Asus X99-S (BIOS 1004)
- i7 5820K
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz
- Corsair MX100 SSD 512GB
- Windows 8.1 x86_64
- SuperFlower Leadex Gold 850W
- Dell u2410 (displayport), Samsung 42" TV on HDMI

Could this be a duff card or motherboard?

Last edited:
0.123mv difference between my 2 cards under load is annoying me now...

If you didn't want to edit your bios I have uploaded mine here

MSI Gaming 970

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51687183634051522163

Thats with a +125% power limit and voltages set to 1.275v

Open with Kepler Bios Editor and have a look at what I changed

I updated my BIOS as JamesM kindly provided for my MSI GTX970's and the voltage (VDDC) sticks at 1.275v in SLI on both. :)

Obviously, a risk changing the vBIOS. ;)

......(Must remember to change my sig) ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom