• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Will I be losing much by getting the Asus Strix over the MSI? I know the former only has one 8-pin PCI-E power connector but does it really make much of a difference overclocking wise? AFAIK, these cards don't really allow for significant overvolting anyways. I don't care if I'm going to squeeze 25-50mhz less from the Asus because I only care about real world performance gains (if there's likely to be a 100+mhz gap between the two, then I might reconsider).

Is the Asus less likely to whine? I've also heard the RPM of the fans is capped at 43% and that it can cause throttling.

TBH, what worries me the most is the supposedly horrible RMA;/ I hope it's not as bad as people say.

bev4v5.jpg

Still playing about with my setup. Pretty much finished everything.
Just added an extra 140mm fan I had lying around to cool the cards a bit more.

GPU sag was more than I'd like so a couple of pieces of dowel will have to do :)

I have a weird fan spike and i don't know what is causing it...

the fans on my g1 ramdomly ramps up to the max and goes back to 35%

did anyone notice the same problem ?

Yeah, i had the same problem too. It would even ramp up if alt tabbed out of a game, then when i got back into the game it would somewhat go back to normal. >.<

Tried those settings, still no good it's like the game pauses to load in the textures could be my hard drive speed possibly? I've tried it with my 970's in sli and with sli switched off and it makes no difference to be honest the game looks better running at a higher resolution with dsr and everything else maxed out

reply I got after contacting zotac regards coils whine.

Dear Sir,

For the modern high performance graphic cards, there are some noise will be generated by the coils.
This is normal behaviour for the electronic products. If you have a good case, most of the noise will be covered.
In fact, the noise from the fansink should be much higher than the noise from the coils.

B.rgds
Peter Tang
[email protected]

so I never got a zotac card ;)

Hey, does anyone know what the main difference between the Gigabyte Windforce and G1 is? In Denmark I can find the Windforce in stock and was hoping it had the same power circuitry as the G1 and could possibly run a G1 BIOS in future...

Back
Top Bottom