• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Personally, i can't decide between the MSI and the Gigabyte :confused:

I went for the Gigabyte but they both look like great cards, don't think you can go wrong. Just really like the look of the backplate and it lights up :D

Main difference for me is the MSI Gaming cards tend to be quieter due to low rpm fans even at 100%. They are 100mm so they push enough air. The fans also stay off at idle/light load so if you want the quieter one I would go for the MSI.

Associate
Looks like I'm going to have to look in the spare room tomorrow for one (if you don't hear from me then I have probably been buried alive by the mountain of junk in there)

Caporegime
OP
I've been gaming most of the day at 1600/2000 clocks and haven't suffered any crashes or artifacts or anything. Card temp ranged from 55c-68c depending on the game. Seriously impressed and don't have any buyers remorse at all as at these clocks it's a fair bit faster than my 780 was.

Soldato
I've been gaming most of the day at 1600/2000 clocks and haven't suffered any crashes or artifacts or anything. Card temp ranged from 55c-68c depending on the game. Seriously impressed and don't have any buyers remorse at all as at these clocks it's a fair bit faster than my 780 was.

Crazy temps for those clocks.
I was planning on getting two with blower fans but maybe the MSI cards would be a better choice.

Caporegime
Nice oc and temps, pretty tempted by a pair of 970's myself but need to refrain.:D

Back
Top Bottom